Western C/O 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Someone posted this to a fb group

“I just called admissions and they said they haven't sent out any offers to alternates yet. They don't know when that will begin since "the higher ups make that decision," but when it does it will be coming through via email unless it's like a week before orientation in which case a phone call would be made as well!”

Looks like we wont get any news for a bit
i89SPBI.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I’d just like a general idea of how full the class is, I feel like that isn’t too much to ask! Especially with it being like 2 months until classes start! :(

Reactions: 1 users
I’d just like a general idea of how full the class is, I feel like that isn’t too much to ask! Especially with it being like 2 months until classes start! :(
Same... it seems crazy that they haven’t even started calling off the waitlist yet. My family lives in CA, luckily only about 50 min from the school, but obviously there are OOS peeps and a cross country move so late in the game is tough:dead: I totally understand that those “I got called off 2 days before school” can happen, but it doesn’t seem like you’d want all your alternates scrambling:shrug:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like they should tell us if the class is full or not. They said mid-late May and it's May 30th...

Reactions: 3 users
emailed Karen this morning. here's the response I got: "As of this morning the class is full. A few offers were made recently to alternates in the alternate pool. They have two weeks to respond to the offer. If they decline or do not respond, the Dean will review the alternate pool and select additional candidates."

:(

I was offered a spot off the waitlist last night! I'll be declining it (even though I love Western!) after accepting at Kansas State instead.

I was really hoping that the waitlist would move as fast as it did the previous years. It almost sounds discouraging that the class is already full with just "a few offers" made to alternates. I wonder what the approximate number might be. :(

Last edited:
I was really hoping that the waitlist would move as fast as it did the previous years. It almost sounds discouraging that the class is already full with just "a few offers" made to alternates. I wonder what the approximate number might be. :(

I think it’s slower because they accepted a lot more students this year than previous years. Other years from what I read, almost the whole class was alternate students. This year they accepted more than double their class size, which doesn’t leave much roommfor alternates

Hey guys, wanted to let you know I was offered a seat a couple days ago! :)

I emailed Karen for an update and was told that the latest we can expect to hear from them is July. Fingers crossed!!

any movement from waitlist? anyone got off the waitlist ?

Members don't see this ad :)
nope, I wondering how many are still on the waitlist.

It has been a month after those 6 offers been made, anyone else got off the waitlist after that ???

Last edited:
Asked Karen for an update out of curiosity, and she said that there are currently 104 alternates with the class still being full.

wondering from 118 to 104 alternates are they been pull off waitlist or drop off from waitlist ?

Lmao I know at this point it’s proooooobably over for me but I can’t help but be optimistic still

Reactions: 2 users
Just got pulled off the waitlist! :clap: Anyone else?

Reactions: 5 users
I got pulled off this week too! I was all set and planning to go to SGU but I'm 99% sure WesternU is right for me. Any current students willing to message? I have a few questions about the school

I got pulled off this week too! I was all set and planning to go to SGU but I'm 99% sure WesternU is right for me. Any current students willing to message? I have a few questions about the school
Did you two happen to get an email or phone call? I am currently out of the country with no cell service, and it's making me anxious lol

Did you two happen to get an email or phone call? I am currently out of the country with no cell service, and it's making me anxious lol
e-mail, with 2 weeks to make a decision. I don't think were quite at the phone call and have 1 day to decide portion yet, honestly I am glad lol I'm stressed out enough with the 2 weeks to decide

Last week of July and last chance for this year , anyone got pull off waitlist?? anyone talked with Karen??

Last week of July and last chance for this year , anyone got pull off waitlist?? anyone talked with Karen??
I got an email from her Friday that said the absolute latest we’ll be contacted is August 3rd since orientation starts the Monday after. Fingers crossed!!

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed already. The questions posted by the person that replied before me are really similar to the real thing
Hi I have an interview tomorrow I was wondering is the Veterinary Clinical Center they tell us to meet at is in the Veterinary Medicine Center or at the Pet Health Center??

Hi I have an interview tomorrow I was wondering is the Veterinary Clinical Center they tell us to meet at is in the Veterinary Medicine Center or at the Pet Health Center??
It’s right next door to PHC, like attached/in the same building.

Hello all!

Graduation is right around the corner. If any of you are looking for local employment, my clinic is currently looking to hire and mentor a new graduate DVM. We are a small animal practice located in Alta Loma, California. Please send me a personal message if you are interested in more details.