Western C/O 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm a California resident too!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Same, the supplemental I had turned in in July, my vmcas in early August...Still haven't got an email saying I'm in committee review:(

I turned mine in early September. Mine is not in committee review yet either. Maybe when you submit it it just goes in a pool and the review and process at random? Either way there is no way they are done with interview invites so we just have to wait it out!

Same, the supplemental I had turned in in July, my vmcas in early August...Still haven't got an email saying I'm in committee review:(
At least you know they haven't tossed out your application yet. Mine has been in committee review since oct 12th, so I'm wondering if I'm in a rejection pile somewhere :(

Members don't see this ad :)
At least you know they haven't tossed out your application yet. Mine has been in committee review since oct 12th, so I'm wondering if I'm in a rejection pile somewhere :(
I feel you, mine has been in review since the 3rd!! : ( I'm like when are they gonna just send the rejection :(

I feel yall. A friend of mine got her email that it was in review last Tuesday, and this morning she got her interview invite. Meanwhile I'm still waiting since the 18th.

I feel you, mine has been in review since the 3rd!! : ( I'm like when are they gonna just send the rejection :(
Although in the email saying my application was in review, it did say that some are offered interviews right away and others are set aside for further review.

Just got an interview invite from Western this morning! AHHH! So excited!

Reactions: 3 users
Yay congrats!! Nothing for me yet still in review! :) how long was your app in review before you got an interview? :)

So I got an email that my application was in review early in October, but they had an issue with my transcript so I was put on hold. But, my app went back into review October 24th!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what kinda questions they ask? :)

JUST GOT MY INTERVIEW INVITE!!!

Reactions: 2 users
ME TOO!!!!!!!!! :D YAY CONGRATS! When are you interviewing?

Just got an interview!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Got my interview invite today! I'm OOS and panicking trying to find a flight/hotel. Anyone in the same boat?

Congrats everybody! Mine is still with the commitee. Starting to get a little discouraged. :( I'm so happy for all of you!

Congrats everybody! Mine is still with the commitee. Starting to get a little discouraged. :( I'm so happy for all of you!
Keep your head up! The fact that I got an invite this morning was shocking considering that I probably have the lowest stats I've seen compared to anyone who shared theirs on here. I'm sure you will get yours soon!

Keep your head up! The fact that I got an invite this morning was shocking considering that I probably have the lowest stats I've seen compared to anyone who shared theirs on here. I'm sure you will get yours soon!
Don't put yourself down! I'm sure your interview invite is well deserved. I have a pretty low gpa, but great experience. I've been a tech at an emergency clinic for 5 years, wildlife rehab experience, zoo internship, etc. I'm hoping the varied experience helps even my application out. I do have an interview for avc in November, so at least I have something so far!

Yeah I'm in the same boat too! My GPA isn't amazing, but I feel like my wide range of experience is that helped me out! We made it this far guys, we can do it! ;)

Mine still hasn't gone to committee review, or if it has they haven't notified me :(

My application has been in review for a month, do they tell you if you don't get an interview?

My application has been in review for a month, do they tell you if you don't get an interview?
I think they send out rejections in waves. I haven't heard of anybody getting any rejections yet.

Does anyone know what day the last day of interviews are happening? Last year it was November 11th....Still have to hold out hope for those of us who’s application hasn’t even been reviewed yet!

Does anyone know what day the last day of interviews are happening? Last year it was November 11th....Still have to hold out hope for those of us who’s application hasn’t even been reviewed yet!

In one of the PDF's I read, it said that the last day for interviews was November 13th I believe! Im not 100% sure because I'm going off my own memory haha

I have no idea the exact date, but on their website it does say interviews will be held in November and December, so there is still hope!!

November 13 I believe

Things are pushed back this year, so I'm sure the last interview day isn't the 13th.

My application just went into committee review on Tuesday. It seems like it takes at least a week for them to offer an interview. So I assume the last day for interviews would be later than the 13th because some applications are just being put into committee review.

This morning, I received an email from WesternU Admissions, offering me an interview. The only dates I see available are November 6th, 11th, and the 13th. Perhaps they will open more dates in later weeks, but for me those are the only dates I can select.

Western has this Interview Orientation Booklet pdf on their website that says the following:

"General Applicant Information
• We received over 700 applications and expect approximately 400 interviews to be scheduled to fill a
class of 105 students.
• Interviews will be conducted October 28 and 30 and November 4, 6, 11, and 13, 2017."

So it doesn't seem like they're adding more dates...

Reactions: 1 users
Western has this Interview Orientation Booklet pdf on their website that says the following:

"General Applicant Information
• We received over 700 applications and expect approximately 400 interviews to be scheduled to fill a
class of 105 students.
• Interviews will be conducted October 28 and 30 and November 4, 6, 11, and 13, 2017."

So it doesn't seem like they're adding more dates...

Yeah, I'm not sure! I did talk to admissions today and was told that there are still apps with the committee, and there are apps that haven't been processed yet that are currently undergoing that transition. She said they're getting there!

Yeah, I'm not sure! I did talk to admissions today and was told that there are still apps with the committee, and there are apps that haven't been processed yet that are currently undergoing that transition. She said they're getting there!

I hope they're able to give people at least a week's notice before the interview then!

Mine still hasn't gone to committee review, or if it has they haven't notified me :(
I never got notified that mine was in committee review, but got an interview this morning! There is still hope!

I have an interview with Western University coming up on 11/11 and I was wondering if anyone could help me out on the types of questions they typically ask for Vet Students? Anything would help! Thanks!

I was just offered an interview! Because I am out of state, they offered me December 2.