You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Western Class of 2014!!!!
Started by NeonCat
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OMG I scared the crap out of my cat when I opened that email!!!!!!!!! I am so ecstatic and cannot believe third time is the charm!
OMG I scared the crap out of my cat when I opened that email!!!!!!!!! I am so ecstatic and cannot believe third time is the charm!
does this mean u got in?!?!?! POST IN ACCEPTANCES!! yayyyy natalieses!!!
Best day ever.
When I applied, Western was kind of thrown onto the application as an afterthought, and I assumed it would be my last choice school. Then when I visited for the interview, I fell head over heels in love with it, and it quickly got promoted to #1. I can't wait to go in August!
When I applied, Western was kind of thrown onto the application as an afterthought, and I assumed it would be my last choice school. Then when I visited for the interview, I fell head over heels in love with it, and it quickly got promoted to #1. I can't wait to go in August!
Although I have mostly lurked on this board, it's nice to know that you guys are my future classmates! 🙂 I didn't feel like my interview went very well, so this was a complete shock!
I am literally jumping for joy!!!!! I keep rereading the email to make sure it really is an acceptance. The title of the email is so vague I got so scared to open it!
Sometime before classes start up, we should all make a trip to Universal Studios and ride roller coasters until we puke. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Been sorta low key on SDN just checking in here and there, but definitely have to make my presence known that I am officially one of you!!! Woo hoo future Western Students! Looking forward to meeting you all!
😀😀😀😀😀 I GOT IN! I GOT IN! I GOT IN! IT'S MY FIRST CHOICE AND I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was at the path lab volunteering when I checked my phone and screamed so loud they thought I cut off my hand. LOL 😀😀😀
I'M SO FREAKIN EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was at the path lab volunteering when I checked my phone and screamed so loud they thought I cut off my hand. LOL 😀😀😀
I'M SO FREAKIN EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Western has made some really excellent decisions so far. 👍
So now that I've had a few hours to digest what has happened today and talk to people about it I am freaking out. I don't think it helps that I have a shot at still getting into my in state school off the waitlist (even though I consider Western my #1 choice). I just need all of you to help me here! lol. I'm freaking out about the money of course even though I've already run through the benefits vs costs in my mind a million times before today. I'm freaking out about moving clear across the country (even though cali is BEAUTIFUL). I'm freaking out about pbl and am I good enough to survive it. Basically I'm worried about everything...I'm trying to keep that feeling I had when I went for my interview and how much i fell in love with Western over again, but it is hard with all of the doubts creeping into my brain! Anyone else feeling any of this??
Congrats to everyone that got accepted! I know this has to be so sweet for marcwood given how loooooong you had to wait for an interview invite. Good job!! 😀
Thank you Tabotie! All that agonizing and waiting for an interview paid off. PM me for an update with your apps 😀
OK Who's going to start the Facebook page?
Congratulations, all of you!!
OK Who's going to start the Facebook page?
I was just wondering that! Anyone?
It took me two times to log in....nothing special about it once you get there, I don't think you can even change your password either! Still numb. Champagne for lunch!
I was able to change my password. Look under "Options" and scroll to the bottom of the page.
I was able to change my password. Look under "Options" and scroll to the bottom of the page.
I changed my password and now I can't sign in. Anyone else having that problem?
I changed my password and now I can't sign in. Anyone else having that problem?
Nope, mine works fine with my new password.
Nope, mine works fine with my new password.
hmm, I don't know then. I guess I'll just wait till Monday and email them if I still can't sign in
ETA: Nevermind...I was finally able to log on
Last edited:
Hmm... no email. Any chance they'll be sending them out Mon? *Hopes quietly*. Congrats you guys!
Thank you Tabotie! All that agonizing and waiting for an interview paid off. PM me for an update with your apps 😀
OK Who's going to start the Facebook page?
hahaha there's no group yet!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So now that I've had a few hours to digest what has happened today and talk to people about it I am freaking out. I don't think it helps that I have a shot at still getting into my in state school off the waitlist (even though I consider Western my #1 choice). I just need all of you to help me here! lol. I'm freaking out about the money of course even though I've already run through the benefits vs costs in my mind a million times before today. I'm freaking out about moving clear across the country (even though cali is BEAUTIFUL). I'm freaking out about pbl and am I good enough to survive it. Basically I'm worried about everything...I'm trying to keep that feeling I had when I went for my interview and how much i fell in love with Western over again, but it is hard with all of the doubts creeping into my brain! Anyone else feeling any of this??
if western is your first choice, i'd go to western. it does cost a lot, but the way i see it, i'll take a few more years of debt if it means having enjoying my next 4 years over paying cheaper somewhere else and feeling the whole time i made the wrong choice/i don't belong w/ that program
i was born and raised in cali and i'm biased, but i'll just straight out say it: cali is the best!!! 😀
sometimes i can't help but think that way about doubting myself, but at the same time, you gotta realize they picked you for a reason..and you beat out a lot of people to get that spot too so be proud of yourself. making vet school is one thing...now you gotta worry about surviving so keep your game up and hustle harder!
and i'll get off my soap box now. i made western too! i thought my interview went quite well, but i'm not sure what to do yet. i'm anxiously waiting on davis at the moment. i think if i don't make davis, i'm leaning towards ksu over western, but i gotta give it some serious thought once i finish finals next week and hear back from davis in the next couple weeks. got my last final/last class of undergrad on tues, but tonight i think i'm just gona enjoy some beers and watch inglorious basterds. holla at everyone who made it/are alternates to western for this fall!
So I just set up an account, but have been checking out threads a bit the last few weeks. I just got my email today too. I am so excited and can not wait to meet everyone!
Someone pinch me! Oh wait I woke up this morning and.....I AM REALLY GOING TO SCHOOL!!!! 😍 My email thing would not work at all when I tried to log in. Anyone else having that issue?
Count me in!
I know my father is not gonna want me to go. It's a huge logistical problem to relocate with my crap, car, and horse (!). I can't believe I'm willing to take on all the loans I'll be applying for. I've never lived anywhere BUT NJ- so as scary as it is, bring it! I'm still in a bit of shock!
Where's the FB group?
I know my father is not gonna want me to go. It's a huge logistical problem to relocate with my crap, car, and horse (!). I can't believe I'm willing to take on all the loans I'll be applying for. I've never lived anywhere BUT NJ- so as scary as it is, bring it! I'm still in a bit of shock!
Where's the FB group?

Someone pinch me! Oh wait I woke up this morning and.....I AM REALLY GOING TO SCHOOL!!!! 😍 My email thing would not work at all when I tried to log in. Anyone else having that issue?
I know!!!! I felt the same way when I woke up. I had to reread the email just to make sure it wasn't a dream! AAAAH I can't believe it!!!!! We're going to be vets!!!!!
I'm having the same problems. I think I've tried logging in a hudred times. I do it really slow to make sure I get the password just right and I still can't get through. I'm going to have to call them on Monday.
Sorry guys, have to hijack a little. CONGRATS to everyone who got accepted!! It is unreal. Natalieses, TrocarKarin, I'm especially estatic remembering going through angst with you last year! Jerseygirl, there are a good number of us Jersey-ites out here, you'll be at home and have travel buddies 🙂 .
Natalieses, all I can say is I had choices of where I went to school and it was one of the most difficult decisions. However, it wasn't a big money difference as I didn't have an in state to chose from. Personally I KNOW I made the right decision. No school is perfect and I remember peeing my pants thinking about pbl. All I can say is anywhere you go will be tough, but I've never had so much fun in school, honestly.
Sounds like you guys have a great class so far. My class rocks, western did a good job there and I'm convinced they know what their doing picking the right people to be here. So have faith in yourself and trust the system. Any questions feel free to PM me or find me on FB c/o 2013! Congrats c/ 2014!!
Natalieses, all I can say is I had choices of where I went to school and it was one of the most difficult decisions. However, it wasn't a big money difference as I didn't have an in state to chose from. Personally I KNOW I made the right decision. No school is perfect and I remember peeing my pants thinking about pbl. All I can say is anywhere you go will be tough, but I've never had so much fun in school, honestly.
Sounds like you guys have a great class so far. My class rocks, western did a good job there and I'm convinced they know what their doing picking the right people to be here. So have faith in yourself and trust the system. Any questions feel free to PM me or find me on FB c/o 2013! Congrats c/ 2014!!
Congrats to all of you getting into Western. By the way, it is a beautiful sunny morning with temps expected in the high 60s to low 70s in Socal today. Better get used to it!
We have a regular flow of Western students doing rotations at the clinic I volunteer at and it is a really great group of people so congrats and enjoy!
We have a regular flow of Western students doing rotations at the clinic I volunteer at and it is a really great group of people so congrats and enjoy!
Congrats to all of you getting into Western. By the way, it is a beautiful sunny morning with temps expected in the high 60s to low 70s in Socal today. Better get used to it!
We have a regular flow of Western students doing rotations at the clinic I volunteer at and it is a really great group of people so congrats and enjoy!
I'm so glad to be accepted to Western and not have to leave SoCal. To all the OOSers, SoCal is ready to welcome you with open arms and sunny weather 😀
Ok this is completely off topic but: StartingOverVet, is that your plane? Do you have your pilot's license?
If so, I'm extremely jealous! One of my goals in life lol.
Not sure if I should answer. I seem to get in trouble "off-topic".
But I can't resist....
That WAS my plane. I had to sell it once taking classes while working full time interfered with any time I had to actually fly. Machines fall apart if they are not being used.
I am a CFI (certified flight instructor). Took me years of work to slowly get all my ratings. The instructing thing never made me any money so it is really more of a hobby than a career.
I highly recommend it to anyone, have taken lots of people on their first ever ride in a small airplane. It is especially good for people who are afraid of flying to try. Many fears comes from a lack of control, learning to fly gives people back the control they crave.
Although it is not cheap, many people get their private pilot licenses flying once a week over a longer period of time which makes it much more manageable.
I am sure you will be able to reach your goal AFTER vet school when you have some free time and free cash. Who knows? Maybe I can be your flight instructor some day.
See what happens when you ask a small question? You can't shut me up.
2 last thoughts about flying....
1) My favorite scene in flying is when I get to break out above a cloud layer on an overcast day and fly in bright sunlight right above the cloud level. It never gets old for me.
2) Flying was a great stress reliever for me. When I was flying I didn't have time to obsess over all the things going on in my life. Too busy flying the plane.
I'll shut up now. Back to your regularly scheduled programming....
While I've never done this personally in my own craft, I'd have to agree. When I was flying out of Kansas City it was snowing, and it was very drab and disgusting on the ground. When we broke through the cloud layer, it was fantastic. The transition just seemed so abrupt and it was just sunny as all get out with the clouds doing seemingly nothing except reinforcing that point.1) My favorite scene in flying is when I get to break out above a cloud layer on an overcast day and fly in bright sunlight right above the cloud level. It never gets old for me.
Another part I love about flying (though again, just passenger) is how other planes just seem to glide across the sky in the backdrop of the clouds. They seem so svelte up above and nothing like the lumbering beasts they are on the ground.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone started a facebook group? I just need to put some faces to these sdn alias'!
I'd be willing to start/join a FB group if the content is open to members only (ie somewhat restricted). There are too many stalkers in the world!
So did anyone get the attachment in their acceptance email? In the email, it says it should have an pre-matriculation checklist attachment but it's not there
No attachment in the email, but this link is lifted from the 2013 thread. Some links, like the computer standards are updated for 2014, but some, like the checklist still say 2013.
http://prospective.westernu.edu/veterinary/admitted
And LLIPPY- when all of you Jersey people are visiting home this summer, we should do lunch! I remember at the interview one of the 3rd years was telling me that there were a lot of NJers at Western. I'm glad I don't have to represent the state by myself!