-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Western/COMP Discussion Thread 2010-2011
Started by Siggy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Ugh... letter's still not uploaded.... anyone else having problems? I emailed them a little while ago and they said to wait before sending them again because it takes a while to upload but seriously lol.
When did you send them? Mine have been in for a while. You can also call them, they are pretty good about at least double checking that they have received them if you sent them via interfolio (not sure how you sent)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has any1 been offered an interview yet?
According to the woman who e-mailed me saying she was going to be my admissions councilor for the process they are not going to begin reviewing any applications until early September. Interview invites will begin around that time.
I checked today and all my stuff has finally been received for both campuses.
well, i called the other day and they said they have received and downloaded my letters but it hasn't been reviewed yet 👍
although it still isn't updated on the site, so i'll venture to guess that they'll update it after they review everything?
They update it before they review. I went through similar messages with them, they had my letters but didnt change the status online, finally my status changed that they received my letters and has been in "Complete, ready for review" for quite a while.
Is the limit one page double-spaced or one page single-spaced?
And how many of you wrote a whole page for every prompt?
Thanks 🙂
I'd appreciate this info too. Writing my essays now, and there's a big difference between page per prompt and one page for all 4. Thanks!
i ended up calling them, and they said i should have received the secondary already, and they just ended up sending it to me after i called. i would call them to see whats up
Thank you so much for posting this. Silly me, on August 19th I called to ask if there is something wrong with my primary because I still hadn't heard about a secondary invite. Same thing, they are emailing me the secondary today. 10 days to complete everything before they start reviewing! Power-secondary!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you so much for posting this. Silly me, on August 19th I called to ask if there is something wrong with my primary because I still hadn't heard about a secondary invite. Same thing, they are emailing me the secondary today. 10 days to complete everything before they start reviewing! Power-secondary!
Did they say there are planning to start reviewing applications in 10 days (end of Aug/early Sept.)?
Did they say there are planning to start reviewing applications in 10 days (end of Aug/early Sept.)?
According to the woman who e-mailed me saying she was going to be my admissions councilor for the process they are not going to begin reviewing any applications until early September. Interview invites will begin around that time.
I didn't hear it from the counselor first-hand but I'm trusting what DbDan said. 👍
"Courage, comerades!" - The pig in Animal Farm
Finally submitted my secondary application today, lol..
Just one quick question, the only things that we need to mail them are the signature page and the $65 check, right? 🙂
Just one quick question, the only things that we need to mail them are the signature page and the $65 check, right? 🙂
Finally submitted my secondary application today, lol..
Just one quick question, the only things that we need to mail them are the signature page and the $65 check, right? 🙂
Si, senorita.
Finally submitted my secondary application today, lol..
Just one quick question, the only things that we need to mail them are the signature page and the $65 check, right? 🙂
A firstborn probably wouldn't hurt either. 😉
Finally submitted my secondary application today, lol..
Just one quick question, the only things that we need to mail them are the signature page and the $65 check, right? 🙂
I reaallllyyy need to finish mine today
How long were your essays?
I reaallllyyy need to finish mine today
How long were your essays?
Not very long.
Underrepresented community essay: about half a page..
Criteria essay: 2/3 page
California essay: 2/3 page..
DO essay: one page
btw, they are all single space..😛
Not very long.
Underrepresented community essay: about half a page..
Criteria essay: 2/3 page
California essay: 2/3 page..
DO essay: one page
btw, they are all single space..😛
Thanks 🙂
If I recall correctly, there is no early decision for western right?
Also, does anyone know when their first interviews go out?
AHHHH I WANNA GO TO WESTERRRRNNNNN!!!!
Also, does anyone know when their first interviews go out?
AHHHH I WANNA GO TO WESTERRRRNNNNN!!!!
Yeah, they are late with interview offers. I emailed admissions office this week, she said they were starting to review in 2 weeks time, so I wouldn't count on an interview invite for a few weeks. Such a bummer as this is a top choice school for me.
How long were your guys' response to their questions?
My first two prompts were a page long, single spaced. The last two prompts were about 3/4th's of a page, also single spaced.
i have to stop obsessively (and illogically) checking my email in hopes of hearing back from COMP. next best thing - talking about it here 🙂
Hahaha me too. Glad I'm not the only one. Hopefully we'll hear soon!
Hahaha me too. Glad I'm not the only one. Hopefully we'll hear soon!
They were supposed to start reviewing the first week of september. Which means reviewing likely starts next week. Hopefully we start hearing back by the next thursday-ish... I'm anxiously awaiting lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dammit Western! I just got an e-mail right now saying "WesternU is headed to the Los Angeles County Fair" but at first all I saw was it was from Western, my heart jumped for a minute there. haha bastards! teasing!
Haha I got that too!
why don't i get it? i'm jealous 😀
I didn't get it either, mdang86. Maybe it's because we're both from Ohio so there's no way we would think of going to the LA fair 🙁 Who knows though 🙂
I didn't get it either, mdang86. Maybe it's because we're both from Ohio so there's no way we would think of going to the LA fair 🙁 Who knows though 🙂
conspiring discrimination against ohioan ppl 😎 j/k
conspiring discrimination against ohioan ppl 😎 j/k
I didn't get it either...I'm going to say it's a conspiracy against mid-westerners b/c I'm from IL lol
Dammit Western! I just got an e-mail right now saying "WesternU is headed to the Los Angeles County Fair" but at first all I saw was it was from Western, my heart jumped for a minute there. haha bastards! teasing!
I got that too..lol..I was like.."OMG, interview invite? Finally!"..well, disappointed me again..
Here it is:
Learn about WesternU at
"Pomona Day at the L.A. County Fair"
Friday, September 10th
12:00-7:00PM
Business Expo
Near Building 4
(enter through Gate 1 on McKinley)
http://redir.targetx.com/cgi-bin/email/redir.cgi?id=0000777876-114854341
We looking forward to seeing you at the Fair!
Sincerely,
WesternU
Office of University Recruitment
Learn about WesternU at
"Pomona Day at the L.A. County Fair"
Friday, September 10th
12:00-7:00PM
Business Expo
Near Building 4
(enter through Gate 1 on McKinley)
http://redir.targetx.com/cgi-bin/email/redir.cgi?id=0000777876-114854341
We looking forward to seeing you at the Fair!
Sincerely,
WesternU
Office of University Recruitment
Here it is:
Learn about WesternU at
"Pomona Day at the L.A. County Fair"
Friday, September 10th
12:00-7:00PM
Business Expo
Near Building 4
(enter through Gate 1 on McKinley)
http://redir.targetx.com/cgi-bin/email/redir.cgi?id=0000777876-114854341
We looking forward to seeing you at the Fair!
Sincerely,
WesternU
Office of University Recruitment
Thank you 🙂
Any of you guys going? I'm thinking of checking it out tomorrow
If I were already planning on going to the fair that day I might stop by. But I think I'd rather just go to an information session at the school. I have a feeling they'll be trying to recruit more people for the other programs they offer (masters degrees, etc.). But hey, you never know!
Thank you 🙂
Any of you guys going? I'm thinking of checking it out tomorrow
I'm not going. My DMU interview is gonna be on sep 10th 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not going. My DMU interview is gonna be on sep 10th 😛
Good luck 😛
Hey guys, I heard that there is a deadline to turn in secondary for Western? Is it true? If you miss the deadline, will they not look at your file any more?
In the past there was a 30 day deadline from the time of receipt. I don't remember hearing that this year though.
In the past there was a 30 day deadline from the time of receipt. I don't remember hearing that this year though.
This year's says if you don't return it within 30 days it will be delayed. What exactly that means is anyone's guess.
In the past there was a 30 day deadline from the time of receipt. I don't remember hearing that this year though.
It didn't say anything about it in the email but it is actually on their website..
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K
- Replies
- 471
- Views
- 145K
- Replies
- 116
- Views
- 31K
- Replies
- 712
- Views
- 236K
