You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Western University Class of 2019
Started by nuikm3603
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I believe they do! I went to one of their preview days and it seems like they place a lot of emphasis on teamwork. Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong!Do you know if Western uses team based learning?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are correct! The curriculum at WesternU is built around teamwork. Each year, you are assigned to a different group of 6-7 people, and it is with these people that you do all of your team-based activities, including team assignments, presentations, and projects. WesternU also is unique in the sense that it offers interprofessional education (IPE), where you work in a team with students from the other health professions on patient cases.I believe they do! I went to one of their preview days and it seems like they place a lot of emphasis on teamwork. Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong!
Let me know if you guys have any more questions!
Anyone going to the interview tomorrow ?
Its been quiet here. Has anyone heard back from the 11/15 interview? I am anxiously waiting...
Yea I got my acceptance email this morning and I am from the 11/15 interview date. Perhaps your acceptance is on the way? 🙂 No worries
Last edited:
Around what time did you get the letter .. I'm waiting too 🙁Yea I got my acceptance email this morning and I am from the 11/15 interview date. We were told today (Mon) would be the day we hear back so perhaps your acceptance is on the way? =) No worries
Around what time did you get the letter .. I'm waiting too 🙁
I got the email at 9:50am
Congratulations!!! Is this your first choice ?I got the email at 9:50am
Congras on your acceptance. I would assume that all accepted students were notified yesterday. Let keep hoping 🙁Yea I got my acceptance email this morning and I am from the 11/15 interview date. We were told today (Mon) would be the day we hear back so perhaps your acceptance is on the way? 🙂 No worries
i got an acceptance email around the same time as well. good luck to those still waiting for a response!I got the email at 9:50am
interview date: 12/13....any prior/Previous intervieweeeees have any suggestions and what to prepare/expect for the interview day???
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here just waiting 🙁has anyone still not received a decision regarding the interview on 11/15 ?
I am still waiting hopelessly....
me too, waiting 🙁Same here just waiting 🙁
Have you heard anything back yet? They said that today is the last day that we should hear something back, but still nothing 🙁Same here just waiting 🙁
Me neither. I am still waiting too. It has been 3 weeks now...jesusHave you heard anything back yet? They said that today is the last day that we should hear something back, but still nothing 🙁
Me neither. I am still waiting too. It has been 3 weeks now...jesus
Last edited:
Hey! How was your interview? how many students were there???After a long wait... got a rejection letter from the November interview. shocked.
Hey...do you mind to share the test format and how was it like???It is quite possible they are still processing aplications granted adcom must go through essays in addition to the other test component. Keep positive, everything will work out. 🙂
Hey, can you give us some tips about the interview process? Mine is on 12/13 and I just wanted to know how it's like. Thanks in advance.I will leak the entire interview process on here tomorrow. After my final. Stay tuned
Here is their interview process. Different groups have different order.
1. Dean starts bragging about western and how they are better than SF and SC.
2. Take about a 40 question multiple choice test. Mostly situational.
3. Go into a room and wait for and bunch of P1s that don't want to be there to greet you till the interviewer comes. They are doing it for hours.
4. Interviewer (P3, P4 student) comes and calls your name. Walks you to a small room and begins to ask questions with a faculty member.
- Why Pharmacy?
- Why Western?
- Define teamwork
- Why not be a nurse or other health profession?
- What do you like to do under stress?
Then you can ask them questions.
5. Go back to room. Wait for your group to be done then go back to the original room.
6. Take an essay. The prompt is describe a experience that has made a significant impact on you. Pretty much write about anything.
7. Financial aid guy comes and talks for 40 minutes. End of day.
1. Dean starts bragging about western and how they are better than SF and SC.
2. Take about a 40 question multiple choice test. Mostly situational.
3. Go into a room and wait for and bunch of P1s that don't want to be there to greet you till the interviewer comes. They are doing it for hours.
4. Interviewer (P3, P4 student) comes and calls your name. Walks you to a small room and begins to ask questions with a faculty member.
- Why Pharmacy?
- Why Western?
- Define teamwork
- Why not be a nurse or other health profession?
- What do you like to do under stress?
Then you can ask them questions.
5. Go back to room. Wait for your group to be done then go back to the original room.
6. Take an essay. The prompt is describe a experience that has made a significant impact on you. Pretty much write about anything.
7. Financial aid guy comes and talks for 40 minutes. End of day.
🙂
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey...do you mind to share the test format and how was it like???
It was your standard test. It has approximately 30 questions and just assessed your ability to think through various scenarios. It is really nothing to be too worried about. You'll do fine. Try to answer as honestly as possible and don't think about your answers too deeply, afterall there is a time limit! Good luck 🙂
Last edited:
^ You already got accepted... why are you worried about playing field?
Because in the world that I live in, not everything is solely about ME. You do realize there are students who are wait-listed (some of which are my friends) and what youre doing is not fair to them nor the other applicants in a similar boat with WesternU as a top choice. So to answer your q, thats why I am "worried" about the playing field, with worried used VERY loosely. Youre being vindictive and we both know it. You arent doing any of this with a good heart or to be helpful, youre doing it out of spite and that's the ugliest part... but do you booboo. You've done it already so at this point, it doesn't matter. Good luck with the rest of this process, its only the beginning...
^You need to relax charmingpharm22. Cmon. If Western is using that same prompt again, thats on them for being lazy. Plus, what advantage can you have knowing that prompt? I almost laughed when I saw the essay. Its just testing your English.
Last edited:
Interesting read
http://careerplanning.about.com/u/ua/occupations/pharmacist_ua.htm
http://careerplanning.about.com/u/ua/occupations/pharmacist_ua.htm
anyone hear anything back from interview 12/13???
I second your comment!anyone hear anything back from interview 12/13???
They said we would hear by today, I knew it was too good to be true!! 🙁
So I got an email of acceptance yesterday. Does anyone know if they usually do email or do they also call? I didn't get a call.I second your comment!
They said we would hear by today, I knew it was too good to be true!! 🙁
Good luck to the rest of you!
I had the 12/13 interview. I thought I did relatively well on my interview but I was placed on hold 🙁 anyone else hear back?
I thought I did well on the interview also, but I got placed on hold too. 🙁I had the 12/13 interview. I thought I did relatively well on my interview but I was placed on hold 🙁 anyone else hear back?
Definitely not true! There have been people who get in from alternate position. People will definitely reject their offers and that'll open up more spots for more students.I got placed on hold too. Does anyone know the chances of getting accepted from hold? My friend told me to treat the hold status as a nicer way to say you're rejected.🙂.
That feel much better. Thank you meowjessica for the info. I'll just keep hoping at least it is not a rejection email or letter yet. Gotta try my best on Uop then 

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too. Got my hold email today around 5pm. Wondered how many did they put on hold and if there is ranking in hold status
I have two friends that's got their emails of acceptance on 12/18 around 5pm...then I got my hold letter today 12/19 around 5pm as well
I applied last year and was put on hold until April or something. Don't fret because it is not as bad being on hold since it is not automatically rejection. People on hold still get accepted or put on alternate list. If you're not fit to the program, they will send you a rejection letter because I don't think they would want to give you false hope by putting you on hold. For now don't worried about it too much (unless it's your first choice), just focus on your current classes or preparing for your next interviews. Best of luck. 🙂
Did you eventually get in?I applied last year and was put on hold until April or something. Don't fret because it is not as bad being on hold since it is not automatically rejection. People on hold still get accepted or put on alternate list. If you're not fit to the program, they will send you a rejection letter because I don't think they would want to give you false hope by putting you on hold. For now don't worried about it too much (unless it's your first choice), just focus on your current classes or preparing for your next interviews. Best of luck. 🙂
I eventually was put in the alternate list. I kind of expected that because Western was my first interview and I was really nervous. I didn't care much because Western was not really my top choice and I got accepted to both of my top and second choices a month later. A friend of mine got in from being on hold though. Anyways, again, try to focus on something else. I know waiting is hard and you must be frustrated when you know you put on hold. I was in your shoes before 😉 Don't stress out too much. 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K