Western University of Health Science Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there anyone that didn't have the scenario question but still got accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

I honestly cannot predict how my interview went. I feel like it was OK. Everyone was right though, all the staff and students were extremely nice and welcoming which made everything much, much easier. They pride themselves on being laid-back and informal, which is awesome. Even the dean mentioned that in his introductory speech.

As for the essay portion, I feel like that went great, but then again, I could be completely OFF. I could have bombed it. I just don't know anymore.

As for the actual interview, I feel like it was OK. Not outstanding, not horrible. Can't really predict. Dr. Scott made it comfortable and very conversational the whole time, so that was good. But I honestly just can't tell how it went.

All I could do is pray, and cross my fingers. :xf::xf::xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when all pre-reqs have to be completed by? Is it June 1st, or the end of summer? In other words, can you complete a pre-req over the summer? As long as it's done before school starts...? Or do they not allow you the summer to finish pre-reqs?

Does anyone know when all pre-reqs have to be completed by? Is it June 1st, or the end of summer? In other words, can you complete a pre-req over the summer? As long as it's done before school starts...? Or do they not allow you the summer to finish pre-reqs?
No, they don't allow you to finish prereqs over the summer. I think everything has to be completed before the June 1st deadline.

"All prerequisites must be completed by the end of the spring term prior to matriculation"
http://prospective.westernu.edu/pharmacy-pharmd/requirements

Can someone please tell me that there's actually someone that got accepted without being asked for that scenario question?:confused:

Anybody know where I can take Physiology LAB ONLY before the summer?! HELP!!

There's an accelerated program you can take in LA but they combined anatomy and physiology... though it does include lab :\
It fulfills the prereqs for Western U but it's a whole lot of info crammed into 1 month!

http://www.integratedscienceprogram.com/schedule-of-classes-calendar.cfm

Pre-reqs page:
http://wsprod.westernu.edu/wu/admn_...LLEGE_ID=5463&COLLEGE_NAME=S&DEPT_NAME=Pharm&

Last edited:
Anybody know where I can take Physiology LAB ONLY before the summer?! HELP!!

CSULA opens Physiology lab in Spring but you have to take the lecture concurrently. The course is Biol 434 (Animal Physiology II). I checked last night, and there were 19 seats left. The quarter will start next Monday 3/28, you need to register as soon as possible if you are not a current student at CSULA.
http://www.calstatela.edu/classschedule/pdf/spring/biol.pdf

Last edited:
What school are you attending? CSULA opens Physiology lab in Spring but you have to take the lecture concurrently. The course is Biol 434, and there are 19 seats left. The quarter will start next Monday 3/28, but I guess you need to apply as soon as possible if you are not a current student at CSULA.
http://www.calstatela.edu/classschedule/pdf/spring/biol.pdf

This would be through the Open University program if you're not a student there, if I recall correctly. I took my anatomy pre-req through Open University at SDSU last year, so its definitely possible to get in if it comes to that, as long as a million people aren't crashing it as well. Hopefully whatever you decide to do works out!

Can someone please tell me that there's actually someone that got accepted without being asked for that scenario question?:confused:

I don't think you should worry too much about this. Each interviewer has their own way of conducting the interviews and which questions they choose to ask, so I don't think it's a bad thing to have not been asked the scenario question.

Oh Crap... this could be a problem. F-WORD! :wtf::wtf::wtf:

I would do everything I could to make sure you get the prerequisites done if you are still in the running or accepted.. You will not be allowed to enter the program without the courses complete

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think you should worry too much about this. Each interviewer has their own way of conducting the interviews and which questions they choose to ask, so I don't think it's a bad thing to have not been asked the scenario question.

I hope so too thanks BabyBelle!!

I wasn't asked the scenario question and i got accepted. So don't worry too much. Hopefully you'll receive an acceptance too :)

I wasn't asked the scenario question and i got accepted. So don't worry too much. Hopefully you'll receive an acceptance too :)

Thanks alot mi2um :) congrats on your acceptance! Hope to see you in westernU

hey guys i helped out with the last interview and had a blast meeting you all. I'm glad you guys found western u to be nice and welcoming that means we did our job! :D
don't worry about the scenario questions even though some interviewers did not ask it they asked you other questions so it will not have an affect on if you get accepted or not.
good luck :D

I would do everything I could to make sure you get the prerequisites done if you are still in the running or accepted.. You will not be allowed to enter the program without the courses complete

Yeah, I hear you LOUD and CLEAR. I am doing everything in my power to have them done by the end of Spring. Thanks for the advice. :thumbup:

How long was your interview? Was it about 30 minutes? What were you talking about when they ended the interview? Maybe they did not have time to ask you the scenario questions. Do not feel too worried about it? Good luck!

How long was your interview? Was it about 30 minutes? What were you talking about when they ended the interview? Maybe they did not have time to ask you the scenario questions. Do not feel too worried about it? Good luck!

I didn't time it. He said that I did a good job and I was saying that I hope to see them in August. And he said "of course" so I don't know. Maybe he was just being nice. Thats why I haven't heard from them. I'm worried :( Thanks alot BTINA

anybody else from hold list received any letter or email regarding their status??:smuggrin::(:(:mad:

is there anyone who interviewed on 2/26 and still havent heard back yet?? cuz i still havent...:(

I didn't time it. He said that I did a good job and I was saying that I hope to see them in August. And he said "of course" so I don't know. Maybe he was just being nice. Thats why I haven't heard from them. I'm worried :( Thanks alot BTINA
It takes about 2 weeks or more to get the result. Hang in there! That is great that they said "Of course". It may be a positive sign. A hole status will be reviewed. After that, you still can receive the letter of accept, alternate, or non-accept. Good luck! :xf:

Last edited:
It takes about 2 weeks or more to get the result. Hang in there! That is great that they said "Of course". It may be a positive sign. A hole status will be reviewed. After that, you still can receive the letter of accept, alternate, or non-accept. Good luck! :xf:

Thanks alot!!! BTINA =)

I didn't know Western had extended interviews this past Tuesday for students in observant of Sabbath. I found out from a few of my classmates. I thought that's pretty considerate of them, I wonder if other schools do the same.

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I've been reading many of the posts here and was wondering how you guys/gals know that you are on hold or waitlisted? Is this posted on our supplemental application (login) or does Western send us an email if we are on hold or waitlisted? Thank you.

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I've been reading many of the posts here and was wondering how you guys/gals know that you are on hold or waitlisted? Is this posted on our supplemental application (login) or does Western send us an email if we are on hold or waitlisted? Thank you.

I believe that you will be receiving your status via mail -

Ok.. so MAJOR PROBLEM. Does anyone know where I can take Physiology Lab only before summer starts? If I have to take Physiology Lecture in order to take the lab, that's fine, I'll suck it up, but I'm having a really hard time finding either. UCLA extension is offering 2 sections that start today, but they are FULL and the waitlists are also FULL. I am freaking out. If I were to be accepted, and not have this done, that would mean I would not be able to accept my seat, because I would not have the Physio Lab done. Can anyone HELP ME!? plz!

Just go directly to the instructor; if you can't get in touch with them at their office, just show up to class and (before or after) explain your situation...most likely they will just let you add or bypass the system.

I had the sam problem with anatomy class. I didn't add the class till the 4th week in UC riverside extension. I end up missing 5 to 6 quizes, but I finally made it. You can try UC riverside, I emailed and called the professor. Try over there. You have to willing to move. I was attending both UCR and UCSD at the same time last quarter, and with interview each week I was exhausted. I finally pulled through with both A's in the class.:laugh: Try riverside and if you really was able to add the class over there I can even introduce you to a good apartment that you can least just for spring quarter. Hehe...

Goodluck:luck:

Ok.. so MAJOR PROBLEM. Does anyone know where I can take Physiology Lab only before summer starts? If I have to take Physiology Lecture in order to take the lab, that's fine, I'll suck it up, but I'm having a really hard time finding either. UCLA extension is offering 2 sections that start today, but they are FULL and the waitlists are also FULL. I am freaking out. If I were to be accepted, and not have this done, that would mean I would not be able to accept my seat, because I would not have the Physio Lab done. Can anyone HELP ME!? plz!

Don't take no for an answer! YOU gotta approach the Instructor privately AFTER class when all the students are gone. Talk to the Professor and explain your circumstance. Tell him or Her how Important it is! I know Physiology will always be highly packed with Nursing Major, BUT Don't GIVE Up and stick it OUT. They'll always be students who'll drop like FLIES after the 1st exams anyways! I am quite confident that the Instructor will sympathize and hopefully add you!

YOU can also try add Physiology at Cal State LA. Spring Quarter started Today.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate everyone taking the time to try and help. Much appreciated. I think I found an online class that is gonna save my behind. Just have to get it approved by Western before I actually enroll. But I think I should be good to go. All this - and I don't even know if Im gonna even get accepted. Crazy, crazy, crazy... :luck::xf::luck::xf::luck::xf::luck::xf:

Thanks everyone. I appreciate everyone taking the time to try and help. Much appreciated. I think I found an online class that is gonna save my behind. Just have to get it approved by Western before I actually enroll. But I think I should be good to go. All this - and I don't even know if Im gonna even get accepted. Crazy, crazy, crazy... :luck::xf::luck::xf::luck::xf::luck::xf:

I don't think pharmacy schools accept online courses but if you can get it approved by Western then I guess it's okay.

Does anyone know when Western will send out the rejection/waitlist/acceptance letters? I've been on committee hold since December and my bubble is just about to burst!!!:smuggrin:

Does anyone know when Western will send out the rejection/waitlist/acceptance letters? I've been on committee hold since December and my bubble is just about to burst!!!:smuggrin:

I'm guessing it's going to be around the same time they send out stuff for people in the March interview. So probably a few more weeks?

I believe by the end of next week is when everyone will know their final status of accept, waitlist, or reject cause I remember I got my waitlist letter during the first week of April last year.

I'm on hold as well and when I called to ask, they said they will let us know during the first 2 weeks of April! Good luck! :luck:

I got my acceptance letter via email today from Danielle! I was in the 3/19 interview!

However, I also got an acceptance email to USC. I am torn between the two. USC is an hour drive and more with traffic, but Western is 15-20 mins. Any suggestion?

Good luck to everyone else!

I got my acceptance email today too!!!!!! So excited!!!!!!!!

I got my acceptance letter via email today from Danielle! I was in the 3/19 interview!

However, I also got an acceptance email to USC. I am torn between the two. USC is an hour drive and more with traffic, but Western is 15-20 mins. Any suggestion?

Good luck to everyone else!

Definitely USC due to the education, perhaps that will overcome the crazy LA traffic for you.

Congrats btw!

Congratulations SYBRn2Rx and RXHalo! Keep them Coming! :)

Who ELSE?

Awesome. Now I think they're gonna give these acceptances 2 weeks to submit their deposit to reserve their seats, after that, things will get adjusted and more people will get pulled off the list! :)

For those who officially decided to attend Western, don't forget to join the Facebook group, it'll be ideal if we could get all 120! ;)

I got mine too. This is my first acceptance. Good luck to those who are still waiting. :)

Yiippy! The first acceptance always feels the Best! So good , that it makes you wanna read the email twice or three times to make sure you're not dreaming! :). Would this be your top choice or are you waiting for some others?

Congratulations SYBRn2Rx and RXHalo! Keep them Coming! :)

Who ELSE?

WOW. Congratulations to those who have been accepted from the 3/19 interview. This makes me depressed because I did not receive anything from Western today. Has anyone else heard? What about waitlists? Im starting to freak out now. Dammit.

Congratulation all who got acceptance to Western today. Good luck to students who are still waiting.:xf: