Western University of Health Science Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you have a better chance of getting in if you are on alternate or on hold? Which list would you rather be on?

Members don't see this ad.

There is no such thing as being on hold at this point. I don't know about last year, but the year before that, someone called and was told there were over 100 alternates waiting for the few declined spots. that's bad news!!! Good luck to all!! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I also received an alternate letter yesterday.

Do you have a better chance of getting in if you are on alternate or on hold? Which list would you rather be on?

Like someone has mentioned before, you're pretty much on alternate or rejected by now. Those who were put on hold were either given an acceptance, non-accept or alternate.

So does anyone the what the ratio was of students put on the alternate list vs. just straight rejected? What do we "alternates" do now?

So does anyone the what the ratio was of students put on the alternate list vs. just straight rejected? What do we "alternates" do now?

I talked to Michelle a few days ago. She said that last year, there were a total of 23 alternates. Out of those, 4 were given seats, but I don't believe here. I feel like there are at least 100 alternates.

I'm an alternate too, and just paid a deposit to a school I don't really want to go to.

Although some applicants were placed as an alternate, it doesn't necessarily mean that they will accept that alternate spot. I declined my spot and I'm sure others have too.

I talked to Michelle a few days ago. She said that last year, there were a total of 23 alternates. Out of those, 4 were given seats, but I don't believe here. I feel like there are at least 100 alternates.

I'm an alternate too, and just paid a deposit to a school I don't really want to go to.

only 4 were given seats?! only 4?! :eek:

i am also an alternate.. i have been waiting since December..

as of right now, i will be attending Midwestern CPG if i don't hear back from Western by mid-May..

what school did you put down a deposit for, if you don't mind me asking?

I am on alternate too, so is my close friend. But she got into UCSF, so she declined her alternate spot.

only 4 were given seats?! only 4?! :eek:

i am also an alternate.. i have been waiting since December..

as of right now, i will be attending Midwestern CPG if i don't hear back from Western by mid-May..

what school did you put down a deposit for, if you don't mind me asking?

I actually put down two deposits for UCSF and USN.

I actually put down two deposits for UCSF and USN.

WOW! Congrats on UCSF and USN! One top Ranked school and the other an accelerated program. What's the dilemma again?

Just got a letter from USC. I will decline my spot at Western. Hope one of you on the waitlist can make use of it. Western is also one of my dream schools. Good luck everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any news from the school for the people on the waiting list?

Got into WesternU!! This is my first post ever in a forum. I'm quite internet illiterate I suppose. I wanted to post on this forum but I wasn't sure how to (so do people usually just click the quick reply on the latest post?). Hopefully I will get the chance to meet more students of the class of 2015 in the next couple of months. As for people on the waitlist, hang in there. I know its been hell waiting.

Got into WesternU!! This is my first post ever in a forum. I'm quite internet illiterate I suppose. I wanted to post on this forum but I wasn't sure how to (so do people usually just click the quick reply on the latest post?). Hopefully I will get the chance to meet more students of the class of 2015 in the next couple of months. As for people on the waitlist, hang in there. I know its been hell waiting.

Congruz to your acceptance. :)

Congrats !

I have been placed on the alternate list too. I'm so upset and frustrated. This is my second time applying..... I want to scream

What is difference between alternate list and waiting list?

To me, they mean the same thing. I'm an alternate and I've been waiting! :smuggrin:

What is difference between alternate list and waiting list?

Yeah it's the same thing. There's only a difference if you're placed on hold but at this point no one should be placed on hold for Western.

I am on alternate list and i would like to know when the school will pull people from alternate list?

Western Student here... If you have any questions abt the school, feel free to PM me. :)

I am on alternate list and i would like to know when the school will pull people from alternate list?

Not sure when they start pulling, but they pull as late as Friday of orientation week... That's more of a question for an admission counselor...

I was thinking more a long the lines of questions abt my experience there, clubs, profs, organizations, housing etc... :)

Last edited:
I have blizzcon tickets if anyone is interested :)

Let me know...

I'm going to be withdrawing my spot this week. Goodluck people!!

Is there any male pharmacy students looking for a place to live? I'm looking for three other roommates at a nice townhouse. Let me know at [email protected] :thumbup:

Reminder to those who have already accepted admission to any school. Call other schools who may have offered admission and tell them that you will not be attending. This is only courteous to those on the wait list.

congrats littlenip! how did they contact you? email, phone? which interview were you in?

congrats littlenip! how did they contact you? email, phone? which interview were you in?

littlenip .. congrats! Can u please answer some of those questions. Phone or email? what were your stats?

Hey guys! I just received an email from Daniell Mendoza regarding my acceptance. I was placed on hold after my December interview and then on waitlist. I will be declining my seat so check your emails because it can go to any one of you guys! Good luck!

Hey guys! I just received an email from Daniell Mendoza regarding my acceptance. I was placed on hold after my December interview and then on waitlist. I will be declining my seat so check your emails because it can go to any one of you guys! Good luck!

thanks alot BabyBelle. good luck :)

Thanks for posting BabyBelle. How awesome was it reading that email? I can only imagine. I wonder who's next on the list. Jesus. :xf::luck:

Thanks for posting BabyBelle. How awesome was it reading that email? I can only imagine. I wonder who's next on the list. Jesus. :xf::luck:

LoL I think it would've been more awesome if I didn't already get into my top choice but it was still pretty surprising considering I didn't fill out the request to be placed on the waitlist. But then again, I didn't decline it either so I guess they assumed I still wanted to be considered. But oh well, I just sent the paper to decline my seat so hang tight everyone! :xf::luck:

LoL I think it would've been more awesome if I didn't already get into my top choice but it was still pretty surprising considering I didn't fill out the request to be placed on the waitlist. But then again, I didn't decline it either so I guess they assumed I still wanted to be considered. But oh well, I just sent the paper to decline my seat so hang tight everyone! :xf::luck:

You're going to USC right? That's my top choice. I'm waitlisted there too. No acceptances at all yet. What a living hell this is.

You're going to USC right? That's my top choice. I'm waitlisted there too. No acceptances at all yet. What a living hell this is.

Yup! I hope you get in! I don't know if there's been movement on the USC waitlist but I hope something good happens for you soon!! :xf: Good luck to you!!! :luck::luck:

It seems like WesternU didn't get the memo that I withdrew my acceptance since I just got an invitation to the white coat ceremony. I just gave them a call to clarify some things, so there should be an additional seat available for people on the wait-list! Good luck!!

I will also be giving up my spot at western! So one more open spot for all you waitlisters! Good luck!

It seems like WesternU didn't get the memo that I withdrew my acceptance since I just got an invitation to the white coat ceremony. I just gave them a call to clarify some things, so there should be an additional seat available for people on the wait-list! Good luck!!

Same; I emailed Danielle a few weeks ago about giving up my seat, though she never responded so I forgot about it. Then I get the invitation letter the other day. Maybe I should give them a call as well...

Same; I emailed Danielle a few weeks ago about giving up my seat, though she never responded so I forgot about it. Then I get the invitation letter the other day. Maybe I should give them a call as well...

Yeah, I think you should give them a call. There's a lot of wait-listers hoping to get a seat. It will be the right thing to do :thumbup:

Thank you very much for your consideration. It would be really helpful . I am one of them who is still waiting :))))

Yeah, I think you should give them a call. There's a lot of wait-listers hoping to get a seat. It will be the right thing to do :thumbup:

I also sent in my withdrawal from WesternU this week and received an email confirmation today. So good luck to everyone still waiting, there should be some more spots opening up soon!!!

I also sent in my withdrawal from WesternU this week and received an email confirmation today. So good luck to everyone still waiting, there should be some more spots opening up soon!!!

do u just send an email to withdraw? or is there a form?

If some of you don't mind, I would like to know how many got in and did NOT have a bachelors? I'm applying to this school and do not have my bachelors.