WesternU c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did some digging, she was on the alternate list per a previous comment. Wondering if she got a call or if they updated her portal though
Curious minds would like to know! ☺️

Members don't see this ad.

Oh dang, are they already starting to take students off the waitlist?? I don’t think it’s ever happened this early in the previous two years!
So I clicked on her profile to see all comments she's made and it doesn't look like she was on the waitlist for WesternU. She was either notified later or just didn't say anything on here until recently. I don't think they've taken anyone off the waitlist yet. Per the class of 2025 forum, they started taking people off the waitlist on April 21st. That changes every year tho obviously.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Oh man I don't remember the area code, but I'm pretty sure it said Pomona, CA which was why I picked up! I don't think it was posted to the student portal until a lot later, it seemed like they wanted to hear back from phone first

Honestly I'm not too sure because if you try to type in WesternU into the Direct Plus Loan application, it says "The school you selected doesn't participate in the Direct PLUS Loan application process for graduate/professional students through StudentAid.gov. Contact your school's financial aid office."

I'll contact them and get back to you on that; I do know that they will start sending out the fin aid packages in May so keep an eye out for that then!
Hey! I just heard back from financial aid and they said we don’t need to do anything else. After they have received our fasfa form, they will send us an email saying they received it. After that, we just need to wait for the disbursement.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, congrats!! We’re you on the waitlist? Or did they just get around to telling you about status? 😊
I was not on the waitlist, honestly I forgot SDN was a thing and posted late:rofl: I looked back at when everyone else received their notices and it was on par with that time frame.

• Love
Hey! I just heard back from financial aid and they said we don’t need to do anything else. After they have received our fasfa form, they will send us an email saying they received it. After that, we just need to wait for the disbursement.
Did they give a timeline as to when we will hear about financial aid award packages??

I was not on the waitlist, honestly I forgot SDN was a thing and posted late:rofl: I looked back at when everyone else received their notices and it was on par with that time frame.
Haha!!! That’s ok! Thank you for the info and congrats again 😄

Hey alternate gang! Happy April! How’s everyone feeling? This is just the beginning of what’s to come next! Let’s all get excited and anticipate great things going forward 😉☺️

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone have any knowledge on dress code?
The Facebook will be going over dress code, what to buy etc! It's not super important information to know just yet but it will be shared and discussed at a later time :)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have been trying to get in touch with someone from admissions for over a month now and I have not received a response from anyone. I've tried emailing Michel, Robin, general admissions, left voicemails and no response from anyone. I have an important question that I must know the answer to before the deadline to accept an offer and I am pretty disappointed in the lack of responsiveness from Western compared to the other universities I received offers from.
Is anyone having better luck getting in contact with faculty?

I have been trying to get in touch with someone from admissions for over a month now and I have not received a response from anyone. I've tried emailing Michel, Robin, general admissions, left voicemails and no response from anyone. I have an important question that I must know the answer to before the deadline to accept an offer and I am pretty disappointed in the lack of responsiveness from Western compared to the other universities I received offers from.
when I reached out to financial aid I was answered pretty quickly but it was through my Western email so maybe that made a difference.

I've been trying to reach out to Robin too and have also gotten no response. I don't know if something drastic is happening over there or what, but it has been a little frustrating. With that being said, for those who are waitlisted, we don't have to submit transcripts or anything yet right? I have been unable to do so and I'm assuming it's because I'm on the waitlist.

Does anybody know if it is difficult to decline our offered seats, after we’ve accepted it and paid the deposit? I have accepted my offer but will turn it down if I get pulled from a waitlist. I’m worried since the faculty has been so unresponsive

I've been trying to reach out to Robin too and have also gotten no response. I don't know if something drastic is happening over there or what, but it has been a little frustrating. With that being said, for those who are waitlisted, we don't have to submit transcripts or anything yet right? I have been unable to do so and I'm assuming it's because I'm on the waitlist.
Check you portal to see if your admissions counselor has changed. I checked mine this morning and I no longer have Michael all of a sudden. I emailed my new counselor and he was amazing. He called me within a couple of hours. Long story short, there is a shift in responsibilities/work load going on at the school right now because facility members are leaving.
As far as transcripts, I'm not waitlisted but I was told today that they expect to receive transcripts from students though June because some schools have spring semesters that end in June. So you still have time to send yours over.

• Love
Check you portal to see if your admissions counselor has changed. I checked mine this morning and I no longer have Michael all of a sudden. I emailed my new counselor and he was amazing. He called me within a couple of hours. Long story short, there is a shift in responsibilities/work load going on at the school right now because facility members are leaving.
As far as transcripts, I'm not waitlisted but I was told today that they expect to receive transcripts from students though June because some schools have spring semesters that end in June. So you still have time to send yours over.
Ah thank you for letting me know! I just checked now and my admissions counselor has also changed! I was hoping that something like this was the reason for a lack in reply. :)

Does anybody know if it is difficult to decline our offered seats, after we’ve accepted it and paid the deposit? I have accepted my offer but will turn it down if I get pulled from a waitlist. I’m worried since the faculty has been so unresponsive
Cresenta pointed out that it looks like they're having some big changes in their admissions group so that's probably the reason why they've been so unresponsive. There probably shouldn't be anymore issues though!

Previously accepted my position but was accepted at my top choice off their alternate list so I will be retracting my acceptance -- best of luck to those of you on Western's list! <3

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Previously accepted my position but was accepted at my top choice off their alternate list so I will be retracting my acceptance -- best of luck to those of you on Western's list! <3
Congratulations!!! 🎉

Yay! Congrats to you!! :)

Rejecting my seat, good luck to those on the waitlist!! Hope to see you in the field someday :)

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Does anybody know what time on the 15th the deposit has to be paid by?

Just declined my seat. Good luck everyone! ❤️

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I will be declining my seat today. Good luck you guys!

• Care
Declined my seat earlier today. Good luck to everyone waiting for a seat to open up. ☺️

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
has anyone been pulled off the waitlist yet?
Haven't heard anything yet but I just looked at a calendar of 2021 recently and it looks like they sent out the first round of acceptances to waitlisted applicants the Wednesday after Decision Day. So...it's probably coming pretty soon, if it hasn't happened yet.

That sounds about right. I heard that they sent out acceptances to waitlisted students on April 20th. So that should be tomorrow. Thanks for the info!

That sounds about right. I heard that they sent out acceptances to waitlisted students on April 20th. So that should be tomorrow. Thanks for the info!
April 20th LAST YEAR! hopefully they’ll start tomorrow! Good luck everyone! 🤞🏼

• Love
Ah yesss!! It's getting so intense!! Best of luck to everyone! Sending yall good vibes!

• Love
Did anyone received an email to confirm your alternate status??
If they’re reconfirming today does this mean we can expect to wait another day or 2 before they start sending out acceptances to waitlisted applicants so that they can narrow down their group of waitlisted people? 🥲

If they’re reconfirming today does this mean we can expect to wait another day or 2 before they start sending out acceptances to waitlisted applicants so that they can narrow down their group of waitlisted people? 🥲
That’s what I’m hoping honestly 🤞🏼

That’s what I’m hoping honestly 🤞🏼
It’ll definitely make things more efficient and hopefully the list shorter but at the same time having to wait another day or 2 lol 😫

Oof, that email sent me soaring! 😂 I hope we hear back very soon so we can begin to plan! Manifest good stuff coming!

Sooo I spoke with an advisor couple days ago and he told me that there's about 90-110 students on the waitlist this year and that last year, 30-40 students were pulled from the waitlist. Idk how accurate this is cause he sounded unsure. Also he mentioned that all students are "ranked" on the waitlist but it's disclosed. :/

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Sooo I spoke with an advisor couple days ago and he told me that there's about 90-110 students on the waitlist this year and that last year, 30-40 students were pulled from the waitlist. Idk how accurate this is cause he sounded unsure. Also he mentioned that all students are "ranked" on the waitlist but it's disclosed. :/
I wonder what he means by "ranked" because I seem to recall a couple of people either on SDN or FB or both saying that alternates usually aren't ranked but are there to replace an applicant with similar parameters/characteristics who declines the offer from WesternU. So I'm not too sure which one is correct anymore. Either way, I'm guessing they'll probably start sending out offers tomorrow or the day after!

Do you remember who gave you this information? Did this person mention how many students were on the waitlist last year?

I’m trying to remove myself but can’t find the withdrawal button and I emailed. Best of luck everyone

• Care
I wonder what he means by "ranked" because I seem to recall a couple of people either on SDN or FB or both saying that alternates usually aren't ranked but are there to replace an applicant with similar parameters/characteristics who declines the offer from WesternU. So I'm not too sure which one is correct anymore. Either way, I'm guessing they'll probably start sending out offers tomorrow or the day after!
Yea I asked him if we were replacing an applicant and he laughed and said that's not true. :oops:

• Wow
Do you remember who gave you this information? Did this person mention how many students were on the waitlist last year?
I think his name was Alberto Espejo. And no I didn't :( I should've

• Care
Yea I asked him if we were replacing an applicant and he laughed and said that's not true. :oops:
Well that’s disheartening. So what we were told is basically false advertisement? I just hope it doesn’t affect the list now

• Care
Well that’s disheartening. So what we were told is basically false advertisement? I just hope it doesn’t affect the list now
My assumption is that if we were ranked, we would be given a number. Correct me if I’m wrong but don’t other vet schools, if ranking you, also issue you a number?