WesternU c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When does everyone think that we will hear back? And do you think that an earlier interview means anything compared to the later ones? The wait is killing me

I was one of the earlier interviews last cycle, I think it was Nov 11? I got accepted but everyone heard back the same day, it was March 2 last year.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I received an interview invite on Sunday! I went to schedule the date but there is only one available and I am working all day. Has this happened to anyone else? Do I contact the admissions or wait for other days to open up?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I received an interview invite on Sunday! I went to schedule the date but there is only one available and I am working all day. Has this happened to anyone else? Do I contact the admissions or wait for other days to open up?
I would contact admissions and see if they can reschedule a date for you or add you to the next wave of interviews. I think for every round of invites there are select dates to choose from. I remember being able to only choose 3 days within the same week. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I would also contact your workplace just in case though and see if it's possible for you to switch days for work if you're able to. There shouldn't be any issues with you switching dates, but I'm more worried about whether or not you will be able to reach them since it's quite hard to get in touch with them.

• Care
I would also contact your workplace just in case though and see if it's possible for you to switch days for work if you're able to. There shouldn't be any issues with you switching dates, but I'm more worried about whether or not you will be able to reach them since it's quite hard to get in touch with them.
Very good point.

I still haven’t heard anything, I’m started to get a bit worried based on how this cycle has been going for me

has anyone sent their transcripts and are still waiting for the portal to update? (ie completed prereqs)?

I can confirm this situation regarding admissions. I have emailed and called for the last 3 weeks and have received no response. I was asking about my portal being updated as I had sent official transcripts electronically but no one answers their phones nor responds to their emails. It seems like a safe bet to ask your job for accommodation for your interview 🙂

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone interviewed and been rejected ? I’m so nervous my interview is this week !

• Hmm
Has anyone interviewed and been rejected ? I’m so nervous my interview is this week !
Correct me if I’m wrong, forum, but I believe that after an interview you are either accepted or waitlisted. Last cycle I was waitlisted. This year, nothing yet.

Correct me if I’m wrong, forum, but I believe that after an interview you are either accepted or waitlisted. Last cycle I was waitlisted. This year, nothing yet.
Do you know if the waitlist moves a lot? I figured that the waitlist is not ranked.

Do you know if the waitlist moves a lot? I figured that the waitlist is not ranked.
Based on past years, I haven’t noticed a trend. Some years it moved a lot and other years it hardly budged 😕 just depends on the cycle, unfortunately. I’ve learned that the only trend is that there isn’t any trend.

Does anyone know if we can still take a virtual lab? It’s slim pickings at my local CC for orgo 2 and of course I’ve called and emailed admissions about this..

I had a friend who applied to Western twice, got an interview both times and was not accepted or waitlisted. This was applications for c/o 2023 and c/o 2024 so I can’t guarantee it’s the same but I can at least tell you it hasn’t always been that way.

• Care
I had a friend who applied to Western twice, got an interview both times and was not accepted or waitlisted. This was applications for c/o 2023 and c/o 2024 so I can’t guarantee it’s the same but I can at least tell you it hasn’t always been that way.
Interesting! Was she given a rejection letter?

Just to make sure (I am psyching myself out lol).. My interview in the email says 2:40 PST.. I am in EST so that would be 5:40 PM. On my portal it just says 2:40PM. Everyone has used California time for their interviews I am assuming right?? 😅😅😅

Just to make sure (I am psyching myself out lol).. My interview in the email says 2:40 PST.. I am in EST so that would be 5:40 PM. On my portal it just says 2:40PM. Everyone has used California time for their interviews I am assuming right?? 😅😅😅
Yes! They use pacific time!

Thank you for such a quick answer! I am getting so nervous as it comes closer to the time 🥴
Lol if it makes you fell better
Two hours before mine last week my dog decided to tear up a box of Claritin-D
Guess who had to be rushed to the animal hospital? 🙃

Thank you for such a quick answer! I am getting so nervous as it comes closer to the time 🥴
You got this though! It was pretty low stress. Look over the questions on SDN and think of scenarios, you’ll do great

Lol if it makes you fell better
Two hours before mine last week my dog decided to tear up a box of Claritin-D
Guess who had to be rushed to the animal hospital? 🙃
You're kidding 😂 Hope your dog is feeling better now !
& Thank you!! I reviewed the questions on SDN and feeling pretty confident with my experiences/answers. Fingers crossed all goes well 😊

• Care
You're kidding 😂 Hope your dog is feeling better now !
& Thank you!! I reviewed the questions on SDN and feeling pretty confident with my experiences/answers. Fingers crossed all goes well 😊
Hahaha I wish I was! She was fine, she probably didn’t get any but apparently 2 tablets of pseudoephedrine is lethal for a 40lb dog so I didn’t want to gamble with that 🤷🏻‍♀😅

Interesting! Was she given a rejection letter?
I double checked with her (she’s attending vet school in Glasgow) and she said yes though when she tried to check the emails for when they were sent she couldn’t find them. We’re suspecting she got notified of rejection via the applicant portal.

i hate how western is sending decisions at once😭 why can’t they do it after each set of interviews ughh

i hate how western is sending decisions at once😭 why can’t they do it after each set of interviews ughh
It kind of makes sense. They are trying to get a good scope of all of the students after interviews. They give you an interview quality score and based off of that they make their decision. Usually they offer like 500 interviews and of those 500 only 112-119 get offered admission. They can only offer so many spots.

So far I only got the 24th to choose from on the interview scheduler. Will it release more date in beginning of next week?

I just got my interview invite this afternoon, don't give up yet!! I'm so happy

• Care
I just got my interview invite this afternoon, don't give up yet!! I'm so happy
Omg you and I have been applying for the same amount of time! 🙀 I hope this is your year!!

• Care
where is everyone seeing transcripts to upload on the portal? my checklist only says references 1, 2 and 3 and “CAS application”

• Care
where is everyone seeing transcripts to upload on the portal? my checklist only says references 1, 2 and 3 and “CAS application”

Attachments

• D2247C43-0E98-4221-91DB-BF4DE4A04749.png
    D2247C43-0E98-4221-91DB-BF4DE4A04749.png
    296.7 KB · Views: 88
Usually the first week of March! Crossing my fingers for you! 😉
Thank you!!! I wish it wasn't so close to the April 15 deadline :( Western is my top school but I got into my second top and it'd be so much less stressful if I could know if I got accepted or denied for Western lol

• Care
my transcript and degree posted as received! I did email them about it 1/15 but never heard back and it updated yesterday (1/19). I interviewed in December and I am really hoping i get accepted in March (or whenever), it’s so hard to know what to expect. I felt like the interview went really well but time will tell us i guess

I submitted my transcript about 10 days ago and the portal just updated
You ordered your transcripts from which service? I ordered my official ones and had them sent to admissions but that was 3 weeks ago. They never got updated on my portal 😕 I didn’t see an option to have them sent directly to the vet school.

Thank you!!! I wish it wasn't so close to the April 15 deadline :( Western is my top school but I got into my second top and it'd be so much less stressful if I could know if I got accepted or denied for Western lol
You’re welcome!! 🤓 the stretch between interviews and March is sooo long and stressful but we are almost there! I have a feeling you’ll have enough time to make a decision 😊

You’re welcome!! 🤓 the stretch between interviews and March is sooo long and stressful but we are almost there! I have a feeling you’ll have enough time to make a decision 😊
Thank you!!! I seriously hope so 😅😅 I’m already talking to alumni and stuff for that school to kinda pre decide if I get in lol

• Love
You ordered your transcripts from which service? I ordered my official ones and had them sent to admissions but that was 3 weeks ago. They never got updated on my portal 😕 I didn’t see an option to have them sent directly to the vet school.
quick question, why people keep sending the transcript to them but the committee does not request for? Aren't we just supposed to wait for further notice? Or is there any notification asking you to submit the transcript, which I did not receive ? I asked this question probably a month ago but never really get the answer. Is there an advantage by sending the transcript without the notice?