WesternU College of Dental Medicine Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Accepted, in Midwest 10:30 CST

Reactions: 1 users
Hello Everybody!

Forum moderator here. I wanted to wish you all good luck today! No matter what happens, remember that we are only half way through the application cycle. More importantly, one phone call, or lack thereof, will not verify your worth. You verify your worth everyday by working hard and chasing your dreams. Whatever happens, keep being passionate about what you do, and keep smiling. Much love to you all and I will be here for you if you need to talk.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Everybody!

Forum moderator here. I wanted to wish you all good luck today! No matter what happens, remember that we are only half way through the application cycle. More importantly, one phone call, or lack thereof, will not verify your worth. You verify your worth everyday by working hard and chasing your dreams. Whatever happens, keep being passionate about what you do, and keep smiling. Much love to you all and I will be here for you if you need to talk.
Hi! Thank you so much for the encouragement! Do we still have a chance to hear back tomorrow if we don't today?

Got a call at 11:30 am pacific! (cali resident)

• Love
Hi! Thank you so much for the encouragement! Do we still have a chance to hear back tomorrow if we don't today?
Hello! Sorry… I can’t really say since I’m helping with admissions. I can say there are still interviews going on in the following months though!

Reactions: 1 user
Have they told you when they will send out an official decision email? I am quiet worried because I'm international and what if they couldn't reach me by phone call :(
Dr Lazarchick called me and said the email is expected at 4pm pacific time

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi All!

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted! And to those of you who haven't heard yet, don't lose hope, many of my classmates interviewed and heard back post December and even closer to the summer about acceptances, there is still a long way to go!

I am a current D1 at Western and wanted to share the link to the facebook page for your class in case you're interested in joining! Feel free to post any questions, comments or concerns! The Class of 2025 is super excited to welcome you all and get to know you :)

Any updates? I had a pre-December interview and haven’t heard back yet 😞

Hi, everyone! And congrats to everyone who received an acceptance last week! I am a current D2 at Western and just wanted to hop on and give some encouragement to those waiting to hear back. I know that the wait is extremely stressful and difficult to endure. I just wanted to provide some insight by providing a general timeline. At this point in time, students who were accepted last week will have 30 days to make a decision and place a deposit. Once that deadline passes, they will likely be making more acceptance calls as they will have a better idea of how many seats are left (after acceptees place a deposit). Be encouraged and remain patient! Unless/until you hear a "no", you are still being considered. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi Everyone, congrats on those who have received an acceptance or multiple acceptances! Be proud of your accomplishments and what it took you to get to this point in your life. For those still waiting to hear back, it's not over until it's over. Stay positive and keep going! I wanted to pop in and mention a few things to consider before deciding on which dental school to go to. One big factor is the type of curriculum that the school offers. WesternU is very different than basically most other schools in the nation. IMO the closest I would say is USC or LECOM with their PBL system--- I feel like WesternU has transitioned over to more case-based than traditional lectures, where most didactics are traditional lectures and clinical dentistry is low-key PBL without officially being called PBL. if someone says they don't think westernu is PBL, they don't know what PBL really is. I'm going to insert part of a previous post from a question I answered about the curriculum. I had no idea how different the curriculum actually was than what I originally thought. I was told that there was an online class... this is just wrong. It is definitely more than an online class, and I would even say that it is the closest to an online dental school as you can get with their online clinical science curriculum (even before COVID happened). oral path is online--- so if you want to specialize and you think you can do this course online with no lectures--- then i am rooting for you. Learning didactics online is totally different than learning clinical dentistry online, especially if it is the foundational clinical concepts that your career is banking on. IMHO I would have chosen a different school had I known that this is their curriculum today. They changed their curriculum 5 years ago (at the time of this posting). I hope it brings clarity to your decision if it helps. Happy Holidays!

excerpt from previous post:

i want you all to make informed decisions about the school that you are about to drop 500k on (650k with interest!) the best advice i can give is know how you learn. this will help determine whether or not westernU is the dental school for you. if you need lectures to learn as your primary mode of learning, then westernU is not for you. if you enjoy self-studying from an online textbook/platform and teaching yourself dentistry (via videos or learning from outside sources), then westernU will be a great fit.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Western U recounts sgpa and agpa? Or do they stick with whatever AADSAS considers?

Does anyone know when they will start sending post-December interview invitation?

Just received an interview invite today!

Interview #2
School: WesternU
Notification date: 1/10
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7
Application complete date: 7/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.0, post bacc: 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/22/23/none
Dates available: have not checked yet :/ (will update when I can!)

Last edited:
Interview #2
School: ASDOH
Notification date: 1/10
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7
Application complete date: 7/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.0, post bacc: 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/22/23/none
Dates available: have not checked yet :/ (will update when I can!)
Is this for westernU or addoh?

Got another "App is still with the committee and is still under review" email this morning. Just letting everyone to stay updated!

Got another "App is still with the committee and is still under review" email this morning. Just letting everyone to stay updated!
Thank you! I got it too. This is so frustrating tho :( like why is this taking FOREVER

I haven't been receiving any emails regarding application status from WesternU; does this mean I've been rejected?

I been getting it once a month. You have never gotten it? Did you apply recently?
i turned in my app (including secondaries) in october and in mid december they sent me an email saying my app was processed and sent to the admissions committee. i haven't heard anything since

i turned in my app (including secondaries) in october and in mid december they sent me an email saying my app was processed and sent to the admissions committee. i haven't heard anything since

Well the last interview session is in February according to Jemini. So we'll know soon enough even if they don't formally give us a rejection.

When is your interview if you don’t mind me asking? Thank you!
Hey no worries! My interview is Feb. 4, however I also saw another open date when I was choosing my spot, and it was Feb. 24.

Hey no worries! My interview is Feb. 4, however I also saw another open date when I was choosing my spot, and it was Feb. 24.
Do you know if Feb 24 is the last day? I heard in my interview preDec they said they would have 2-3 post dec interview.

Do you know if Feb 24 is the last day? I heard in my interview preDec they said they would have 2-3 post dec interview.
I’m assuming it would be the last day, because when I looked further into the March calendar I couldn’t see any other available dates.

I’m assuming it would be the last day, because when I looked further into the March calendar I couldn’t see any other available dates.
Gotcha! Thank you. All the best to your interview day!

Does anyone know when they will send out post December interview acceptances?

Has anyone who interviewed in December gotten waitlisted or anything?