WesternU College of Dental Medicine Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

SmilesForYoo

Dentist
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year's thread: ***The Official WesternU Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Hey everyone! WesternU is a community filled with compassionate, resilient, and professional dental students! I am personally involved with pre-dental outreach and advocacy! If there is anything that I could do to make your application cycle go smoother, please let me know!

Good luck everyone!

Link to interview prep: Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone been able to get a response from Raquel or any of the other admissions people? I emailed them several times over the past few weeks but haven't gotten any replies.

Has anyone been able to get a response from Raquel or any of the other admissions people? I emailed them several times over the past few weeks but haven't gotten any replies.
Last cycle, I emailed several times and never got a response. I did call and leave a message with my advisor and she returned my call within a day.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last cycle, I emailed several times and never got a response. I did call and leave a message with my advisor and she returned my call within a day.
I will try that then. Really not a good look for a school to ignore student emails imo.

I will try that then. Really not a good look for a school to ignore student emails imo.
I think you need to include your reference number in the email. This can be found on their portal. If this helps, let me know because I didn't do this last cycle.

I think you need to include your reference number in the email. This can be found on their portal. If this helps, let me know because I didn't do this last cycle.
Lol I haven't even applied yet so I don't have a reference number necessarily. I am trying to decide if I should apply here and that's why I wanted to contact them in the first place.

Best to call the admissions office rather than email during this time of year. The admissions office for every school gets inundated with emails in the earlier and later stages of the cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
After a month of my app being submitted, I received an email yesterday from their admissions office that my app has been processed and will be looked at.

Hello! I received an invitation to attend an in-person tour. Did anyone else receive the same email? Do you guys think it helps with the application process? :unsure: I applied to the school about a month ago, and I don't know if this is a good sign or what

Hello! I received an invitation to attend an in-person tour. Did anyone else receive the same email? Do you guys think it helps with the application process? :unsure: I applied to the school about a month ago, and I don't know if this is a good sign or what
I just got it as well. I'm assuming they send it to all their applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone still have "None" under their Western status on AADSAS? I already received the "app is complete and under review" email but just wondering if anyone else has this status on AADSAS as well. Thanks!

Does anyone still have "None" under their Western status on AADSAS? I already received the "app is complete and under review" email but just wondering if anyone else has this status on AADSAS as well. Thanks!
I'm in the same boat! I don't think you need to worry since WesternU confirmed your app is under review.

Anyone able to get ahold of the admissions department? I received email saying my application was incomplete and that they are still waiting on a reference, but all my references have been received via ADEA AADSAS portal since July?

Anyone able to get ahold of the admissions department? I received email saying my application was incomplete and that they are still waiting on a reference, but all my references have been received via ADEA AADSAS portal since July?
was it on official letterhead? they said they’re strict on that. i would email them

was it on official letterhead? they said they’re strict on that. i would email them
I believe so, I emailed them awhile ago and still haven’t heard anything back? I included my reference number as well. Is there another way confirm if it’s on official letterhead?

I believe so, I emailed them awhile ago and still haven’t heard anything back? I included my reference number as well. Is there another way confirm if it’s on official letterhead?
did u use interfolio? it’ll tell you, if not you can ask the person who wrote the letter for you if they used a letterhead

omg SAME idk why

did u use interfolio? it’ll tell you, if not you can ask the person who wrote the letter for you if they used a letterhead
I did not use interfolio, but did confirm it was on official letterhead. So not sure what’s going on?

Interview #5
School: WesternU
Notification date: 9/2
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/17
Application complete date: 6/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.65, 3.69
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/22/21/No
Dates available: Sept 17th and Oct 1st
Method of interview: Virtual

Last edited:
Interview #3
School: westernu
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Application complete date: 7/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.40, 3.40
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/22/19/ no
Dates available: sept 17 oct 1

Interview #3
School: westernu
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
GPA (science, overall): 3.40, 3.40
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/22/19/ no
Dates available: sept 17 oct 1
Did they give you the option to choose from virtual or in-person? Or did they just switch to the virtual interviews?

Interview #5
School: Western U
Method of notification: email
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/4
Application complete date: 6/21
GPA (science, overall): 3.70, 3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/27, no
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/17 or 8/1

I got an email the other day saying that my application is still with the Committee and to call with any questions. Anyone else get this?

am I the only one not getting the emails that say that my application is still with the committee?

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #1
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/07
Application complete date: 07/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.3, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/No
Dates available: Sept 17th only

Last edited:
I went on the tour yesterday they said first interviews should be sent out within the next week. They also said there's 8 waves of interviews. First day they send out acceptances is December 5th and the last day they send them out if February 25th.

Reactions: 5 users
I went on the tour yesterday they said first interviews should be sent out within the next week. They also said there's 8 waves of interviews. First day they send out acceptances is December 5th and the last day they send them out if February 25th.
they already sent out a first wave of interviews. do you mean they'll send out a second wave next week??

Reactions: 1 users
received an email with instructions for supplemental saying "Should you be selected for interview, we will contact you via email by late August to schedule an interview date in September." Is it even worth it filling out the supplemental?

Interview #5
Notification Date: Checked Portal
Method of notification: Portal
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/25
Application complete date: 08/12
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/27/21/20/No
Dates available: 10/08 or 10/15

Interview #5
Notification Date: Checked Portal
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/25
Application complete date: 08/12
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/27/21/20/No
Dates available: 10/08 or 10/15
Congrats! I was wondering, did you mean the Western U secondary portal or AADSAS portal?

Interview #2
Notification date: Checked portal
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/30
GPA (science, overall): 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/25/21/none
Dates available: 10/8 or 10/15

Interview #3
Notification date: 9/21
Residency: Canadian
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/6
Application complete date: -
GPA (science, overall): 3.63, 3.64
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/21/22/No
Dates available: Oct 8th/15th
Method of interview: virtual

Interview #1
Residency: OOS (international)
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/19
Application complete date: 08/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.84, 3.83
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/21/21/no
Dates available: Oct 8th and 15th (8th is full by now)

It states in the email that the interview will take 5 hours (including Q&A and presentations), and I wonder if this is a normal length for other schools?
Thats like 11pm-3am in my timezone, afraid I will fall asleep :sleep:

Interview #2
Residency: In state (CA)
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/05
Application complete date: 08/31
GPA (science, overall): 3.65, 3.75
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/24/19/20/No
Dates available: Oct 15

I completed my application (including the supplemental) in August and today I received an email saying that my application is processed and sent to the Dental Medicine Admissions Committee for review. And then upon checking my WesternU application portal, I realized that my supplemental material was received by the school on Sept 24. Is this all normal? does it take 2 months for the admissions office to process our application?

I completed my application (including the supplemental) in August and today I received an email saying that my application is processed and sent to the Dental Medicine Admissions Committee for review. And then upon checking my WesternU application portal, I realized that my supplemental material was received by the school on Sept 24. Is this all normal? does it take 2 months for the admissions office to process our application?
yes it took mine a while as well