WesternU MSMS 2019/2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called them earlier today and they said they going to start sending out invites this week for Feburary date

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope its early in the week so people out of state have more time to setup their traveling itinerary

Reactions: 1 user
I hope its early in the week so people out of state have more time to setup their traveling itinerary
seriously tho, I was just looking at flight tickets...and them prices lookin rough. Hindsight I should of bought a ticket months ago just in case and got that flight insurance

Glad I've already secured an SMP with KCU so I don't need to worry about WesternU anymore even though it's only 10 minutes away from home haha. Don't need to worry about getting into a program in the Fall.

Glad I've already secured an SMP with KCU so I don't need to worry about WesternU anymore even though it's only 10 minutes away from home haha. Don't need to worry about getting into a program in the Fall.
Admission for KCU said my MCAT was too low to bother applying :(

I think WesternU mcat average is even higher than KCU
I was thinking the same at first until I saw the competitive applicant averages for westernu, I wasnt too much below it the admission people said it was cool, but KCU literally was like **** nawww

I was thinking the same at first until I saw the competitive applicant averages for westernu, I wasnt too much below it the admission people said it was cool, but KCU literally was like **** nawww

lol I wish you luck my stats aren't that high either but luckily KCU gave me a chance anyways. Did you applied to KCU already and got rejected? I doubt I even have a chance at getting into WesternU's program lol

I called them earlier today and they said they going to start sending out invites this week for Feburary date

Thanks so much for the update.. Hoping and crossing my fingers to hear back from them soon within the next few days, and I wish you all best of luck! :)

My MCAT score is also def. below the average, so you guys are not alone! Remember that averages mean that half of the admitted are above, but the other half is below so they must accept people with lower MCAT scores than what is written on their "competitive applicant" page!!

Thanks so much for the update.. Hoping and crossing my fingers to hear back from them soon within the next few days, and I wish you all best of luck! :)

My MCAT score is also def. below the average, so you guys are not alone! Remember that averages mean that half of the admitted are above, but the other half is below so they must accept people with lower MCAT scores than what is written on their "competitive applicant" page!!
No problem!!

you made a really good point there! Theres still hope!!

Do they normally call or email? I’m at work constantly checking my phone every time I think it vibrates

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they normally call or email? I’m at work constantly checking my phone every time I think it vibrates
I called them today[this time spoke to a different person] she said she felt so bad for out of state applicants because they been running late AF. They have been processing applications in order of completion, and will send out interviews by tomorrow or Saturday. She said we can check for status update on application for interview invite

Yea..GL to applicants from out of state lol.
I called them today[this time spoke to a different person] she said she felt so bad for out of state applicants because they been running late AF. They have been processing applications in order of completion, and will send out interviews by tomorrow or Saturday. She said we can check for status update on application for interview invite

Yea R.I.P. out of state applicants wallet. Last minute plane ticket and hotel fee will be painful.

Check your emails guys! I just got one!!!! :D

Reactions: 4 users
Check your emails guys! I just got one!!!! :D

OMG, an interview invite?!!!! CONGRATS !!!!!!!! :happy::happy::happy: First one we hear of this application cycle!!

Lol, the only email I received from Western so far today was about Preview Day (again)... :smack:

Just received an email about a status update, and unfortunately I also got rejected :(

Just wanted to wish you @djay_93 best of luck on your interview, and wish you all best of luck on this, and beyond!

Pretty depressing. Definitely not what I wanted to hear. I'm not even sure why I got it.

Just received an email about a status update, and unfortunately I also got rejected :(

Just wanted to wish you @djay_93 best of luck on your interview, and wish you all best of luck on this, and beyond!

Super sorry to hear :-(

Now I'm super nervous. Haven't heard back anything yet. If you don't mind could you also tell me when you submitted your application? I wonder if they are done emailing applicants for tonight.

Pretty depressing. Definitely not what I wanted to hear. I'm not even sure why I got it.

I am not sure how they choose everything either :( .. although my MCAT score is a bit below their average, my GPA surpasses their average.. also my personal statement clearly states their mission and vision, and it fits mine perfectly as I have a passion for serving the underserved population, since I, myself, grew up in one my entire life!

If I had to guess, then I would assume it was my MCAT score, because everything else fitted what they were looking for... that one really hurt because I am from SoCal and have a passion to continue serving this population once I become a physician :(

Anyhow, best of luck to the rest of you!

Super sorry to hear :-(

Now I'm super nervous. Haven't heard back anything yet. If you don't mind could you also tell me when you submitted your application? I wonder if they are done emailing applicants for tonight.

I submitted mine before @djay_93 from what I remember because I answered some of his questions that he had earlier on... I submitted my app on 11/28... So, I really don't think it's by submission date as long as you submitted relatively early to be honest. Good luck, don't be nervous.. no news is good news!

I submitted mine before @djay_93 from what I remember because I answered some of his questions that he had earlier on... I submitted my app on 11/28... So, I really don't think it's by submission date as long as you submitted relatively early to be honest. Good luck, don't be nervous.. no news is good news!

Thank you for the feedback! Yeah I submitted mine earlier then that as well.

Okay I shall keep my head up. Thanks again & once again sorry about the news. Wishing you the best.

Hey guys, I just got an interview invite via email as well! Submitted on 11/21/18 and all my materials were received and verified about a week after. Good luck everyone!!

and for those that are interested in the underserved communities and are in CA, it's still early for the UC Consortium!

Reactions: 3 users
You guys can still apply to their MSBS program, though I don’t know the program’s success in putting its student med school. Hopefully some former MSBS can comment or provide some feed back.

I got an interview as well!! Submitted all my information around 12/2/18 and now my interview is scheduled on 2/16/19. Although one week is a little short to prep for an interview. They're still going through applicants so no news is good news!

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations! If you dont mind me asking when did you submit your application?
I forgot the exact date but I took my DAT December 11th and then applied sometime in the following week.

I got an interview as well!! Submitted all my information around 12/2/18 and now my interview is scheduled on 2/16/19. Although one week is a little short to prep for an interview. They're still going through applicants so no news is good news!
Congrats! Look forward to meeting you on the 16th

Hey guys, I just got an interview invite via email as well! Submitted on 11/21/18 and all my materials were received and verified about a week after. Good luck everyone!!

and for those that are interested in the underserved communities and are in CA, it's still early for the UC Consortium!
Congrats! :D

Wow I really hate to hear that! Don’t give up on your goal tho. You’ll find another avenue and from reading your last post I know without a shadow of a doubt that you WILL be a great physician!

Wow I really hate to hear that! Don’t give up on your goal tho. You’ll find another avenue and from reading your last post I know without a shadow of a doubt that you WILL be a great physician!

Thank you so much for the warm encouragement! I will keep fighting no doubt!!

Congrats everyone on your interview invites, you will all do great!

Just got the email! One week to prepare :) Looking forward to meeting you guys next week.

Reactions: 3 users
Ughh I wonder how close to the interview date they continue to send invites

I got my invite Thursday after 5PM. I am out of state, so I'm shocked I got picked for the first round!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats guys! Current student here. Super excited to meet you all tomorrow morning :)

Good afternoon everyone! The name's Ed. I was just wondering if anyone who had an interview today could give some insight on what they were expecting vs what they got? I'm sure there's some confidentiality when it comes to this so feel free to be as vague or as specific as possible! Thank you!

Also, what did those of you that had interviews today think about the campus? Wishing the best for everyone!

For your PS, I was wondering if you guys tweaked the AMCAS prompt to fit it, or did you write a completely different statement for MSMS?

For your PS, I was wondering if you guys tweaked the AMCAS prompt to fit it, or did you write a completely different statement for MSMS?
I didn't apply to AMCAS, but I think i remember hearing it's a similar prompt. The only difference of course would be regarding how you fit into the MSMS mission statement.

Ughh I wonder how close to the interview date they continue to send invites

They can send interview dates as late as the week of. No news is still good news all the way up to the last scheduled interview day, so don't give up hope!

[MSMS Alum]

They can send interview dates as late as the week of. No news is still good news all the way up to the last scheduled interview day, so don't give up hope!

[MSMS Alum]
Thanks! I shall not, fingers stay crossed!

Good afternoon everyone! The name's Ed. I was just wondering if anyone who had an interview today could give some insight on what they were expecting vs what they got? I'm sure there's some confidentiality when it comes to this so feel free to be as vague or as specific as possible! Thank you!
Mind sharing how interview day went?
It went well, everyone was very nice! They dean gives a small introduction in the beginning and they break you up into groups, you get a tour of the school, then you do your interview, have lunch and it’s over :D

It went well, everyone was very nice! They dean gives a small introduction in the beginning and they break you up into groups, you get a tour of the school, then you do your interview, have lunch and it’s over :D
Awesome! Thank you for the info! Hoping to receive an interview soon. Fingers crossed