WesternU MSMS 2019/2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It went well, everyone was very nice! They dean gives a small introduction in the beginning and they break you up into groups, you get a tour of the school, then you do your interview, have lunch and it’s over :D
When you submitted your application, did you get any notification that your application was under review?

Members don't see this ad.

When you submitted your application, did you get any notification that your application was under review?

No, once you submit everything it will just show check marks next to items needed to be completed. We didn't get any notification stating if our application was complete or under review.

No, once you submit everything it will just show check marks next to items needed to be completed. We didn't get any notification stating if our application was complete or under review.
Thank you for the info!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview invite for March 23! Finished my application October 22nd, 2018.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an interview invite for March 23! Finished my application October 22nd, 2018.
That's wonderful news! Congratulations!!! They are starting early with the 2nd round of invites this year.

Reactions: 1 user
It’s been 2 weeks since the first set of interviews. Has anyone heard anything back regarding an acceptance?

I submitted my app a little over a week ago. When I check the application status through the confirmation email it shows awaiting application fee and I cant see my application proof, it doesn't load. But when I go into my application from the western application site it says the application fee is good to go. But awaiting verification of science professor and awaiting MCAT. I'm assuming they're processing it still and emailed them but just wondering how long it took for things to be verified.

It took six days for my MCAT to be verified and I’m still waiting on a science prof verification as well. It’s been quite some time, like two weeks.

yeah havent heard any admission decisions yet, almost coming up on 3 weeks now...

Reactions: 2 users
Hello everyone, coming into the thread a little late. I went to the Feb 16th interview, but no word yet on a decision. Does anyone know how long they normally take after the interview to contact us with an decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone, coming into the thread a little late. I went to the Feb 16th interview, but no word yet on a decision. Does anyone know how long they normally take after the interview to contact us with an decision?
It’s supposed to be two weeks but one of the students there told me that one year it took 3. I guess next we’ll be our best bet since this week is almost over

Update! So I checked my email and noticed that they sent me an email yesterday telling my to check my application status, but I was never notified because for some reason my gmail flagged it as a “promotion” rather than an primary email. That being said, if you have gmail check your promotion box!

Reactions: 1 users
Update! So I checked my email and noticed that they sent me an email yesterday telling my to check my application status, but I was never notified because for some reason my gmail flagged it as a “promotion” rather than an primary email. That being said, if you have gmail check your promotion box!
You missed the most important part-please tell us you got accepted!

Oh I did!!!

I was so focused on making sure everyone checked their emails that I forgot that part lol

Congrats!! Still waiting to hear back. Checked my primary and promotions on your suggestion, but nothing yet!!

Last edited:
Congrats!! Still waiting to hear back. Checked my primary and promotions on your suggestion, but nothing yet!!
Keep an eye out! I’m thinking I might’ve gotten mine a bit quicker since I’m a predent and there weren’t that many pre-dents interviewing that day, but that’s just me assuming. Hope you get in tho!! Rooting for you!!

Update: Accepted! Good luck to everyone :) Sending positive vibes!

Reactions: 5 users
Any update for those who had interviews February 16th? Feels like I'm being left on read lol

Any update for those who had interviews February 16th? Feels like I'm being left on read lol

Haha same, I havent heard anything back either... it seems like we'll probably get an update sometime this week

I got my acceptance last week as well! Very excited :)
Good Luck to those still waiting to hear back!!! you guys got this!

Reactions: 6 users
I know they said we are not supposed to contact them after the interview but has anyone heard anything about what might be going on with our applications? Coming up on 4 weeks now since the interview...

I know they said we are not supposed to contact them after the interview but has anyone heard anything about what might be going on with our applications? Coming up on 4 weeks now since the interview...

yeah havent heard anything either... it's almost coming up on the second interview date now. maybe it has something to do with that?

For those of you getting interviews, when did you apply and how are you being notified of the interview?

For those of you getting interviews, when did you apply and how are you being notified of the interview?
I finished my app October 22, got an invite for March 23 interview, on March 4th. Notified by email, but ended up checking my application status a few hours before I got the email and where it usually says status update it had a heading that read Your Interview-we look forward to seeing you...etc

I finished my app October 22, got an invite for March 23 interview, on March 4th. Notified by email, but ended up checking my application status a few hours before I got the email and where it usually says status update it had a heading that read Your Interview-we look forward to seeing you...etc
So until then it had just said "status: submitted" ?

No word yet either. I am inclined to call, but I’m aware they made a note to say that they will contact us instead.

Has anyone else gotten an interview invite for this Saturday? I’ve heard some current students say they got there’s three days before, but I feel as though today’s probably the last day:/

Does anyone know if the interview is closed-file or open-file?

Does anyone know if the interview is closed-file or open-file?

At the last preview day they said it was closed! They also said they treat it more conversational then your traditional interview.

Reactions: 1 users