WesternU MSMS 2020/2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!!! Can I ask what your status says on your application now that you have an interview? Mine currently just says submitted.

It should say "YOUR INTERVIEW" in big font and it has a click on link to interview scheduler

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any info on the stats for linkage from this program into their DO program?

Does anyone have any info on the stats for linkage from this program into their DO program?
I'm not sure about the DO program specifically, but the outcome page of the program said that 93% of their students got into a grad program of their liking, and 7% are working in the field.

It should say "YOUR INTERVIEW" in big font and it has a click on link to interview scheduler
Hi congrats on your interview! Did you get an email to notify you to log into your application portal when you got your interview invite? :)

Hello Everyone, This is an amazing great program. Good luck to all of you who applied and those who have interviews !!!

Reactions: 6 users
Current student here. Congratulations to those of you have applied and as well those who have received an interview. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions/concerns. Good luck in your upcoming interviews.

Reactions: 3 users
Current student here. Congratulations to those of you have applied and as well those who have received an interview. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions/concerns. Good luck in your upcoming interviews.
Hey! If we haven’t gotten an email for an interview yet, does that mean we for sure are not invited for the March interview? Or is it possible that they’ll roll put more emails in the next week? Also, is it a good thing if we have not gotten any decision yet? Like maybe next interview?

Hey! If we haven’t gotten an email for an interview yet, does that mean we for sure are not invited for the March interview? Or is it possible that they’ll roll put more emails in the next week? Also, is it a good thing if we have not gotten any decision yet? Like maybe next interview?

I can only speak from my experience when I applied, I am not sure if things are different this year. Yet, I know that last year some individuals received invites a week before interview day. So, if that is the same case, then they could possible still be sending out additional invites.

Reactions: 2 users
I can only speak from my experience when I applied, I am not sure if things are different this year. Yet, I know that last year some individuals received invites a week before interview day. So, if that is the same case, then they could possible still be sending out additional invites.
Thanks so much for keeping us informed!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I am new on here and I just wanted to get more information. I sent in my application back in January and was wondering if anyone who applied at that time has heard back at all? I am also thinking about how the coronavirus will impact interviews? I know preview day was cancelled because of this I realllyyyyy just want to hear back. Is no news good news?

Hi everyone! I am new on here and I just wanted to get more information. I sent in my application back in January and was wondering if anyone who applied at that time has heard back at all? I am also thinking about how the coronavirus will impact interviews? I know preview day was cancelled because of this I realllyyyyy just want to hear back. Is no news good news?

Hello! So I started the app in Oct when it first opened then submitted it by the end of the month. However, my transcripts and LOR didn't come in until Nov. which was when my app is marked complete. I heard back from WesternU around Dec saying that the admin received and might/might not be reviewing my app at that time. Finally, I got my interview invite on 03/05/20. I'll leave the other questions to the current students :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hello! So I started the app in Oct when it first opened then submitted it by the end of the month. However, my transcripts and LOR didn't come in until Nov. which was when my app is marked complete. I heard back from WesternU around Dec saying that the admin received and might/might not be reviewing my app at that time. Finally, I got my interview invite on 03/05/20. I'll leave the other questions to the current students :)
I also started my app in Oct. and submitted in December. Everything was completed and I received a letter that my application was ready for review. Unfortunately, I haven't heard back for an interview yet but hoping for positive news that I might get a later date.

Good luck on your interview this upcoming weekend!

Any movement this week? I've been accepted to KCUCOB but I'm really hoping to get an interview/acceptance at Western. :xf:

Last edited:
So the 21st interview just got canceled. I was told they'll reschedule for most likely an online interview, at a later date. Kinda bummed but I understand why.

I applied back in December but also haven't heard back but still hoping for the best. I'm bummed for those who was invited to the March 21st interview but now all this stuff is going on. Totally understandable though.

So the 21st interview just got canceled. I was told they'll reschedule for most likely an online interview, at a later date. Kinda bummed but I understand why.
Wow - I'm sorry to hear that! Interested to see how the online interviews go.

I know that this forum has been at a standstill especially with everything going on and Western school being closed down. Just wanted to send out some positive vibes and hope everyone is doing ok or at least as best as they can be.

I know that this forum has been at a standstill especially with everything going on and Western school being closed down. Just wanted to send out some positive vibes and hope everyone is doing ok or at least as best as they can be.
Thanks. I'm still anxiously awaiting to hear about our rescheduled interview info

Did anyone that received an interview invite for March 21 get more info about their online interview?! I’m wondering if the push back from the online interviews will delay interview invites for the April interview..

Hey guys, quick question regarding the letters of recommendation. Does anyone know if we can use letters of rec that were meant for medical school for the Masters program ?

Did anyone that received an interview invite for March 21 get more info about their online interview?! I’m wondering if the push back from the online interviews will delay interview invites for the April interview..
Not yet :( I practically melted into my bed waiting for a reply. But I somewhat understand why they can't give us an answer yet. I have friends who are in their 3rd and 4th year of med/other health professions and they're struggling to place their students in rotations so I can only think that everyone is needed to help with their current students first.

Yeah i emailed them and was told that the interviews would be pushed back to the 16th or 18th of April. She said this week we would get official emails about it. But it looks like that didn't happen

Yeah i emailed them and was told that the interviews would be pushed back to the 16th or 18th of April. She said this week we would get official emails about it. But it looks like that didn't happen
Also if anyone hears anything please post an update. It's been 10 days since I was told they'd email me the new interview appointment next week. I don't want to be bugging them over and over during a pandemic haha.

Also if anyone hears anything please post an update. It's been 10 days since I was told they'd email me the new interview appointment next week. I don't want to be bugging them over and over during a pandemic haha.
Didn't get an email but checked my portal and was able to schedule the online interview. I would start checking your portals all week guys!

EDIT: scheduled for April 16th. There are slots for 4/16 and 4/18 at 8am and 11am both days. Supposed to be 2 hour long online interviews.

I noticed they updated their website to say that the deadline for MSMS is April 15 now.. Kind of interested as to why they extended it.

Didn't get an email but checked my portal and was able to schedule the online interview. I would start checking your portals all week guys!

EDIT: scheduled for April 16th. There are slots for 4/16 and 4/18 at 8am and 11am both days. Supposed to be 2 hour long online interviews.
thank you! I wonder when they will email us officially, but it's good to know early

Just saw that they updated the interview dates on the MSMS page:
  • 4/18
  • 4/20
  • 4/25

I applied back at the original deadline end of February. Is there still a chance at an interview. I’m a reapplixant and was reject post interview from the do school

Last edited:
Goodluck everyone with the upcoming interviews!

I applied back at the original deadline end of February. Is there still a chance at an interview. I’m a reapplixant and was reject post interview from the do school
As far as I know it's still possible, I haven't heard of any more waves of ii since my initial one, so I imagine there's gonna be another. Honestly email the lady it tells you to on the status page, they'll tell you what's going on and they're very nice and helpful about it.

Just an update everyone, my friend got an interview!! So don't lose hope they're still sending out emails.

Just an update everyone, my friend got an interview!! So don't lose hope they're still sending out emails.
Do you know when your friend applied and they received there interview?
Sorry asking because I applied at the end of February and wanted to see if that could be a reason for no interview invite yet

Sorry asking because I applied at the end of February and wanted to see if that could be a reason for no interview invite yet
Honestly I don't believe time of applying has a big impact on getting an ii. like I said above I would email them and politely ask for an update! I applied in November and was in the first wave of ii, along with people who had applied January / February.

Also had my interview yesterday online, actually went very well. Spoke with faculty and current students who were all incredibly welcoming and positive. The interview itself was much more relaxed and simple than I was expecting.

Honestly I don't believe time of applying has a big impact on getting an ii. like I said above I would email them and politely ask for an update! I applied in November and was in the first wave of ii, along with people who had applied January / February.

Also had my interview yesterday online, actually went very well. Spoke with faculty and current students who were all incredibly welcoming and positive. The interview itself was much more relaxed and simple than I was expecting.
I actually did email them but they were vague, just said that application is still in review and there adding one date in may for all the people that I applied till the April 15 deadline.

My friend submitted the application the day of because she was waiting on her MCAT score and she got the interview invite on Tuesday. she chose her interview date that night.

I actually did email them but they were vague, just said that application is still in review and there adding one date in may for all the people that I applied till the April 15 deadline.
Hello! I just wanted to let you know I am also waiting since I applied around the same time as you.

Just to clarify because I got a few messages. My friend submitted her application on the day of the first deadline (March 1st), she got an email saying her application was sent to reviewers march 23rd and got an interview Invite April 14th.

Does anyone know what “Reference-Science Professor Reviewed” mean on the status page? I’m confused because LOR from science professor was received. Is it the same thing?

Last edited:
Does anyone know what “Reference-Science Professor Reviewed” mean on the status page? I’m confused because LOR from science professor was received. Is it the same thing?
reviewed means that they took a look at it to confirm that its a science professors recommendation letter

First of all, congrats to everyone who has had an interview so far. I’m late to the party, but willing to help answer some questions and alleviate some pressure where I can. I’m a program alumnus who applied literally a day before the deadline and was in the first wave of interviews, so timing does not matter. That being said if you haven’t gotten your invite yet, be patient. Many of us had received notification of our interview about a week or so before the actual date.

For those of you who’ve gotten interviews already, congrats! I may be seeing some of you through zoom in the coming days! Remember to reflect on what makes your application special and unique compared to everyone else. Also, reflect on everything you’ve done up to this point to get to that interview. I’m sure it’s a lot, you should be proud, and we love to hear it!

I can answer student life questions/give advice from personal experience here, but as was said before, you need to approach admin about logistical questions. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
First of all, congrats to everyone who has had an interview so far. I’m late to the party, but willing to help answer some questions and alleviate some pressure where I can. I’m a program alumnus who applied literally a day before the deadline and was in the first wave of interviews, so timing does not matter. That being said if you haven’t gotten your invite yet, be patient. Many of us had received notification of our interview about a week or so before the actual date.

For those of you who’ve gotten interviews already, congrats! I may be seeing some of you through zoom in the coming days! Remember to reflect on what makes your application special and unique compared to everyone else. Also, reflect on everything you’ve done up to this point to get to that interview. I’m sure it’s a lot, you should be proud, and we love to hear it!

I can answer student life questions/give advice from personal experience here, but as was said before, you need to approach admin about logistical questions. Good luck everyone!

When does the program start? I believe its the first week of June but I want to make sure!

Thank you for the advice, DrCBR! Much appreciated.

Submitted by application on the original deadline of March 1st. Got my interview invite yesterday, April 17th!

Best of luck to everyone