You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WesternU MSMS 2020/2021
Started by wannabeDO2021
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Applied March 26th. got a "application is under review" on April 3rd. Got my interview email on April 20th. Good luck to everyone! Does anyone know what the 2 hour interview consists of? Seems a little long for an interview that's not a medical school interview. I have had interviews with other SMPs and they were only about 30 minutes max.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When is your interview? wondering if they added more interview dates.Applied March 26th. got a "application is under review" on April 3rd. Got my interview email on April 20th. Good luck to everyone! Does anyone know what the 2 hour interview consists of? Seems a little long for an interview that's not a medical school interview. I have had interviews with other SMPs and they were only about 30 minutes max.
Congrats on your interview! If it's this Saturday I will be seeing you there!Applied March 26th. got a "application is under review" on April 3rd. Got my interview email on April 20th. Good luck to everyone! Does anyone know what the 2 hour interview consists of? Seems a little long for an interview that's not a medical school interview. I have had interviews with other SMPs and they were only about 30 minutes max.
I’m scheduled for this Saturday 🙂 Hope to meet you then! Thank you for showing your support on this forum!!Congrats on your interview! If it's this Saturday I will be seeing you there!
Good luck to everyone this upcoming week. I interviewed on the 16th and can honestly say the staff and current students were all the most warm, welcoming people. The interview portion felt more like a conversation, and anyone stressing about it should rest assured that it will go very well. I was honestly happy and having fun during the whole two hours. I can't answer questions about specific interview questions but if you have any logistic questions or anything else, feel free to ask me here or PM me
Thanks for this info. I was wondering how they were extending the deadline but were already having interviews right after. I applied early in Feb. but still havent gotten any updates yet 🙁 I'm also a reapplicant.I actually did email them but they were vague, just said that application is still in review and there adding one date in may for all the people that I applied till the April 15 deadline.
Thanks for this info. I was wondering how they were extending the deadline but were already having interviews right after. I applied early in Feb. but still havent gotten any updates yet 🙁 I'm also a reapplicant.
I also applied early in February. Have you received any emails notifying you that your application is currently under review?
Hey I did. I got that email early march though and havent gotten any updates on anything since 🙁I also applied early in February. Have you received any emails notifying you that your application is currently under review?
Rejected
Good luck everyone!
Good luck everyone!
Last edited:
Hi everyone!
I applied back on February 29 and got the email that my app was ready for committee review on March 17 & just now got an interview invite (April 23)!
Looks like the only option for interviews is for this Saturday too!
Good luck to everyone!! See you all very soon!
I applied back on February 29 and got the email that my app was ready for committee review on March 17 & just now got an interview invite (April 23)!
Looks like the only option for interviews is for this Saturday too!
Good luck to everyone!! See you all very soon!
Baileafy
Full Member
Did you check the portal? I was also interviewed on 4/16 and got my result this Thursday.Anyone from today's interview know if they gave an idea of when you would hear back? I haven't heard back from 4/16 interview so I'm curious
Also, IRC the admin said they'll try to send out results earliest by the end of this weekend; and latest by the next weekend.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My interview was today 4/25/20. They said today was the was the last round of interviews.When is your interview? wondering if they added more interview dates.
Did my interview today and got the same vibes. It was really refreshing!Good luck to everyone this upcoming week. I interviewed on the 16th and can honestly say the staff and current students were all the most warm, welcoming people. The interview portion felt more like a conversation, and anyone stressing about it should rest assured that it will go very well. I was honestly happy and having fun during the whole two hours. I can't answer questions about specific interview questions but if you have any logistic questions or anything else, feel free to ask me here or PM me
What were your results? @Baileafy
Wait so you got your admission decision already?Did you check the portal? I was also interviewed on 4/16 and got my result this Thursday.
Also, IRC the admin said they'll try to send out results earliest by the end of this weekend; and latest by the next weekend.
Baileafy
Full Member
😉What were your results? @Baileafy
Trevorchili
New Member
Any acceptances yet?
davigi0608
New Member
Accepted about an hour ago! Interviewed 4/20
davigi0608
New Member
congratulations!Accepted just now. Interview 4/16
You too!congratulations!
congrats @neurobass and @davigi0608
Hey guys! I applied back in late February, and when I emailed them in late March about my app they said it was still under review by the committee. Does anyone know if there are going to be more interviews after April 25th? In addition, for those who received interviews, were you notified through email or was there a link in your portal for selecting an interview date?
Hey guys! I applied back in late February, and when I emailed them in late March about my app they said it was still under review by the committee. Does anyone know if there are going to be more interviews after April 25th? In addition, for those who received interviews, were you notified through email or was there a link in your portal for selecting an interview date?
Unfortunately someone above said this week was apparently the last round of interviews (but this is secondhand so don't hold me to this). You'll get an email and a link inside the portal if given an interview invite
davigi0608
New Member
thank you!congrats @neurobass and @davigi0608
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got an acceptance!!
Interviewed 4/25
Interviewed 4/25davigi0608
New Member
congrats!!!Just got an acceptance!!![]()
davigi0608
New Member
congrats!I just got an acceptance!!Interviewed 4/25
Thanks, has a Facebook group started yet?congrats!
Last edited:
Hi after speaking with a current MSMS student who offered to help us, I have started a facebook group for our class so that we may all communicate. I will post the link below! Please join so that we can all connect and also connect with the current MSM students.
Feel free to message me with any questions. I just started the group to get it going but all students will have full access to change whatever.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2299799860316214/
It was requested that I keep the group private but I'll accept everyone ASAP, or I can send you an invite.
Feel free to message me with any questions. I just started the group to get it going but all students will have full access to change whatever.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2299799860316214/
It was requested that I keep the group private but I'll accept everyone ASAP, or I can send you an invite.
Last edited:
davigi0608
New Member
congratulations!Hi everyone! I am new to SDN. I was accepted to WesternU MSMS last night! Does anyone know if there is a group page or something for this class? I’d love to meet my cohort!
Notaballer25
Full Member
just messaged you!If they give you an interview, they'll usually let you know 2 weeks before.
starbuckslvr
New Member
hey was anyone on this thread accepted from the waitlist and if so how long after you accepted your waitlist offer were you accepted officially
Nothing yethey was anyone on this thread accepted from the waitlist and if so how long after you accepted your waitlist offer were you accepted officially
I had the same problem with my science professor . All Doctors gave me a LOR rxcept science professors. These professors don’t want you succeed even if you were a good student in their class.I submitted my application in early December, but have not heard back. I am pre-dent and I got one LOR from an optometrist and one from a dentist. Currently I am having difficulties getting my third LOR from a science professor since I have left the school for over two years. One professor actually did agree to help me with that, but she stopped replying to my email and I think that means no. Do I hold any chance if I only got two LOR instead of three? Are they flexible on this? thanks in advance!
