You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WesternU MSMS Fall 2013/2014
Started by staing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
You guys! Got my acceptance email today!! Thanks @graduate2be for the encouragement when I was literaally in a fetal position and ripping my hair out! ( never had this much anxiety when I applied to undergrad.. got accepted in no time). I hope to see u all there soon!
Good luck to those waiting!
Guess we will be class mates see you in June!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep!! Have u sent in the deposit? Did they give u anymore info on exct dates or orientation or anything?Guess we will be class mates see you in June!!!!
Keep your head up; you may still get the call to come on to Pom9na.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using SDN Mobile
im on hold. Got that email today.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using SDN Mobile
Same here, I'm on hold. The email is a bit confusing though (dates were wrong).im on hold. Got that email today.
Hey when did you interview? On hold means you're not rejected. Glass half full, right?Same here, I'm on hold. The email is a bit confusing though (dates were wrong).
Just got an email from J. Smith informing me that my enrollment deposit has been recieved. The email contains a link that gived us access to the required H&P paperwork.
The email goes on to say that we should keep an eye on our Western U email account for any info about unmet requirements (as well as financial aid info). Any idea as to when we will get access to our Western U email?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using SDN Mobile
The email goes on to say that we should keep an eye on our Western U email account for any info about unmet requirements (as well as financial aid info). Any idea as to when we will get access to our Western U email?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using SDN Mobile
I'll hold you to it. 😛
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using SDN Mobile
haha thanks, if i get in, i will be giving u a big hug when i meet you 😀 @graduate2be
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using SDN Mobile
I interviewed April 13th. I'm trying to stay positive and keep busy 🙂Hey when did you interview? On hold means you're not rejected. Glass half full, right?
Hey so I got the same email, apparently you need to call Tech Support, then they will transfer you to Registrar for verification, then they will help you set up the account. The whole process is very fast - took me 5 minutes.
Also, the Registrar said we will be issued User ID for Banweb access next week for financial aid purposes. 🙂
Also, the Registrar said we will be issued User ID for Banweb access next week for financial aid purposes. 🙂
Just got an email from J. Smith informing me that my enrollment deposit has been recieved. The email contains a link that gived us access to the required H&P paperwork.
The email goes on to say that we should keep an eye on our Western U email account for any info about unmet requirements (as well as financial aid info). Any idea as to when we will get access to our Western U email?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using SDN Mobile
Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up! I did as you said and was able to get my email addy as well as my Banweb access so I can see my financial aid award.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using SDN Mobile
Hey so I got the same email, apparently you need to call Tech Support, then they will transfer you to Registrar for verification, then they will help you set up the account. The whole process is very fast - took me 5 minutes.
Also, the Registrar said we will be issued User ID for Banweb access next week for financial aid purposes. 🙂
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using SDN Mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You're welcome! I don't know why you got your Banweb access right away though they told mine would be ready next week... Oh well I'll worry about that later I guess haha. See you in June!!!
Thanks for the heads up! I did as you said and was able to get my email addy as well as my Banweb access so I can see my financial aid award.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using SDN Mobile
Have you guys created a fb page for your class?
Hey we should really create an fb page, any takers for administration?
Hey so I took the liberty to create a facebook page for our class inside WesternU group (hope you guys don't mind). You would need to join WesternU group first with your email, then look for "MSMS Class of 2014" group to add. The other option is to PM me how to look you up on facebook and I can add you in as well.
Yay! 🙂
Yay! 🙂
Oh ok cool. Graduate 2be and I were just doing it. Look forward to seeing you guys thereHey so I took the liberty to create a facebook page for our class inside WesternU group (hope you guys don't mind). You would need to join WesternU group first with your email, then look for "MSMS Class of 2014" group to add. The other option is to PM me how to look you up on facebook and I can add you in as well.
Yay! 🙂
Ok so I searched for you on the WesternU group page to no avail... Maybe try the link I PMed you?
I just made it an open group so you all should be able to add, as long as you have a westernu email address. 🙂
I just made it an open group so you all should be able to add, as long as you have a westernu email address. 🙂
Anyone know the when the first day??
Online the catalog said class started on June 4. So I'm guessing for this year its June 3rd? Anyone else got news of their status?Anyone know the when the first day??
Hey so I took the liberty to create a facebook page for our class inside WesternU group (hope you guys don't mind). You would need to join WesternU group first with your email, then look for "MSMS Class of 2014" group to add. The other option is to PM me how to look you up on facebook and I can add you in as well.
Just got my western email!!!! Yay! Trying to find the Facebook group, cannot find it. Any other way I can find the group?
What's your fb name? Pm and I can add uHey so I took the liberty to create a facebook page for our class inside WesternU group (hope you guys don't mind). You would need to join WesternU group first with your email, then look for "MSMS Class of 2014" group to add. The other option is to PM me how to look you up on facebook and I can add you in as well.
Just got my western email!!!! Yay! Trying to find the Facebook group, cannot find it. Any other way I can find the group?
Yay! I'll PM you the link to the FB group and one of us will add you in 🙂
Hey so I took the liberty to create a facebook page for our class inside WesternU group (hope you guys don't mind). You would need to join WesternU group first with your email, then look for "MSMS Class of 2014" group to add. The other option is to PM me how to look you up on facebook and I can add you in as well.
Just got my western email!!!! Yay! Trying to find the Facebook group, cannot find it. Any other way I can find the group?
Hi, have you heard anything from western yet? I'm still waiting and was on hold
I'm still waiting patiently. I spoke with Julie over the phone and she said the program starts June 3rd, and we will be notified up until June 3rd if our status changes. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed! Good luck to everyone still waiting 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
https://www.facebook.com/groups/279528395434579
If you guys have questions
If you guys have questions
Congrats! See you in a couple of weeks! 🙂
so...... i GOT IN!! WHAT THE HECK? OMG. Got the phone call today. So unexpected.
Ditto!Congrats! See you in a couple of weeks! 🙂
Aside from Diana, it looks like someone else was excepted. The class size expanded from 32 to 34.
so...... i GOT IN!! WHAT THE HECK? OMG. Got the phone call today. So unexpected.
Congrats!!! See in less than two weeks!!!!
YESS!!! CONGRATS!!! Now go get your paperwork done and I'll see you in JUNE!
Oh and join our fb group..
Oh and join our fb group..
so...... i GOT IN!! WHAT THE HECK? OMG. Got the phone call today. So unexpected.
It is very lively in the fb group 🙂
lacks the activity seen in last year's page...![]()
Got this from Monica Chavez today:
" Hi Daryl!
*
Welcome to WesternU! I completely understand your concern and I have been diligently working on getting* a schedule up on the Welcome Week website. I will have the Orientation Schedule and some important additional information regarding your first week as an "MSMSer" sent out to you all by the end of the day (fingers crossed!). I'm just waiting to hear back for some confirmations before I send it out.
*
I know even waiting a few hours for the schedule can seem like a life-time, so here is a quick rundown you can share on SDN:
*
MSMS Orientation Day- June 3rd*, check in @ Health Professions Center (HPC) by*8:00am*for student processing, breakfast & lunch provided, photos will be taken (for those who like to be photo-ready!), its all day until*5:00pm.
*
Student Services will be sending an email out with more information specific to student processing. Ill send out information specific to the MSMS program. *
*
Any additional questions? Comments? Concerns? Let me know! Im here to guide you through the program. I enjoy working with students & having fun at work, and you will see a lot of googledocs from me! =)"
" Hi Daryl!
*
Welcome to WesternU! I completely understand your concern and I have been diligently working on getting* a schedule up on the Welcome Week website. I will have the Orientation Schedule and some important additional information regarding your first week as an "MSMSer" sent out to you all by the end of the day (fingers crossed!). I'm just waiting to hear back for some confirmations before I send it out.
*
I know even waiting a few hours for the schedule can seem like a life-time, so here is a quick rundown you can share on SDN:
*
MSMS Orientation Day- June 3rd*, check in @ Health Professions Center (HPC) by*8:00am*for student processing, breakfast & lunch provided, photos will be taken (for those who like to be photo-ready!), its all day until*5:00pm.
*
Student Services will be sending an email out with more information specific to student processing. Ill send out information specific to the MSMS program. *
*
Any additional questions? Comments? Concerns? Let me know! Im here to guide you through the program. I enjoy working with students & having fun at work, and you will see a lot of googledocs from me! =)"
so...... i GOT IN!! WHAT THE HECK? OMG. Got the phone call today. So unexpected.
Today I was notified that I was accepted into the program! I am so excited! I can't wait to meet everyone 🙂
Hello!
Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I am planning to apply this winter for admission in 2014. Any advice on what I should do to prepare myself? I really want to get into this program! It sounds amazing.
For those of you who got accepted, do you mind posting your stats?
I have sgpa 3.0, overall gpa 3.2, post-bacc 3.9 (60units). Taking MCAT this summer, but averaging 26-27 on practice tests.
Thanks in advance! 🙂
Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I am planning to apply this winter for admission in 2014. Any advice on what I should do to prepare myself? I really want to get into this program! It sounds amazing.
For those of you who got accepted, do you mind posting your stats?
I have sgpa 3.0, overall gpa 3.2, post-bacc 3.9 (60units). Taking MCAT this summer, but averaging 26-27 on practice tests.
Thanks in advance! 🙂
Your stats from post bac look good. If you rock the MCAT, I think that you'll be good for DOs without having to to do an SMP.
We hsve exams tomorrow but when all is said and done. I'll be back to answer your questions. Stats: 3.19 cum, 2.97 sci. 3.87 grad school (pharmacology and public health) MCAT.
We hsve exams tomorrow but when all is said and done. I'll be back to answer your questions. Stats: 3.19 cum, 2.97 sci. 3.87 grad school (pharmacology and public health) MCAT.
Hello!
Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I am planning to apply this winter for admission in 2014. Any advice on what I should do to prepare myself? I really want to get into this program! It sounds amazing.
For those of you who got accepted, do you mind posting your stats?
I have sgpa 3.0, overall gpa 3.2, post-bacc 3.9 (60units). Taking MCAT this summer, but averaging 26-27 on practice tests.
Thanks in advance! 🙂
Thanks for the response, graduate2be. Good luck with the exams!
Hello,
Your stats for potsbacc, as graduate2be said, is amazing so I wouldnt worry too much there. I would advise you to either make an appointment with the counselors and director of the program to look over your resume/ transcripts to see if you have all the requirements, and at the same time get a feel of the WesternU environment.
If you rock the MCAT - that would be a big plus for linkage purposes.
There is also a Facebook group for questions regarding the MSMS program - you can post it there and most of us (and alumni) can answer any question you have to the best of our abilities.
Oh and ANY anatomy background would help big time when you start this program 🙂
Good luck!
Your stats for potsbacc, as graduate2be said, is amazing so I wouldnt worry too much there. I would advise you to either make an appointment with the counselors and director of the program to look over your resume/ transcripts to see if you have all the requirements, and at the same time get a feel of the WesternU environment.
If you rock the MCAT - that would be a big plus for linkage purposes.
There is also a Facebook group for questions regarding the MSMS program - you can post it there and most of us (and alumni) can answer any question you have to the best of our abilities.
Oh and ANY anatomy background would help big time when you start this program 🙂
Good luck!
Hello!
Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I am planning to apply this winter for admission in 2014. Any advice on what I should do to prepare myself? I really want to get into this program! It sounds amazing.
For those of you who got accepted, do you mind posting your stats?
I have sgpa 3.0, overall gpa 3.2, post-bacc 3.9 (60units). Taking MCAT this summer, but averaging 26-27 on practice tests.
Thanks in advance! 🙂
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Great advice! Thanks!
Are you in the program now? If so, what is your overall impression of it?
Are you in the program now? If so, what is your overall impression of it?
You're welcome!
Yes, I'm in the current MSMS class with graduate2be. It's hard to explain my impression of the program because I think it's something you have to actually be a part of to understand it. BUT, I can say that it is the over-drive version of my undergraduate study (to say the least). It gets pretty intense so far (just the amount of materials we need to cover for exams that is overwhelming). The upside is that you get very close to your classmates since we're all in this together and there's no competition going on, faculties are great and very approachable. This program is a great stepping stone to prepare you for med school or whatever health professional schools you're looking to attend.
Hope that helps! Let me know if you have other questions. 🙂
Yes, I'm in the current MSMS class with graduate2be. It's hard to explain my impression of the program because I think it's something you have to actually be a part of to understand it. BUT, I can say that it is the over-drive version of my undergraduate study (to say the least). It gets pretty intense so far (just the amount of materials we need to cover for exams that is overwhelming). The upside is that you get very close to your classmates since we're all in this together and there's no competition going on, faculties are great and very approachable. This program is a great stepping stone to prepare you for med school or whatever health professional schools you're looking to attend.
Hope that helps! Let me know if you have other questions. 🙂
