What are my chances? 3.55 sGPA cGPA 505 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Msellers

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently have a 3.65 cGPA/sGPA. However, this semester has been terrible while ive been studying for the MCAT at the same time and i expect it to go down slightly to about a 3.55. I havent taken the MCAT, yet but expect around a 505. Im a junior in the southwest (oklahoma/texas).

Im an EMT and work for a fire department and another EMS service and have about a year of experience working in that field.

I have been to Nicaragua, and Haiti (and plan to return to haiti again this summer) on medical mission trips.

I donate monthly to 2 different charities. I voluntered being a coach at the high school i graduated at for over a year. I have countless volunteer hours at a local food bank and other small mission work.

I have led a small high school boys youth group in the church for over a year and have mentored and encouraged them throughout my experience there.

I have much more volunteer/ extracurricular things but wanted to keep it brief. What are my chances at an MD school? I know I still have a chance at DO.

Members don't see this ad.

When are you taking the MCAT? Are you a Texas resident? Do you have any physician shadowing or clinical volunteering hours.

When are you taking the MCAT? Are you a Texas resident? Do you have any physician shadowing or clinical volunteering hours.
I am an Oklahoma resident. I have about 100 hours shadowing and volunteered at the medical clinics on my mission trips. I take the MCAT June 1st.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am an Oklahoma resident. I have about 100 hours shadowing and volunteered at the medical clinics on my mission trips. I take the MCAT June 1st.
I am also Native American

If your MCAT is at least 500 you will be competitive for some DO schools .For MD schools it is not possible to predict without an actual MCAT score so post your score here when available in early July.