What are my chances as an International?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sukia890

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are my chances as well as suggestions for places I might apply?

Attended a top 20 liberal arts college in the US. Undergrad GPA: 3.93. Science GPA: 3.92 MCAT: 521
Major: Theatre; History. Thesis in History of Science. Summa Cum Laude. Phi Beta Kappa.

Attending Grad school in the fall MA in History of Science from Yale.
Publications: 2 middle author (1 in Inorganic Chemistry, 1 in Law)

Employment: RA for 3 years inorganic chemistry lab; TA 2 years chemistry
Extracurriculars: Varsity athlete (div3) 3 years All American; Vice president student newspaper; President mental health club; volunteer for food bank

Summer activities:
1st year: Tagalog immersion program, Cebu
2nd year: Volunteer 8 weeks hospital
3rd year: Clinical internship Pakistan
4th year: Summer school finishing pre-reqs

Gap year: ESL teacher Pakistan

Languages: Cantonese; French; Urdu (fluent)-- Tagalog (intermediate, not great)
not an URM--half asian; half white
I wrote a play for a class once.

Concerns:
-withdrew from 3 classes sophomore spring because of eating disorder/suicide attempt and subsequent 2 month hospitalization. The classes I did finish I got B+s in and learned the material on my own while I was in hospital.
-No recommendations from employers
-didn't decide to be pre-med until junior year
-Canadian citizen not American