Quantcast

What are my chances cGPA 3.4 sGPA 3.6 MCAT 511

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOGuyy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
So, here are my stats just wondering what you all think my chances are at any Florida schools with these numbers.

cGPA 3.4
sGPA 3.6
MCAT 511

BS biochemistry (2014) & BS biology (2016)

My father and mother born in PR ad Cuba, mom immigrated to the US and had me. I can also speak spanish fluently if that counts for anything.

EC's

-Volunteering at a homehealth twice a week (2012-2013)(416 hours)

-Volunteering at 2 nursing homes (2013-2014) twice a week and am still currently doing it at only one home once a week and have been since 2014 (2014-current) (hours:1352 hours)

-Shadowed plastic surgeon (8 hours), surgical oncologist (50 hours), shadowed anesthesiologist for 3 years now once a week (1248 hours)

-2 medical mission trips attended, gained (120 hours) and (140 Hours) on both, and helped supply people in need with medications, ran vitals for patients, also built outhouses for a few families.

-Camp counselor at a camp for children with muscular dystrophy (140 hours)

-Volunteering at local soup kitchen, and also assisting in building houses for those in need (still ongoing but currently at 100 hours for both combined)

-Research currently ongoing, have presented at only one symposium so far, hopefully more soon.

-played travel ice hockey since i was 10 years old until the age of 18.

-VP of 2 large premedical organizations on campus

-Work as a tutor in all the sciences (2014-current)

So, I know this is a little bit much I just wanted to know what you all thought about my chances of getting into Florida schools. Any feedback helps, we all know this can be a stressful time for most of us. Also, I just wanted to add that during 2011-2014 I was still in high school fully dual enrolled. I took classes that weren't necessary and they sunk my cGPA. Do you think schools take these things into consideration?

Faha

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
You could receive interviews from your Florida schools so apply to all of them. Include the new NOVA MD school if it opens for 2018.

Reactions: 1 user