DO What are my chances for LECOM-B, and how can I improve them?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abtazz12

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, these are my stats:

B.S Integrative Animal Biology (2016)
Minor: Chemistry
GPA: 3.63
MCAT: 498 (second attempt); 493 first.
Volunteering: >200
Florida resident

I am also about to graduate from a medical assisting program. I did this in hopes of gaining more direct patient care experience. So far I have 160 hours (I've been doing it for 1 month).

Applied late September; filed secondary mid-October. I want to know what my chances of getting in are, and if they are not good, what I can do during the following year to improve them.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are an Ohio resident you have a good chance at that school. Chances are low at TCOM and LECOM-B due to your MCAT score. If you need to reapply next year apply in June and submit all your secondaries by July. I suggest all these schools:
ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LUCOM
UIWSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
NYIT-Arkansas
RVU-Utah
Idaho (new school)
any new schools that may open for 2019

If you are an Ohio resident you have a good chance at that school. Chances are low at TCOM and LECOM-B due to your MCAT score. If you need to reapply next year apply in June and submit all your secondaries by July. I suggest all these schools:
ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LUCOM
UIWSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
NYIT-Arkansas
RVU-Utah
Idaho (new school)
any new schools that may open for 2019

I am a FL resident, so I guess Ohio is out of the question...I have thought about re-taking the MCAT, but have read that it is supposedly frowned upon by adcoms to retake the MCAT several times. Is this true?Also, I was thinking about applying to LECOM Masters in Biomedical Sciences, since I have heard they secure an interview spot if you keep a certain GPA (although I am not sure about this rumor either)...in any case, thank you for all the recommendations!

Only retake the MCAT if you are scoring consistently above 505 on your practice tests.

Will aim towards that. How did you prep for it? My first time was terrible because I had basically memorized the Kaplan subject review books, but never took a practice test that had passage-based questions. The second one I did "better" because I took 8-hour long practice tests, but school did not allow me to keep up with the Kaplan online prep course...