This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

em_claire_

Reaction score
I will be applying to OT school this month and was hoping to get some feedback on what people who have already applied and been accepted (or not) thought of my chances. Here's some background.

Cumulative GPA: 3.44
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6 or 3.75 (depending on what the school requires for pre req's)
Last 60 hours: 3.735

I have 145 hours in 6 different settings. (pediatric, brain trauma rehab, hand therapy, acute care, inpatient rehab, skilled nursing facility).

My GRE scores are 157 on verbal, 156 on quantitative, and a 4.0 on analytical writing.

Besides my hours under an OT, I also work as an undergraduate research assistant and have done several research projects with previous professors. I have presented the research at the Association for Applied Sports Psychology Southwest Conference.
I was a college cheerleader for the first 2 years of college and spent a lot of time doing events for that.
I volunteered with my church at least once a week and went on a mission trip last year.

I don't know if any of these things will help my chances of being accepted but I just thought I would include them and I'd love to know if you all think they would.

Members don't see this ad.

I will be applying to OT school this month and was hoping to get some feedback on what people who have already applied and been accepted (or not) thought of my chances. Here's some background.

Cumulative GPA: 3.44
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6 or 3.75 (depending on what the school requires for pre req's)
Last 60 hours: 3.735

I have 145 hours in 6 different settings. (pediatric, brain trauma rehab, hand therapy, acute care, inpatient rehab, skilled nursing facility).

My GRE scores are 157 on verbal, 156 on quantitative, and a 4.0 on analytical writing.

Besides my hours under an OT, I also work as an undergraduate research assistant and have done several research projects with previous professors. I have presented the research at the Association for Applied Sports Psychology Southwest Conference.
I was a college cheerleader for the first 2 years of college and spent a lot of time doing events for that.
I volunteered with my church at least once a week and went on a mission trip last year.

I don't know if any of these things will help my chances of being accepted but I just thought I would include them and I'd love to know if you all think they would.

Absolutely. Obviously it depends on where you would like to apply as some schools are more selective but I think your stats look great. You have experience in different settings which gives you the opportunity to talk about that in interviews and your PS. GRE scores are solid!! AND you have research experience! GPA is not everything, if you write a strong personal statement you can get in! PM for any questions!

Below are my stats:
I applied to 6 schools, interviewed at 4, accepted at 4, denied at 2.
I am currently in my first semester of Grad school!

University: University of Florida
Major: Applied Physiology and Kinesiology
Overall GPA:3.24
Pre-Req GPA: 3.3
GRE: 152Q 155V 3.0W

Extra-Curric/Experiences:
Dean of Students Ambassador for 3 years
Adaptive Gymnastics Coaching Intern 660hrs
Student Assistant for Leadership Office 2 years
Research Assistant ~1 year
English Language tutor ~ 1 year

Volunteer/Shadowing: