Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all! Thanks for taking the time to read this. I'm hoping to apply to DO programs this upcoming summer, and was hoping someone could take a look at my profile to see what my chances are of getting in.
I applied to some MD programs this past cycle and unfortunately only got one deferral after one interview.
I am currently a year out from college and am working as a scribe and medical assistant. I'm a California resident and went to college in California. I double majored in college including public health, and spent 4.5 years there. I went to a pretty top university. My overall GPA is 3.67, BCPM GPA 3.45, with a major upward trend in my last year and a half in college. My BCPM GPA during my last year and a half is 3.82. While I have a good amount of clinical experience from my current jobs, I also have a lot of extracurriculars. I did a lot of volunteering with seniors and the underserved population, and do have leadership as the President of a club and coordinator of certain services. My MCAT score 510. I have some research experience.
As for LOR, I'm afraid that may be a weak point. One is from an astronomy professor, another an epidemiology professor, another humanities, and lastly from volunteering. I'm currently shadowing a DO and will likely get around 30 hours of shadowing and will be seeking a LOR from the DO.
What should my school list look like and do you think I have a good chance of getting into a DO program this summer? Thanks a bunch!
I applied to some MD programs this past cycle and unfortunately only got one deferral after one interview.
I am currently a year out from college and am working as a scribe and medical assistant. I'm a California resident and went to college in California. I double majored in college including public health, and spent 4.5 years there. I went to a pretty top university. My overall GPA is 3.67, BCPM GPA 3.45, with a major upward trend in my last year and a half in college. My BCPM GPA during my last year and a half is 3.82. While I have a good amount of clinical experience from my current jobs, I also have a lot of extracurriculars. I did a lot of volunteering with seniors and the underserved population, and do have leadership as the President of a club and coordinator of certain services. My MCAT score 510. I have some research experience.
As for LOR, I'm afraid that may be a weak point. One is from an astronomy professor, another an epidemiology professor, another humanities, and lastly from volunteering. I'm currently shadowing a DO and will likely get around 30 hours of shadowing and will be seeking a LOR from the DO.
What should my school list look like and do you think I have a good chance of getting into a DO program this summer? Thanks a bunch!