What are my chances-Texas late applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Texasdoglover

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all! I am having major anxiety about my late TEXAS application and was wondering if maybe I should retract my application and wait to apply next cycle...opinions, thoughts, ideas??

Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.75
BCPM GPA 3.71
Non-BCPM GPA: 3.78

MACT: 516
- Chemical and Physical Foundations: 128
- CARS: 130
- Bio/Biochemical Foundations: 129
-Psychology/ Sociology: 129

I have:
-solid leadership experience,
-Preformed researched for two semesters my freshmen/sophomore years
-Extensive volunteer experiences such as working at a refugee home, feeding the homeless, teaching underprivileged kids math etc... but I've never volunteered at a hospital/clinic
-Shadowing include Gastroenterology (abroad, a month every weak day 7am-4 pm), radiology (abroad, two weeks, four hours/day), Primary care physician (USA, A month 9 am- 3 pm 3 days/week)
-internship in Guatemala working with health organization (1 month at a time for two summers), included helping organize public health projects and shadowing doctors/nurses/community health workers

I also plan on shadowing at an Level 1 ER in august (planned activities) and might go back to Guatemala to perform research for the organization I've been interning with (more planned activities)

Finally, I submitted my primary application July 4th and plan on submitting my secondaries by the 10th of august.....

Thank you for the advice, bless you all 🙂