This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Girth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.3 cGPA and 3.4 sGPA, 504 MCAT, 1.5 yrs research experience with a publication, 50 hrs shadowing, 250 hrs clinical internship, 300 hrs volunteering experience, leadership role during undergrad (IFC-VP), good LoR. I'm only applying to DO schools, and I will be finishing my app soon (before oct) What are my chances of getting into DO schools and what school should I apply to, if any for this cycle? Or should I shoot for SMP?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a 3.3 cGPA and 3.4 sGPA, 504 MCAT, 1.5 yrs research experience with a publication, 50 hrs shadowing, 250 hrs clinical internship, 300 hrs volunteering experience, leadership role during undergrad (IFC-VP), good LoR. I'm only applying to DO schools, and I will be finishing my app soon (before oct) What are my chances of getting into DO schools and what school should I apply to, if any for this cycle? Or should I shoot for SMP?
You should have a good chance this cycle(A little late but still do able), just apply to newer schools.
VCOM
KYCOM
WVCOM
RVU-Utah
ACOM
LECOM
BCOM
Etc.

As always, people(Including myself) recommend against LUCOM for many reasons(you can look them up), so I can't recommend LUCOM.

Reactions: 1 user
Apply broadly and you will be good. Just avoid the state schools, midwesterns, and coastal Touros because they like higher MCATs. You have a decent shot everywhere else

Members don't see this ad :)
I have eerily similar stats to yours and you can see how my application cycle has been so far in my signature.

I have had a good cycle so far so I think you definitely have a chance. Apply smartly, and make sure you write solid essays.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Chances are fine!!!

I would change your profile picture, if that picture is really of you. Better to be safe then sorry, that is my OPINION ONLY.

Reactions: 1 users
I would change your profile picture, if that picture is really of you. Better to be safe then sorry, that is my OPINION ONLY.

Too late, I already found out where he lives and murdered his family

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users