This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScaredLittlePremed

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Summary:
- Just graduated this year, got my mcat score this morning. Applying this cycle.

- Migrated to america after high school, took a year off to learn english and apply to universities. Didn't speak english when I came here. Now speak 4 languages fluently. URM, African. US citizen now.

ACADEMICS:
- cGPA: 3.35; sGPA: 3.25; --> BIG BIG upward trend, 3.0 average first two years (when i took the requirements) and 3.7 average for the last two years.

- MCAT: 503 (Retake from last year 503); MCAT Breakdown: 126/126/123/128 (retake from 126/125/124/128) - absolutely depressing given that I was scoring 514+ on practice tests, and I just don't understand why I can't reproduce those score on test day (AAMC FL1: 514, FL2: 517, FL3: 516)

Activities:
Clinical Experience: 4 countries, half of my experience is with the underserved, different specialties - 1600 hours
Research: 2 posters, 3 public health (all related to underserved communities), 1 chem lab - 750 hours + Full time lab position while applying this cycle (6 months)
Volunteering: started a non-profit 501c3 to help underserved populations, created a club to facilitate english classes to migrants at my university, taught sex ed to 9th graders, lots of tutoring - 500 hours
Artistic Endeavour/Hobbies: Music --> raised money (> $10k) for underserved communities during events that I organized and in which I performed

What are my chances??
I don't want to apply D.O because I want to have the option to practice in some foreign countries where the D.O degree is not recognized. Would not have hesitated if I knew with certainty that I wanted to practice in America.
My dream school is UCLA/drew - but i am a NY resident. What are my chances for MD school, and can you help me with a list? I had a list but my MCAT score result this morning forces me to reconsider everything. Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest all these schools with your stats:
All 4 SUNY's
New York Medical College
Albany
UCLA-Drew
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
Quinnipiac