What are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

worriedperson

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to apply this year with these stats also my first post here :)
Date of submission: N/A
Overall GPA: 3.62
Science GPA: 3.59
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.63
DAT score (include AA and all sections): PAT: 21 QR: 20 RC: 23 BIO: 19 GC:22 OC: 19 AA: 21
Residence: United States

Undergrad Attended:
University at Buffalo
Major: Biomedical Sciences
Minority?
No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience:
2 General Dentists 150 Hours total. Have some "field" dentistry hours aswell worked alongside a dentist while in the military
Volunteering Experience: 10 hours at a Harvest House good neighbors clinic
Employment: New York Army National Guard Medic, Sergeant Team Leader
Research: Behavioral Neuropharamcology, currently working on 2 projects no publications or presentations yet 200 hours completed
Other Extracurriculars: Military, Army leadership school, Veterans Club, intramural sports, EMT Certified passed NREMT exam
Relevant Honors or Awards: Deans list 3/6 semesters
LOR type and strength:
1 dentist/military commander 2 science 1 non science and 1 PI research
School list:
University at Buffalo
NYU
Stony Brook
Touro College
Columbia
Haven't really thought of any other schools beyond these couple

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey there. I think your GPA and DAT scores are solid. It seems like you don't have lots of volunteer hours, but you did lots of other extra curricular activities, research, etc. Hopefully those can cover up your 10 hour volunteer hours. That being said, I would try to avoid applying to schools that weigh heavily on community service such as UCSF, A.T. Still (AZ And Missouri), UDM, UNLV, USC, etc. In my opinion, apply to all New York schools (if COA is not a problem, then also IVYs and NYU).

If you have chance to rack up those volunteer hours, I would do it now and update the school on your volunteer hours. This would make you a well-balanced applicant and open up more list of schools.

Good luck!