what are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shannonkoreysonia

Reaction score
Suggested information to include when creating a WAMC thread are as follows:

Date of submission: June 4th, 2019
Overall GPA: 3.85
Science GPA: 3.87
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.85
DAT score (include AA and all sections):
AA-19
PAT-17
TS-19
Bio and gen chem-19
Orgs:18
RC:23
Math:17
State of Residence: NH

Undergrad: High point University
Major: Biology
Minor: History
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No-

Shadowing Experience: 400 General, 20 Oral surgery, 10 Endo, 10 ortho
Volunteering Experience: Philanthropy for march of dimes 30 hours, World relief-100 hours, service learning project

Employment: Dental office- 200 hours, front desk and sterilization center. Also worked as an assistant, Tutoring services-teaching assistant 250 hours

Research: 200 hours or 6 semesters. Research is looking at bone ossification in zebrafish. Currently no publications

Other Extracurriculars: President of pre-dental club. Made it to be able to get all of the pre-dent students together. Vice President of my sorority. Tutor around 20 hours a week in biology and chemistry. Student Government Representative for a VIDA volunteer group. Member of national society of leadership and success.

Relevant Honors or Awards: Junior Marshall (top 40 students in class at HPU), Pi Alpha theta (history honors society), BBB(biological honor society) Deans list-all semesters
LOR type and strength: 3 letters, one biology (very strong), one chemistry (not sure), General dentist (very strong)

Schools applied to:
UNE
TUFTS
UCONN
Boston University
TOURO
NYU
NOVA
Maryland
PITT
Louisville
Midwestern in AZ
Virginia Commonwealth U
SUNY Buffalo
Rutgers
Marquette
Case Western
OSU

I would prefer the schools in Maine, MA, or Ct. But because of my DAT, I applied broadly.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Florida resident but born and raised in NH. I think you have a VERY good shot at UNE. They're new but honestly gaining ground and reputation, fast up north. I also think you have a shot at BU and Tufts. In my opinion you have done the right thing to apply broadly due to lower DAT sections. You're active with ECs, interested in dentistry from your broad shadowing, and have a solid GPA. Be patient and interviews will come your way ;). Wishing you the best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I cannot make any predictions because I am not a d school adcom. Just reaffirmed what has been told to me at ADEA conferences.

You have some of the most expensive schools in the country on that list. Make sure you know the implications of what going to any of them will be so you don't waste your money interviewing if you don't find it worth it.

I would say the only worry I would have is how low your DAT is compared to your GPA and that you went to a small school. The DAT is a neutralizer for grade inflation, and you have an extremely high BCP GPA, but average DAT marks. Outside of that, the rest of your application is fantastic!

Louisville OOS tuition with fees is nearly $80k for OOS residents, I'm not sure it's worth applying there as an out of state resident

Reactions: 1 user