What are you doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No clue as I don't know much about bows. Haha I guess I'll go to a hop and have them explain some stuff to me. I only did archery for a few weeks and didn't learn much about the different bows then.

Like do you want a target bow or hunting bow? For the most part archery shops are helpful, but keep in mind they have contracts with certain companies and will try to sway you. In fact most of them only carry one or two brands. My best advice is to shoot every single one you can get your hands on and don't listen to everyone's opinions on which bow is the best blah blah blah. It's which one feels the best to you. There is an archery forum that is really helpful if you are interested.... http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/

If you have any questions you can ask me (I'm no expert but spent about 6 months this past year trying to find the perfect bow for me) or go on that forum. (They aren't as nice on there as they are on here though so don't sound too noobish lol). Grumpy old men :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I can't wait till my year comes to apply for vet school. There's so much excitement involved in it.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
my bf left a box of wheat thins on his desk. bad move...
(click for bigger)

my tortie being all "look what the spotted cat did!!!" is the best part imo

This happens if we leave the milk jug unattended. All the cats circle like hawks but Piper is the only one to figure out sticking her paw into the jug rather than sticking the head will give her success.

And then I don't know this happens and pour my milk into my coffee and start drinking. Then pops says "btw, you are now drinking god knows what in your coffee"

This happens if we leave the milk jug unattended. All the cats circle like hawks but Piper is the only one to figure out sticking her paw into the jug rather than sticking the head will give her success.

And then I don't know this happens and pour my milk into my coffee and start drinking. Then pops says "btw, you are now drinking god knows what in your coffee"

...well at least the hot coffee maybe kills anything LIVING that was on the kitty's paw? :laugh:

...well at least the hot coffee maybe kills anything LIVING that was on the kitty's paw? :laugh:

You would hope so! Oh well. This has gone on far too long for me to worry about catching something.

We once came home, opened our bedroom door and feathers flew EVERYWHERE. The dogs had torn apart our down comforter. I looked at my BF and said "It wasn't MY dog" (who is an angel and never destructive :D) and when he started yelling at his dog, mine literally spit out feathers like one of those damn cartoon characters and his dog had nothing in her mouth :laugh:. We still joke about it to this day lol.

My Next vet school all-nighter will be my FIRST vet school all-nighter.

I think 4 hours of sleep is the least I can survive on now. Otherwise Grumpy Old Man indeed!

I pulled some all-nighters first semester. This semester I vowed to not do that again. I'm finding that my grades are virtually the same.

I found I can survive one night of 2 hrs of sleep without any residual sleepiness. So my rule is that if I'm really behind I'll let myself stay up until 3 studying, but then I set the alarm clock for 5 and go to bed no matter how many lectures I haven't yet reviewed before the exam. Seems to work fine as long as I don't do it two days in a row.

Wow, I wasn't anticipating all of the archery enthusiasts on the pre-vet forum. Interesting. I did it in high school PE- it was pretty sweet I guess.

2 twelve hour days in a row done. At least they make my 8 hour days seem like nothing. Time for leftover pizza, the wire, and BED.

185280972139736631_4KAHid6e_b.jpg

:scared:

It could be worse:

demotivational-posters-that-akward-moment-when-you-realize.jpg

(the typo makes me cringe. but I'm too lazy to download the file, hack it with MS paint or something to fix it)
Our never ending search for cat facts makes its appearance on SDN :laugh:

It could be worse:

demotivational-posters-that-akward-moment-when-you-realize.jpg

(the typo makes me cringe. but I'm too lazy to download the file, hack it with MS paint or something to fix it)

:laugh:

ooo yeah, there are two typos... I HATE TYPOS!!!!! :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
We once came home, opened our bedroom door and feathers flew EVERYWHERE. The dogs had torn apart our down comforter. I looked at my BF and said "It wasn't MY dog" (who is an angel and never destructive :D) and when he started yelling at his dog, mine literally spit out feathers like one of those damn cartoon characters and his dog had nothing in her mouth :laugh:. We still joke about it to this day lol.

This made me belly laugh. :laugh: Totally unexpected. hahaaaa

Hanging with my hubby in L.A., watching TV and relaxing during my last Spring Break. Ever.

And getting excited about starting clinics in 2.5 months! :D They accidentally released the tentative schedule and it's hard to not obsess over it.

On my way to the dentist. Have a tooth or two really bothering me lately so I'm slightly terrified to hear what they have to say :scared:. I normally don't mind the dentist.... but today :eek:
Hey, at least I finally made the appointment ;)
Wisdom teeth out next month too :scared:

On the bright side....wisdom teeth=lots of ice cream and BF sympathy :smuggrin:

I have been having trouble sleeping for the last few nights. It has finally caught up with me. I am dragging so bad today. And it's my long day. I probably won't get home until 6 or so and then a long night of studying for my radiology test tomorrow morning.

On my way to the dentist. Have a tooth or two really bothering me lately so I'm slightly terrified to hear what they have to say :scared:. I normally don't mind the dentist.... but today :eek:

I got my wisdom teeth out not too long ago. Applesauce was my best friend for a couple days.

Oooh good luck!! I loathe the dentist! But having the novocaine wear off TWICE during a root canal will do that... "Hmm, guess you need more novocaine!" Punch.

Oooh good luck!! I loathe the dentist! But having the novocaine wear off TWICE during a root canal will do that... "Hmm, guess you need more novocaine!" Punch.

:laugh:
Yeah.... it didn't go so well. See Rant thread if interested :D

Sorry to hear that Emiloo :( The dentist sucks.

In other news. I think I just possibly blew my chance at my number 1 residency choice :( I e-mailed the director of the program at Stanford over a month ago about coming to visit this week to talk about the program and introduce myself. He agreed to have me come visit and said to pick a date and he'd put together an agenda for my visit. So on Feb 29th, I picked today and asked if the date would work. I'm on Spring Break, and planned to leave L.A. on Wednesday so that I could drive to Stanford Thursday morning.

I never got an e-mail to confirm the date. I e-mailed him again about 10 days ago, asking to confirm the date. Nothing. So Tuesday night I changed my flight to Friday to spend an extra two days with my husband,

I just got an e-mail from him. Wondering where I am and giving me his cell phone number in case I'm having trouble finding them. :eek: But he never confirmed the date, told me a location, or told me a time!! But here I am, looking irresponsible. UGH!

Sorry. Had to vent for a moment.

Sorry to hear that Emiloo :( The dentist sucks.

In other news. I think I just possibly blew my chance at my number 1 residency choice :( I e-mailed the director of the program at Stanford over a month ago about coming to visit this week to talk about the program and introduce myself. He agreed to have me come visit and said to pick a date and he'd put together an agenda for my visit. So on Feb 29th, I picked today and asked if the date would work. I'm on Spring Break, and planned to leave L.A. on Wednesday so that I could drive to Stanford Thursday morning.

I never got an e-mail to confirm the date. I e-mailed him again about 10 days ago, asking to confirm the date. Nothing. So Tuesday night I changed my flight to Friday to spend an extra two days with my husband,

I just got an e-mail from him. Wondering where I am and giving me his cell phone number in case I'm having trouble finding them. :eek: But he never confirmed the date, told me a location, or told me a time!! But here I am, looking irresponsible. UGH!

Sorry. Had to vent for a moment.

Ugh that sucks!!! I'm sorry to hear that!! I wonder if he will be understanding :xf:. Are you gonna try and explain to him what happened?

Ugh that sucks!!! I'm sorry to hear that!! I wonder if he will be understanding :xf:. Are you gonna try and explain to him what happened?

Yeah, I e-mailed him and explained that since I never received confirmation of the date, I'm still in L.A. He got back to me immediately and was really apologetic!! He said he can't find any e-mails he thought he sent me, and that maybe he just forgot to get back to me. He feels bad for seemingly blowing off my e-mails and asked if *I* could forgive *him*! Um. You have 18 letters after your name and I would do pretty much anything to do my residency there. Yes, you are forgiven. :laugh:

We're going to plan the visit for another day :D

Yeah, I e-mailed him and explained that since I never received confirmation of the date, I'm still in L.A. He got back to me immediately and was really apologetic!! He said he can't find any e-mails he thought he sent me, and that maybe he just forgot to get back to me. He feels bad for seemingly blowing off my e-mails and asked if *I* could forgive *him*! Um. You have 18 letters after your name and I would do pretty much anything to do my residency there. Yes, you are forgiven. :laugh:

We're going to plan the visit for another day :D

YAY!!!!!!! :clap: Very awesome, I'm happy to hear that! :D

YAY!!!!!!! :clap: Very awesome, I'm happy to hear that! :D

Haha, thanks. We're meeting next Thursday :D

And I read about your dentist appointment in the rant thread, sounds awful :( My husband is supposed to get those deep cleanings every four months as well, but our insurance sucks and we can't afford it that often, so I (kind of) feel your pain.

Haha, thanks. We're meeting next Thursday :D

And I read about your dentist appointment in the rant thread, sounds awful :( My husband is supposed to get those deep cleanings every four months as well, but our insurance sucks and we can't afford it that often, so I (kind of) feel your pain.

Yeah they want me to come back but my dental insurance runs out when I turn 26 (May) so I won't be able to do another one :-/ . I just wish I would have eaten before I went today. I was just going for a cleaning so I didn't think about it, and now my mouth hurts too much to eat lol. I have been squishing avocados on the roof of my mouth :laugh:

Yoghurt. :) when I first for invisaline, I was in a lot of pain, but yoghurt didn't need to be chewed, so that was good. :)

So there is yogurt! :p But what do you call the things that are like that? I wouldn't call it pudding, but what are they called?

so glad this worked out for you :)

What am I doing? I'm starting to get stomach-cramping nervous every time the mail comes, because the decision letters for my last chance school are going out soon.

:barf: :help:

So there is yogurt! :p But what do you call the things that are like that? I wouldn't call it pudding, but what are they called?

:laugh: I was just teasing you on your spelling of "yoghurt", that's all ;). Thought it might be a German spelling:p

What am I doing? Not paying attention in organic chem. It was either SDN or :sleep:

I heard organic chem is pretty tough.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using SDN Mobile

Its not too bad. Could be worse. I just dont care to pay attention today. With the semester getting close to the end, my desire to pay attention is diminishing.

I just watched this for way too long haha very hypnotic.