What are you doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just watched this for way too long haha very hypnotic.

I'm kind of falling in love with the website... I just keep hitting "random" at the top and new ones pop up lol

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cooking Red Curry Butternut Squash ............ yuuuuuuum :hungover:

Im trying to learn how to cook more vegetarian dishes but I am struggling to find dishes that i like... all of them so far have been indian or ethiopian ... or stir-fry (which are delish)

.... I have to watch my cholesterol :eek: but too poor to afford fish and other better animal based proteins

does anyone else like to cook?!

Cooking Red Curry Butternut Squash ............ yuuuuuuum :hungover:

Im trying to learn how to cook more vegetarian dishes but I am struggling to find dishes that i like... all of them so far have been indian or ethiopian ... or stir-fry (which are delish)

.... I have to watch my cholesterol :eek: but too poor to afford fish and other better animal based proteins

does anyone else like to cook?!

I love to cook, but don't like doing dishes.

I love to cook, but don't like doing dishes.

:thumbup:

ME TOO.

Thats why I like to cook for others ... so they feel socially obligated to do dishes (applies to household members) ... but it does not apply to guests, darn those social constructs, lol ... ;)

otherwise, i just do one pot dishes and throw it in the fridge for future eats.

I like to cook. I just don't like learning how to cook, which is a problem, because there's almost nothing I can make..

I'm studying for my repro quiz. I think I finally figured out how to study for my animal science classes! Which is awesome! It involves lots of walking, talking and drawing/writing on mirrors and white boards (preferably as many of those as possible). But hey! It works! I'm seriously excited about that!

Currently: Craving a five guys cheeseburger.

mmmmmmm I left work early last Friday to stop by Five Guys before they closed at 10:00. As in, I left 2 hours early... whoops! :D It was totally worth the risk... mmmmm:love:

Worst part: it is within walking distance of where I work, and I sometimes justify eating all that fat bc "I can walk back and work some of it off" :rolleyes:
Ignorance is bliss :smuggrin:

I like to cook. I just don't like learning how to cook, which is a problem, because there's almost nothing I can make..

I'm studying for my repro quiz. I think I finally figured out how to study for my animal science classes! Which is awesome! It involves lots of walking, talking and drawing/writing on mirrors and white boards (preferably as many of those as possible). But hey! It works! I'm seriously excited about that!

leaning to cook isnt a big obstacle :) i pick easy dishes that are hard to screw up :p

oooooophf, animal sci repro and endocrinology kicked my butt ... didnt help that I am a city girl and was overridden w/out taking the prereq ... i was good at endocrinology but could not wrap my head around reproductive management, Im just not meant to work on/near/within 100 miles of farms :laugh: ... Im okay with that.

Good luck on your quiz!!! Go kick it in the gonads :cool:

I :love::love::love: cooking! My bf always tells me, "sit down and stop making such elaborate meals and maybe you'd be less stressed". What he doesn't realize is that it is a stress reliever for me. Cooking is awesome, and I love making crazy meals from scratch as possible.... even though it looks like WWIII in my kitchen when I'm done :D
And then once he tastes what I make, he leaves me alone about it! :p
In college, I told my roommates if they buy the ingredients and clean, I'll make awesome food. Worked out great for me! :thumbup:

leaning to cook isnt a big obstacle :) i pick easy dishes that are hard to screw up :p

oooooophf, animal sci repro and endocrinology kicked my butt ... didnt help that I am a city girl and was overridden w/out taking the prereq ... i was good at endocrinology but could not wrap my head around reproductive management, Im just not meant to work on/near/within 100 miles of farms :laugh: ... Im okay with that.

Good luck on your quiz!!! Go kick it in the gonads :cool:

It's just part of my animal science intro, so it doesn't go into very much detail, but I still like it. Next semester, I'm taking a class on only repro and I'm really excited. The prof is waiving the requirements, because he wants me to TA the next year. :D

I want to work with food animal and hopefully do repro research, so I really like this stuff. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
I know how to make BOMB ass lamb curry.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using SDN Mobile

My favorite!! Want to shaaare the recipe? :D I havent challenged myself w lamb curry yet.

I'm putting off both cleaning my house and studying for my pharm quiz tomorrow. 2 of my least favorite things to do.

Update: self medicated and consumed a large cheeseburger from five guys. I am going to bed. Yes, it is 6 pm. No, I don't care.

Update: self medicated and consumed a large cheeseburger from five guys. I am going to bed. Yes, it is 6 pm. No, I don't care.

Hadn't eaten since 8 this morning and had a strong mocha. Got shaky hand and blurring vision thanks to my friend caffeine. I think that means I can eat a burger.

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

So I'm sitting in what has to be one of the worst classes in the history of classes. Bored out of my mind.

Sure. I'll PM you the recipe.

Sweet :)

I :love::love::love: cooking! My bf always tells me, "sit down and stop making such elaborate meals and maybe you'd be less stressed". What he doesn't realize is that it is a stress reliever for me. Cooking is awesome, and I love making crazy meals from scratch as possible.... even though it looks like WWIII in my kitchen when I'm done :D
And then once he tastes what I make, he leaves me alone about it! :p
In college, I told my roommates if they buy the ingredients and clean, I'll make awesome food. Worked out great for me! :thumbup:

i agree, cooking is a great de-stressor... i dont go to the gym when I am stressed (tho it prob would be better i I did, lol) ... somehow I have managed not to bimp out from cooking :laugh:

:thumbup: good roomies

Immunology with a professor who only half knows what she's talking about and doesn't have much of a personality. It's the last class required for my BS. She's new to teaching immunology. Apparently she's a great professor for micro, but it doesn't show.

Waiting for hubby's hockey game to start and intermittently playing dream zoo/checking SDN. Only one more day of class and then it's Easter break!

Immunology with a professor who only half knows what she's talking about and doesn't have much of a personality.
Wow that sounds exactly like vet school immunology...

I second the love for cooking and hate for dishes. Yuck. I try to be a clean-as-you-go type of gal. My boyfriend on the other hand....

Now I'm watching the wire/studying biochem. Test on metabolism tomorrow!!! :oops:

Wow that sounds exactly like vet school immunology...

Hm, ours was kind of the opposite - the professor really knew her **** and had a ton of personality but was awful awful awful at actually explaining the material in lecture.

To her credit, I do think it's a difficult subject to teach in a logical order, because every component interacts with every other component so it's tough to figure out where to start and by nature, you're going to have to introduce a lot of things before you formally talk about them which makes it seem repetitive and too complicated.

That being said, I had excellent immuno professors in undergrad (I took both immunology and molecular immunology as well as pathogenic micro course that had a lot of immunological principles involved) in undergrad so I got by easily in vet school immuno without bothering to learn anything new until she got to the material that was new to me (mostly on species differences and hypersensitivity reactions), and my background was good enough that I could pick that up easily. I consider myself very fortunate and feel bad for my classmates who don't have that foundation.

I am deciding on which shows I want to go to when I'm in NYC in June! :)
I've seen way too many Broadway shows lol, so I'm trying to find some I haven't seen yet. Everyone just bought their plane tickets today! Yay! So excited!!!!!! :) :) :)

That being said, I had excellent immuno professors in undergrad (I took both immunology and molecular immunology as well as pathogenic micro course that had a lot of immunological principles involved) in undergrad so I got by easily in vet school immuno without bothering to learn anything new until she got to the material that was new to me (mostly on species differences and hypersensitivity reactions), and my background was good enough that I could pick that up easily. I consider myself very fortunate and feel bad for my classmates who don't have that foundation.

Overachiever :smuggrin:

I am deciding on which shows I want to go to when I'm in NYC in June! :)
I've seen way too many Broadway shows lol, so I'm trying to find some I haven't seen yet. Everyone just bought their plane tickets today! Yay! So excited!!!!!! :) :) :)

I saw The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway! It was great! :love:

not many overachievers would be quite as comfortable so far south of 50th percentile in my class as I am, that's for sure. :laugh:

(my major was molecular biology and microbiology and 2 immuno courses were required :p)

:lol:

What am I doing? I'm trying to figure out how I got a paper cut on my face. Really. How?

Should get a letter in the mail tomorrow. I am terrified. My stomach is one big knot of anxiety. I do not have high hopes.

Does anyone have instagram? Add me bans87

I'm still trying to understand... I thought it was just a lens filter basically for your iPhone. I have the app, but don't know all the ins and outs.

What am I doing? I'm trying to figure out how I got a paper cut on my face. Really. How?

Should get a letter in the mail tomorrow. I am terrified. My stomach is one big knot of anxiety. I do not have high hopes.

:xf::xf::xf::xf: For you!!! :luck:

Good luck!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

You basically share photos with your friends. Kinda like twitter but much better.

Thank you! If I don't get anything today, I'll email them to ask when they're sending them out.

I thinl instagram is a perfect app for pre vet students. I'm loving this app. ( add me Bans87

I thinl instagram is a perfect app for pre vet students. I'm loving this app. ( add me Bans87

I don't quite understand that reasoning.. :confused:

Its fun... I really like it cause you can share pics with your friends.

Like facebook. Doesn't mean it's perfect for pre-vet students. :p

So glad my biochem midterm is over!!!! was sick of studying for that - had it this morning. :D

Now getting ready to go out to the pub (shut up Time Warner if you are on this thread! :mad:) for shave or dye to watch some lads shave or dye their hair to raise money for the Irish Cancer Society. Good cause and I need a drink after all the studying this week.

Looking at houses online. Found a few across the street from where the new vet school campus would be, which would be so convenient if I ended up going to UGA (still waiting for that letter that's hopefully coming!).

So glad my biochem midterm is over!!!! was sick of studying for that - had it this morning. :D

Now getting ready to go out to the pub (shut up Time Warner if you are on this thread! :mad:) for shave or dye to watch some lads shave or dye their hair to raise money for the Irish Cancer Society. Good cause and I need a drink after all the studying this week.

Odd. I felt the call and went on this thread.

Hahahaha! Drinking for a good cause is always welcomed in my book! Now people are gonna think I'm some alcohol prude haha