You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
What car do you plan to drive during med school?
Started by patch_o
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
patch_o said:What kind of car do you guys plan on driving while attending med school?
Anything that will get me by! 😳
M
Mr. McDuck
My good ol' Maxima.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good ole civic. Those things survive everything and get good mileage/gallon.
That or a subaru for the winter if I stay in minnesota.
That or a subaru for the winter if I stay in minnesota.
D
deleted106503
The 350Z has done me well, but I would like to have 240Z, too. Debt please?
WilliamsF1 said:The 350Z has done me well, but I would like to have 240Z, too. Debt please?
my lovely scion tC
I was actually thinking about this earlier today- About a year and a half ago, my parents sold the car that I've had since getting my license and so I've been walking and getting rides from friends since then. It's fine when I'm at school but at home I live in the middle of the 'burbs so if there's no car around I feel like I'm back in middle school.
Back to the question- Once I get an acceptance / some loans, I'm definitely finding my '96 Monte Carlo and buying it back. It had about 80,000 miles when they got rid of it but it showed no signs of quitting.
Back to the question- Once I get an acceptance / some loans, I'm definitely finding my '96 Monte Carlo and buying it back. It had about 80,000 miles when they got rid of it but it showed no signs of quitting.
You first.patch_o said:What kind of car do you guys plan on driving while attending med school?
Sorry! Double Post 🙁
My fuel efficient SUV - a 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid!
Dodge 2500 Cummins Diesel 4x4, of course.
I agree, weird thread but a nice break from learning.
I agree, weird thread but a nice break from learning.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After the cost of these applications.... rollerskates
lol same here, if i go to a small town med school, i would like to get my hands on a pre70s ZWilliamsF1 said:The 350Z has done me well, but I would like to have 240Z, too. Debt please?
D
deleted106503
coralfangs said:lol same here, if i go to a small town med school, i would like to get my hands on a pre70s Z
Pre-70s? You're really limiting yourself. The first 240Zs were made in about Sept 1969. I think 500 were made in 1969. I was PISSED earlier this month. I was going to go out to Texas to buy a sub-#250 chassis number. The seller had a job relocation and couldn't respond to me in time. He ended up selling it from under me right before I was going to call to put a deposit. 😡 I'm still ANGRY!
Honda civic... reliable, cheap, chic 😛
Veshy said:Hopefully, my "car" will be the El and a bus. Assuming I'm going to school in Chicago.........
I'm trading my dad... giving him my dubbed-out CTS for his Land Cruiser.. Sort of feel like he's getting the better end of that bargin.
I just can't wait for the snow out there in Chicago 😀 , that yota' will definately clear a path out there in the blizzard.
WilliamsF1 said:Pre-70s? You're really limiting yourself. The first 240Zs were made in about Sept 1969. I think 500 were made in 1969. I was PISSED earlier this month. I was going to go out to Texas to buy a sub-#250 chassis number. The seller had a job relocation and couldn't respond to me in time. He ended up selling it from under me right before I was going to call to put a deposit. 😡 I'm still ANGRY!
haha ya i know
but i just have to get a Z from the 60s
its already hard to find a good condition first gen Z....... >_<
strawberryfield said:Honda civic... reliable, cheap 😛
That's what my brother-in-law told his mom when he got his. Then after an engine swap, turbo/intercooler, a touch of Hondata and a pinch of nitrous oxide well... let's just say its pretty quick 😎
strawberryfield said:Honda civic... reliable, cheap, chic 😛
yep, i love my 03 civic. It's got a lil giddy-up too with the vtec
'05 Chevy Cobalt...it's not to expensive and I get about 34 mpg 🙂
my 92 bmw 325i. I will drive this thing hopefully til i'm out of residency.
doctajay said:my 92 bmw 325i. I will drive this thing hopefully til i'm out of residency.
Bimmer, baby! yahoo... great car, I'd drive one if I could afford it 🙄 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
patch_o said:What kind of car do you guys plan on driving while attending med school?
my big body that I got in college...the gas guzzler...nicknamed Mary Jane...my wonderful Chevy Trailblazer 😀
I'll drive the same thing I drive now. My 2005 Chrysler Mommy-mobile. 😀
Porsche Boxster! 😀
Depends on where I go to school. I think my mom is taking my car this year while I will most likely be taking the train to work, but after that, who knows. I might get my Toyota back for med school.
'06 BMW 330i 😉
D
deleted106503
rajad10 said:my 2001 cedes clk
Did you ever drive it on campus? When did you start going to UF? I was there from Fall 2003 to Spring 2006 and I think I might have see you and that car a few times.
Tominator said:once again i'd liek to repeat i have a ford pinto
probably costs as much as all these rich spoiled kids' break pads
Hah, driving a Ford Pinto would be awesome simply to say that I drive a Ford Pinto.
You know...I actually was looking for one to buy in high school. Yeah, I'm weird. 👍Dodge Ram. (Who needs help moving?) 😀
ridin' the "short bus"... as I have since HS.
/love my ugly yellow friend.
toyota corolla 😀patch_o said:What kind of car do you guys plan on driving while attending med school?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Vvandenn said:Must be nice to have parents with money.
I used to drive a 85 fiero... but I had to sell it (for like 200 bucks) and I don't drive anything. Kind of makes you feel like crap when half the ppl. here are driving Beemers or mercedes or nice SUVs... oh well. Props to them! 🙂
bretticus said:Wow, I hate you all. I'll be lucky to be driving anything - hopefully my '97 Ford will still be in semi-operable condition. Either that, or I'll go to school in NY and just not drive. 🙁
'97 Ford...that's all shiny and new compared to my 1988 S10 Blazer @13 miles/gal and 30 miles/quart of oil. I hop from gas station to gas station, and am sponsored by mobil 1.
/flamesuit on, don't hate 🙂Tominator said:once again i'd liek to repeat i have a ford pinto
probably costs as much as all these rich spoiled kids' break pads
Here in U of miami I've seen kids with aston martins and porsche turbos : /
D
deleted106503
jbl16 said:/flamesuit on, don't hate 🙂
Here in U of miami I've seen kids with aston martins and porsche turbos : /
Damn! I thought it was pretty good up at UF. There were a few Turbos, but I don't think belonging to the students. Some kid in my apt complex had a brand new E60 M5 🙁
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 1K
D
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 1K
D
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 531