What car do you plan to drive during med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
gretta my new golden jetta and i can barely drive so it should be interesting

Members don't see this ad.

WilliamsF1 said:
Damn! I thought it was pretty good up at UF. There were a few Turbos, but I don't think belonging to the students. Some kid in my apt complex had a brand new E60 M5 :(
Nice car :), Can't wait till I can buy something like it in 15 years lol :(

Members don't see this ad :)
wow interesting stuff... yea depends on what happens in the future i'll either be driving my legs to school... or watever car my parents dont really drive anymore

'05 Civic.

My biggest complaint is the HUGE range of "float" with the gas needle. E.G. I parked my car in my driveway with 1/4 tank of gas. Then, that evening started it up to find out I was empty.I would love to say somebody siphoned it off, but that's not the case. This is common with my car. Pisses me off.

Gee some people have money driving beamers and mercedes while still in school.

MinnyGophers said:
Gee some people have money driving beamers and mercedes while still in school.
Just like some ppl never had to work while going to school...sucks for us not to be them :D haha.

Don't wanna brag here but I drive a sweet 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport. It has a spoiler and several gummy bears melted into the cupholders. The passenger window is currently held up with yellow duct tape and it has more scratches and dents than... your mama? I'm tired of being creative. Know this: fear a man driving a minivan for he has much to prove. Fear a mom driving a minivan for she has screaming babies and little of her mind left.

MiesVanDerMom said:
Don't wanna brag here but I drive a sweet 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport. It has a spoiler and several gummy bears melted into the cupholders. The passenger window is currently held up with yellow duct tape and it has more scratches and dents than... your mama? I'm tired of being creative. Know this: fear a man driving a minivan for he has much to prove. Fear a mom driving a minivan for she has screaming babies and little of her mind left.

haha u should move to cali and get it on mtv's "pimp my ride"

Toyota Cadaver
-Dr. P.

Members don't see this ad :)
tncekm said:
Just like some ppl never had to work while going to school...sucks for us not to be them :D haha.

heh, i don't mind working hard. Builds character, and at least, we know what hard work really is :cool:
Normal people car: Subaru :thumbup:

I'll don't even think I'll get a beamer in 15 years. I'll settle for a Lexus :laugh:

MinnyGophers said:
heh, i don't mind working hard. Builds character, and at least, we know what hard work really is :cool:
Normal people car: Subaru :thumbup:

I'll don't even think I'll get a beamer in 15 years. I'll settle for a Lexus :laugh:

my in-laws have this Lexus where the seats heat up in winter. my husband and i say we will know we've made it when we can afford a car with a butt warmer :thumbup:

MiesVanDerMom said:
my in-laws have this Lexus where the seats heat up in winter. my husband and i say we will know we've made it when we can afford a car with a butt warmer :thumbup:

ahaha there's actually a butt cooler too :laugh:
It's a newer technology, but I'm sure I won't need that in thundra MN. :cool:

I'm not sure yet, but I'm thinking about a hybrid because of the nice gas mileage.

But...I really like Honda Elements for some reason :D

Anything under 25K, with good gas mileage (no monstrous SUV's please) is good for me and my wallet.

Umm, maybe it might sound like bragging, but my parents bought me 2006 BMW 530i (fully paid off) for doing well in undergraduate and getting accepted to med school in california. One thing I noticed is that it gets pretty fun driving brand new 5 series and being a med student. :love:

sam012 said:
Umm, maybe it might sound like bragging, but my parents bought me 2006 BMW 530i (fully paid off) for doing well in undergraduate and getting accepted to med school in california. One thing I noticed is that it gets pretty fun driving brand new 5 series and being a med student. :love:

Are you freakin' kidding me??? Why the hell would you opt for an E60? They're butt ugly! The E39 a classic if you didn't know. :p If I were in your shoes, I would've EASILY went for the E39 M5 (2003, CPO'd possibly). At least tell me you got the manual...

maestro1625 said:
aztek.jpg

ridin' the "short bus"... as I have since HS.

/love my ugly yellow friend.

... but at least you can turn the Aztek into a tent to save on rent! So versatile.

I plan on selling my 98 s-10 pickup to pay for the first 27 minutes of medical school

MiesVanDerMom said:

I like my 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport :D. But I hopefully won't be driving it in med school. I'd rely on my boyfriend and the wonderful public transportation system in NYC :). Or, you know, Denver, CO. What a choice...

if im a pulmonary physician of some kind then im def. going to drive vehicles that pollute the most...i hope to also spend hundreds of thousands of my own net income to make sure that every last drop of our fossil fuels are burned during my lifetime.

WilliamsF1 said:
Are you freakin' kidding me??? Why the hell would you opt for an E60? They're butt ugly! The E39 a classic if you didn't know. :p If I were in your shoes, I would've EASILY went for the E39 M5 (2003, CPO'd possibly). At least tell me you got the manual...

I don't know what you're talking about but the new 5 series are soo much more sporty. I woulda went with a M5 though. Haha. Or a E30 M3?

I'll be driving my 2006 Mazda 6 that I bought with my hard earned money. Zoom Zoom.

MiesVanDerMom said:

OMG, LOL! You are too funny. :laugh: I love the last line.

MiesVanDerMom said:

Pimpin the Sport Edition, I love it! :laugh: :laugh:

I will be driving the one and only Raging Bull......the Ford Taurus. I

Hopefully the same car that I am driving right now, which is a Buick Century. I will have it paid by this time next year, so I don't want to buy another car. Not excellent on gas though, but horrible either though. It goes pretty fast too (which I didn't think a buick would do until I drove it :D ), not that I race or anything, but if I am late for class it isn't a problem.

I would like a motorcycle though too. The problem with that is when it rains. I nearly bought one for my "first car".

WilliamsF1 said:
Hah some1 def. likes BMW's. E39 5 series is classic, I'm still not feeling this new e60 design, except of course the M5. E90 06' 330i here. Graduation, birthday, med school gift all rolled into one. Will drive that thing to the ground until residency is over.

patch_o said:
What kind of car do you guys plan on driving while attending med school?

With a car, hopefully.

EDIT: Corvette. Yeah.

2002 Lexus GS 400 hopely I have A new car by then

zero2hero said:
Hah some1 def. likes BMW's. E39 5 series is classic, I'm still not feeling this new e60 design, except of course the M5. E90 06' 330i here. Graduation, birthday, med school gift all rolled into one. Will drive that thing to the ground until residency is over.

Yep :) Although my username may be a bit deceiving, I support both Williams and BMW Sauber F1 teams :D BMW Williams was my favorite and I hated to see it break apart.

I'm still stuck in the pre-Bangle BMW era. I like the E30 the most among the 3er. The E60 M5 does look a lot better than its regular variants. E39 M5 still tops it, though. Not a fan of the new 7-series. I still will always prefer the 2001 750iL, throw in the Protection Package as well. You never know when bullet proof windows come in handy. ;) Maybe I can pick one up in med school. Depreciation is an awesome thing. The 2000-01 are already dipping in the low 20s.

zero2hero said:
What color? sport package?. Mine is Silver with sport.

1996 saab 900. it may be 10 years old and have 140,000 miles, but it's ruby red, has butt warmers, and is all around awesome! great shape too - everyone is always surprised to find out how old it is.

i made my dad buy it back in 1996 (it was between the saab and a volvo and i made the call) a year before i got my license in the hopes that someday it would be mine. 7 years later, august 2003, he upgraded and the saab was finally mine! mmmmwaaa ha ha. my diabolical plan finally paid off!

now i just gotta make it last through the next 10 years or so.... good thing my bf can fix anything.

Haemulon said:
I have a Harley Road King that I will be cruising in on (except when it rains). :thumbup:

Niiiice.

Soon enough I'll have a Sportster and can get rid of the Honda I've been riding. And I just bought a Dodge Caliber a few months ago, and hopefully it will last me 10 years or so.

megboo said:
Niiiice.

Soon enough I'll have a Sportster and can get rid of the Honda I've been riding. And I just bought a Dodge Caliber a few months ago, and hopefully it will last me 10 years or so.

Sportsters are a lot of fun, especially on twisty country roads. I also have one of those (2003 Custom Sportster), but am selling that now to pay for my med schools apps (among other things).

Haemulon said:
Sportsters are a lot of fun, especially on twisty country roads. I also have one of those (2003 Custom Sportster), but am selling that now to pay for my med schools apps (among other things).

Yeah, we already have it - someone wanted my husband to store it and that was 5 years ago. Since he never came back and fell off the earth we decided to get a lawyer and try and get a title to it.

My husband has an 04 Night Train that he loves. He's been loving J&P Cycles lately putting upgrades on it.

jbl16 said:
/flamesuit on, don't hate :)
Here in U of miami I've seen kids with aston martins and porsche turbos : /

Miami is wacky like that in general though. You see lots of people with these big flash cars....and many of them get them in questionable ways. God only knows how many times I've gone down to south beach to visit a friend and see 20 something year old guys in wifebeaters, sports shorts, and a royce. My brother, who is a high performance mechanic just shakes his head and laughs at a lot of the cars anymore.

Oh and depending on how my investments go I'll either be driving my 03 highlander or since I can get a huge discount on any gm product something from them........or maybe I'll rebuild the vette my bro has had sitting in his back garage for about 8 years while he slowly canibalizes parts from others for it.

TCIrish03 said:
My A-Team van replica

That's cool. The only thing that could be better would be if it was an A-Team van limo......I pity tha fool!

I'm hoping my old Jeep will make it. But if not, I'm so going into debt and getting a restored '68 Mustang - yeah right, I wish.

Why is this a thread? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Why did I bump this? :rolleyes:

tncekm said:
'05 Civic.

My biggest complaint is the HUGE range of "float" with the gas needle. E.G. I parked my car in my driveway with 1/4 tank of gas. Then, that evening started it up to find out I was empty.I would love to say somebody siphoned it off, but that's not the case. This is common with my car. Pisses me off.

OMG... my '05 Civic does the same thing! It's weird, you could be driving around, have a quarter tank, and then the thing goes up to half after I park it and start it again! wtf is up w/ that! :confused: I still love my car though! :love: I just always fill it at 1/4 tank as to not be put in a precarious situation :scared:

WilliamsF1 said:
Yep :) Although my username may be a bit deceiving, I support both Williams and BMW Sauber F1 teams :D BMW Williams was my favorite and I hated to see it break apart.

I'm still stuck in the pre-Bangle BMW era. I like the E30 the most among the 3er. The E60 M5 does look a lot better than its regular variants. E39 M5 still tops it, though. Not a fan of the new 7-series. I still will always prefer the 2001 750iL, throw in the Protection Package as well. You never know when bullet proof windows come in handy. ;) Maybe I can pick one up in med school. Depreciation is an awesome thing. The 2000-01 are already dipping in the low 20s.

I just got a E46 330ci with the performance package in December. I was planning on having the car until the end of residency, but I got into school in NYC and will probably end up selling the car in the next month. Thats the one downside for me going to Columbia.

AudioslaveFan said:
I just got a E46 330ci with the performance package in December. I was planning on having the car until the end of residency, but I got into school in NYC and will probably end up selling the car in the next month. Thats the one downside for me going to Columbia.

Sucks you have to sell it. Parking is way too much of a hassle in NYC so it would be useless and take up money. At least you have depreciation to look forward to once you get into residency :) I doubt the E60 M5s will have dropped in price, but the E46 M3s will definitely.

Cool username. I listen to them a lot, The Mars Volta and Tool/APC, too.

I'll be driven my '90 Bimmer with ? miles...the odometer stopped working two years ago at 139K. With 180hp brand new and the governor off it's a hot rod.

WilliamsF1 said:
The 350Z has done me well, but I would like to have 240Z, too. Debt please?
I had a nice one too, black on black. :thumbup: