What computer games do you premeds play?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The naval battles sound so complex. Moving an army in formation is hard enough without wind and water.

Its pretty chaotic, I don't know how much strategy there is to it. All you do is keep your ships broadside aimed at at least one enemy ship, and wait for them to pound it out. The visuals are awesome though.

Members don't see this ad.

I like racing game, esp. Grand Turismo Series!
Does anyone like this game also? I want to talk to you ;)

-World of Warcraft. .... Can you believe this, that people use that game as a dating service? Well, they're paying $30 every two months, so they might as well, lol

I know someone who's last 3 boyfriends were found through playing WOW :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Would anyone be interested in setting up lan connections through hamachi and play during our summer break?
Woah. I googled Hamachi. That's pretty cool! I feel so old and out of the loop now.

I hardly game any more, but I'd be down for some CS:S or COD4.

:thumbup: to those who play sc.. not enough recognition for the best game ever! also high on my list is sims, worms, and I guess yahoo graffiti, if anyone still plays that. Oh, and those time-management games on bigfish (fish tycoon, farm frenzy, etc.!)

...oops - guess I didn't leave time to study, did i :p

I used to play that one.:thumbup: Apparently, they think it's cheating if you have a tablet, though.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

TF2, CS Source or 1.6 from time to time. And if I have a bunch of free time, Civ 4.

I like racing game, esp. Grand Turismo Series!
Does anyone like this game also? I want to talk to you ;)

I love racing games as well, except I'm more of a Forza Motorsports and Project Gotham Racing guy. This is mainly because I only have the original Xbox and not a PS2/PS3.

I believe Forza is a much more realistic simulator than Gran Turismo, but the later Gran Turismo games feel more realistic at high speeds with the wind and a bit of shaking. In Forza, the driving is completely sane and smooth even at speeds over 150mph. Excellent mix between simulator and arcade, though.

I love racing games as well, except I'm more of a Forza Motorsports and Project Gotham Racing guy. This is mainly because I only have the original Xbox and not a PS2/PS3.

I believe Forza is a much more realistic simulator than Gran Turismo, but the later Gran Turismo games feel more realistic at high speeds with the wind and a bit of shaking. In Forza, the driving is completely sane and smooth even at speeds over 150mph. Excellent mix between simulator and arcade, though.
Oh....I've never tried Forza Motorsports and Project Gotham Racing coz I don't have XBOX...:(
I play GT5 P in my friend's place, but when the real GT5 comes out I swear I will buy myself a PS3 and jump from GT4 to GT5 :love:
BTW, can you damage your car when you hit something in Forza Motorsports and Project Gotham Racing?

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't know anyone still played Starcraft. I'd be down for a game, for nostalgic purposes.
Also, PM me your Live tag. My Xbox red ringed the other day so I'm sending it off but I'd be down for a game of Halo3, GOW2 or GTA4 sometime. Also, Oblivion at times as well. Sadly I don't have the time that I once did to play them, but meh.
And if you guys haven't played World in Conflict yet, DO IT. It's an awesome game and the multiplayer rocks(stresses teamwork very heavily).

I've never really been into computer games, super smash bros on 64 is the best game ever.

Oh....I've never tried Forza Motorsports and Project Gotham Racing coz I don't have XBOX...:(
I play GT5 P in my friend's place, but when the real GT5 comes out I swear I will buy myself a PS3 and jump from GT4 to GT5 :love:
BTW, can you damage your car when you hit something in Forza Motorsports and Project Gotham Racing?

I don't know about the original, but Forza 2 for the 360, you most definitely can.

And whoever talked about Lego Island... that was basically my childhood.

Anyone else play Commander Keen out there? Fun game.

TF2, CS Source or 1.6 from time to time. And if I have a bunch of free time, Civ 4.
TF2 is definitely the outlier here, folks.:smuggrin:
I love TF2 and all the character videos they come out with. That or L4D (Huge Valve fanboy here) are my primary concerns. But if I'm feeling really bored - Black White 2. Nothing like rampaging your own village with a Lion God:laugh:

Halo III like a mofo. And WoW over breaks.

I don't know about the original, but Forza 2 for the 360, you most definitely can.

Oh, wow. Hadn't heard that name in a loooong time.

Oh, wow. Hadn't heard that name in a loooong time.

Steam released all the games in a $5 package, so I had to pick it up. It's annoying as all hell sometimes, but I love it so.

Project Gotham racing is much more unrealistic.

Forza is so realistic to the point that you can damage the bodywork, steering, differential, brakes, engine, driveshaft, and some other things to different levels. It is realistic to the point where getting rear-ended and losing your spoiler would affect your cornering as if you didn't have the spoiler. There's even fuel and tire wear so you can run out of gas in endurance races and pay the penalty for drifting around corners.

I know that Gran Turismo is very realistic, but nowhere near as detailed as Forza.

I have yet to learn drifting on Forza, but it's pretty easy with Project Gotham.

I used to play CS several years ago, but then I got an iBook and gave up computer gaming. Currently, I play Skate2 on the 360 almost every day for about 30-45 min. I just turn it on, bust out some super technical tricks, then call it a day. I have to be one of the best in the world at that game by now, no joke... lol

Runescape is so tedious though.... it's like the diablo for people with attention spans longer than 10 seconds. It's like "here's a quest! go find, kill, and cook 500 chickens! then come back and i'll give you 2 bucks" grrrrr

Who did the actual warhammers? like, the ones you peeled out of the plastic mold and painted?

oh, yea and Burnout Paradise everyday for 30 minutes fo sho..

Killzone 2 on the PS3 (technically not a computer game but whatev) It really helps me get the stress out... except I just moved up a rank and now everyone else is better than me and so it just pisses me off more.

I made a VPN server through Hamachi. Download the program and join the network, "Studentdoctor.net" the password is "premed". We can chat and follow each other from there. I will be mostly playing TF2 from time to time but this server works for all games. My username will be "BloodySurgeon."

Too many cheaters during AOE online game play.

back in high school i used to play supersmash, nintendo games. oh and i LOVE Rise of Nations.

I was a super smash bros 64 fiend in high school, but now I just play NBA Live.

Confess

I play warcraft 3 and starcraft intermittently... I delete them whenever I have tests coming up but install them again during breaks.

Feel free to take a stab at which game I'm into

Commander Keen was probably one of my first gaming experiences. I must have been around 4-5 in '91 - '92 when my dad bought a PC that had a Cyrix 186 or 286. It ran windows 3.1 and we had some games on there - my fav. being a demo of Commander Keen. I never did get home from Mars :(

world of warcraft all the way. just getting back into raiding after a while off, hopefully I won't get sucked in too badly :D

I used to play Tremulous, a open source FPS with a lot of stragedy built in cause you had to build bases etc...

handle: [PWNS]Yoda if theres any trem players out there, gimme a pm. I stopped since the beginning of this past school year thanks to classes, I'm going to start again after my apps are done :)

Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook, so addictive!

Roller Coaster Tycoon. I would give up my left lung for a 4th installment. But I doubt that will ever happen.

call of duty WaW, and Rainbow Six Vegas. XBOX LIVE style.

Dude, if you like the 'Tycoon' series, you should try hospital tycoon, and Theme Hospital. Pretty fun stuff.

Right now I mostly play TF2 with the occasional L4D (used to play this a lot, but stopped over the past few months). steam name is "el aye" or "el_aye" if anyone feels like getting beat in tf2 ;)

I play Football Manager 2008 & 2009. It's so addicting hours goes by.

Im sure most of you dont know what this game is :D

I'm sure people who pay attention to steam certainly do, it seems to be a weekend deal or just discounted all the time :)

^^steam friends?

we should try and get a game of sdn people going, could be fun.

I fell in love with Blizzard games...diablo2 being my favorite, Warcraft 3, Starcraft, WoW

Call of Duty 4 also

Steam name: AdductorMagnus

I play L4D, COD4, TF2, and all Blizzard games ever made. :love: