What could this mean? Nova Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

personalstatementsbyeric

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called up nova today and was told my status is still pending and that I will be getting a letter in the mail soon - anyone know what that means. I thought a rejection, but why would my status be pending - waitlisted interview perhaps??

Members don't see this ad.

I received my rejection from there by letter last year. It was in September and from what I remember, they sent out a large number of them at once. I'm not sure if they do waitlists by mail or not. I know they call to confirm that your application is complete and under review.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received my rejection from there by letter last year. It was in September and from what I remember, they sent out a large number of them at once.

Wouldn't it be more cost-effective, efficient, and environment-friendly to just use the AADSAS portal?

Wouldn't it be more cost-effective, efficient, and environment-friendly to just use the AADSAS portal?
They send out acceptance packages prior to Dec 1st so you will receive it on Dec 1st (or earlier in many cases). People complain but it's just what they do.

Reactions: 1 user
All of my rejections except for one or two came by mail! If I saw a letter from a school, I knew it was a rejection haha.

Could be either or, but if you were going to be informed to interview then you would had received an email or call.

this is for sure a rejection, ALL schools most likely send interview through email or called you directly and update the portal (for some only). expect something in the mail is just rejections.

Nova rejects pretty quickly via snail mail.

Reactions: 1 user
I saw someone post they submitted their all 7/1 and got an invite for interview vial email on 7/6 and that included 4th of July so I'm guessing if you don't hear back as quick and you applied around July then you might be rejected. Who knows.

I saw someone post they submitted their all 7/1 and got an invite for interview vial email on 7/6 and that included 4th of July so I'm guessing if you don't hear back as quick and you applied around July then you might be rejected. Who knows.

Notification of a rejection would be nice :/ maybe it's coming in the mail

Notification of a rejection would be nice :/ maybe it's coming in the mail

I agree. I rather have a notification of a rejection rather than being place on a waiting list for an interview. At least with a rejection I can move on instead of having false hope with being waitlisted.