What did you take in Undergrad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vee9

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm currently a second year biological science undergrad student (in Canada). I was wondering what courses, besides the core science courses, you guys took or would recommend taking.

I've taken Psychology and an English course as my two electives for first year and I plan on going to Waterloo's optometry school, if any of that is important :)

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Genetics, cell biology, anatomy and physiology - I've seen quite a few questions from these topics as I'm studying for the OAT. It will benefit you to have a background so you're not lost when you start studying for yours.

Thank you.
I was looking at several US optometry school websites and most of them required some sociology courses. I know Waterloo only requires 1 pysch and 1 english credit but if I were to apply to the US schools, what do you suggest?

Members don't see this ad :)
In that case, you would have to look at the individual schools you're interested in and see what they require. I know some schools want you to take calculus, others want you to take microbiology or biochemistry - it just depends on the school.

Advertising, marketing, and management
had to take science courses after graduation