What DO schools should I apply too?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D2thaJay

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have already pick four schools-
OUCOM
LECOM- Bradenton
NOVA
Western

I am looking to add at least one more school before I submit my application this week.

3.9 cGPA 3.95 sGPA
27 MCAT (9,8,10)

Strong ECs and LORs

Members don't see this ad.

OUCOM
LECOM- Bradenton
NOVA
Western

I am looking to add at least one more school before I submit my application this week.

3.9 cGPA 3.95 sGPA
27 MCAT (9,8,10)

Strong ECs and LORs

PCOM, DMU, or CCOM

Personally, I would go with PCOM.

Any school you want dude. You'd be competitive and have a fair shot at all DO schools.

With that GPA, I'd probably add some low tier/state school MD programs. It's definitely worth a shot, especially if you've got great ECs, PS, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to ALL the schools!!

As much as I would love to apply to all of them but money is kind of holding me back. Plus I already applied to 15 MD schools so I do not want to be overwhelmed by secondaries!

Yea I have been trying to figure out what school he teaches for!

OUCOM
LECOM- Bradenton
NOVA
Western

3.9 cGPA 3.95 sGPA
27 MCAT (9,8,10)

Strong ECs and LORs

I'd say just apply to those four. I would be VERY surprised if all of them didn't give you an interview invite.

I'd say just apply to those four. I would be VERY surprised if all of them didn't give you an interview invite.

Yea I was thinking about just applying to those 4 but I am also debating about MSUCOM and CUCOM

And I am thinking about NYCOM! Ugh I cant decide!

Any chance of holding out and getting that MCAT up? I think you need to give the MD thing a solid chance, unless you're a nontrad really pressed on time.

Any chance of holding out and getting that MCAT up? I think you need to give the MD thing a solid chance, unless you're a nontrad really pressed on time.

Well see I took the mcat once and got a 26, but I didnt really study all that much so this time around I used a study schedule and stuck with it for 4 months and my range of practice tests ended up being 29-34. Needless to say when I got my scores back I was shocked and I just cant motivate myself now to start studying again just to get 1 pt higher. I am hoping this cycle works out but if it doesn't then I will definitely be retaking in the spring!