What do you think of these symptoms?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerve Panic

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so for the passed 6 years or so, I have been having strange nerve sensations mainly on the left side of my body, sometimes on the right side as well. I just consulted with a neurologist today and he tested my reflexes, power, vibration sensitivity and I will take some more tests tomorrow. In the next two week, I will have an MRI done of both my brain and my body.

He mentioned something that really scared me. He said that if I'm getting nerve pains/sensations on the right side as well as the left side (not just the left side) it could be a sign of something serious, such as a nerve degenerative disease.

I realize that consulting with him and the hospital staff further is the best thing for me and I will definitely do so, but I have been feeling so much anxiety after what he told me today. I have been losing some sleep over my symptoms.

Almost 100% of the time, I have these moments where my left arm will feel weak and numb (not a heart issue, because they said my heart is perfectly healthy). I will have trouble writing and my hand and entire arm feel weak and tired. I sometimes also experience shooting nerve pains through my left shoulder through my entire arm to the finger tips on the left hand. This will also happen with my left leg as well (from the inner thigh all the way to the toes, mainly the big toe).

The back of my neck and area above and between my shoulder blades ALWAYS feels really tight and hard. The muscles feel like they are literally crushing my spine. It is an uncomfortable feeling. It isn't really sharp pain, but nothing seems to relieve the tightness, hardness. I get massages, take how showers, go to spas and all of these things are only a temporary relief.

There are countless types of nerve issues that vary from a simple pinched nerve all the way to nerve degenerative diseases.

From the symptoms I have described above, what do you believe is most likely the cause?

I know that doctors aren't supposed to diagnose online or over the phone, I get it. This isn't a diagnosis I'm asking for, but just your humble opinion and with some pity on me, you might offer me some piece of mind to help me sleep at night.

I would appreciate any help or advice from the experts on here.

P.S. Would working out (push ups and sit ups) help relieve symptoms or exacerbate them?

Members don't see this ad.

This forum is not form medical advice. Please read the terms of service. This thread will be closed and the user infracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.