Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

What do you use to study for boards?

Discussion in 'Hospice and Palliative Medicine' started by EstesTables, Jan 10, 2018.

1. EstesTables

Attending Physician
    What do palliative care fellows use to study for boards?

On amazon I see some sample test kindle books for sale, but not many books for study. Is there something that fellows commonly use to study for boards, or review courses?

#1 EstesTables, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. letsdoit

letsdoit New Member

Pre-Medical
    I was wondering the same thing. My boards are this November. I am planning to take the board review course in August in Minnesota. I also hear that HPM Fast is a good resource. It has 4 modules with 25 questions each on Pediatric, Hospice regulatory, prognostication and psychiatry. As far as books are concerned, the primer for palliative care is a good resource. Also HPM Pass is a set of 150 practice questions. Essential Learning module set has 9 books and I have read one of them in older edition and they are okay. Good luck to you and if you hear of other good sources, do let me know.

4. LinseyOD

Classifieds Approved

Attending Physician
    I did HPM Pass and Fast, I reviewed Fast Facts, and there were some board type questions I found on PalliMed, I also did the 9 book module.

5. Robbin

Robbin Pharmacist

Pharmacist
    First of all, you must go to the faculty members, discuss the things with them get some notes on their experiences. Secondly, you can find some e-books or student's presentations on slideshare, scribd etc.