Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

What else besides getting an MD?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ragingbull126, Jun 27, 2001.

1. ragingbull126

ragingbull126 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I was wondering what else is out there in the medical/health profession aside from being a doctor? I was thinking about things like researching nanotechnology, genetics, etc. What other up and coming fields are there, and what education is required for them?

Thanks.

2. Humps

Humps Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

You can be a nurse. :cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. styphon

styphon Senior Member
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    As I understand you can replace the last two years of medical school with research if you intend on doing that as a career.I am probably wrong.
    Anyways..You could be a Paramedic..Or as he said Nurse..Or Medical Technician..Or maybe go into the business part of Health care..

4. ewells

ewells Big Daddy
    7+ Year Member

I know a woman who, after completing the basic sciences in med school, went on to become a anatomical illustrator. Sounds like a cool job to me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...