What grad school is everyone attending?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

loveAuD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can I get some opinions on different schools people are attending? I plan on having a 3.5 GPA when it comes time to be applying next year. Any input appreciated!:D

Members don't see this ad.

are you looking for replies from current attendees or applicants?

From current attendees if possible!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi
I am not a student, though I was before I became faculty.

I have experience with several programs, specifically the program where I teach (Salus University) and the program where I went (Gallaudet University). They are both good programs. I think that looking back, I wish Salus had a program when I got my Au.D.

Gallaudet is great for learning sign and being close to some great external clerkships. I loved my time there. What I did not get though, was hands on experience with up to date and advanced equipment and I did not get a biomedical education.

Salus, and within it, the Osborne College of Audiology is an amazing program. I can say that with a 3.5 if you have good letters of recommendation and have a strong interview, you have a good shot at getting in. We do require an interview of all applicants.

Our curriculum is really impressive. We have more classes than any other program, our curriculum is more than just audiology taught by audiologists. You will get a comprehensive education in being a doctor. The school is sparkling and has every piece of up to date equipment that you could ever want. Our students all have jobs before they graduate and they all report that their employers are blown away by how prepared and confident they are. We are a tough program, you will work hard and long hours. However, the program has a reputation for being different, for putting out more than just your basic entry level audiologist.

I recommend that anyone who is really serious about getting a quality and rigorous education, apply to Osborne.

I would be happy to answer specific questions about the program.
:)

Hello Faculty!

I am looking forward to joining you as an alum of Gally in 2013!

We have a new building now for the clinic and a lot of new equipment in the booths. Haven't gotten into any electrophys yet so I can't say anything about that. I've seen the research labs and they seem to be fairly equipped.

I know we don't have a class on vestib and that's something I'm hoping to maybe take through the consortium. It seems to be something every student on internship remarks about.

I didn't know much about Salus when I was applying last year but it sounds like a great program. I can see how the emphasis is different than at Gally, but both approaches seem really valuable.

My optometrist is an alum of Salus and he loved it!