What happened to Touro University?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Duke

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I happened to call Touro University the other day, actually Feb.5 to be exact. I asked the people there about the impending status on the AOA's approval for increasing the class size. The secretary told me that the AOA hasn't approved or denied the plan to increase the class size from approx. 95 to 125. The secretary also said that would take another eight weeks to find out what the outcome will be. This is bad news for everyone on the alternate list for Touro University. I was wondering what happened, and if anyone has any info on this matter. I was also wondering how the new campus at Mare Island is like. Any info would be appreciated.
Duke

Members don't see this ad.

Duke,

As far as I have heard, everything is going OK at Mare island. For now, no one is allowed out there since they are doing construction. From what I have seen, there is a lot of potential and I am looking forward to seeing it. The reason why you probably weren't given an answer about the AOA and class size is because the AOA was just there last week about the same time you called, so obviously nobody had an answer yet.