What happens to my app? (TX)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jpgarcia22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard that there is an option on the TMDSAS that allows you to let medical schools know that you are going to retake the MCAT.

Let's say one takes the MCAT early and scores are sent, then the application is completed and submitted ... what happens to it since you have indicated that you will retake the MCAT?

Likewise, what happens if your application is completed and submitted after taking the 2nd MCAT, but they havn't received the score yet?
Will the fact that you have taken the MCAT once still be enough for them to process/look at the application?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I heard that there is an option on the TMDSAS that allows you to let medical schools know that you are going to retake the MCAT.

Let's say one takes the MCAT early and scores are sent, then the application is completed and submitted ... what happens to it since you have indicated that you will retake the MCAT?

Likewise, what happens if your application is completed and submitted after taking the 2nd MCAT, but they havn't received the score yet?
Will the fact that you have taken the MCAT once still be enough for them to process/look at the application?

Thanks.

Yes there is an option to tell them you will be taking it again. I applied to TX schools this year and took the MCAT twice. I took it once in April, my application was complete in early June, but I put on my application that I was going to retake in July. Medical schools in Texas told me that they will not look at your application till your newst MCAT score is in. So since my application was complete in June, but I took another MCAT in july and got the scores in Aug, they didnt even look at my application till August. So In a way I applied late and was in with all the people who were complete and just applied late for whatever reason. If there hadnt of been a change in my MCAT score I would be pissed for making my application late, but there was a 8 point difference between the first and second one so it turned out just fine. Your maybe wondering how I know they wont look at your application till the second one is in, well I was nervous about it and called each of the medical schools in Texas and they all told me the same thing. Good luck, get it in as early as possible.

Yes there is an option to tell them you will be taking it again. I applied to TX schools this year and took the MCAT twice. I took it once in April, my application was complete in early June, but I put on my application that I was going to retake in July. Medical schools in Texas told me that they will not look at your application till your newst MCAT score is in. So since my application was complete in June, but I took another MCAT in july and got the scores in Aug, they didnt even look at my application till August. So In a way I applied late and was in with all the people who were complete and just applied late for whatever reason. If there hadnt of been a change in my MCAT score I would be pissed for making my application late, but there was a 8 point difference between the first and second one so it turned out just fine. Your maybe wondering how I know they wont look at your application till the second one is in, well I was nervous about it and called each of the medical schools in Texas and they all told me the same thing. Good luck, get it in as early as possible.

I actually knew a guy in almost the exact situation as you regarding the mcat. Taking it in july and getting it back in august. He did actually get invited to utmb on his first score with the other still out. The other interviews he got though weren't until well after the scores were in though.