What is considered an early application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hansolo1711

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If the schools to which I'm applying receive all of my materials and my application is complete this Friday (July 27th), is that considered to be early?

Members don't see this ad.

every school is different. from what i've gathered, state schools tend to favor applications that come in as early as possible. private schools like usc, bu, and tufts don't usually don't start until about now or in the next couple of weeks. then again, you have schools like nyu who have started sending out invitations.

best piece of advice: look on the schools' websites, and/or call them up and ask for yourself. they're usually really nice about it

every school is different. from what i've gathered, state schools tend to favor applications that come in as early as possible. private schools like usc, bu, and tufts don't usually don't start until about now or in the next couple of weeks. then again, you have schools like nyu who have started sending out invitations.

best piece of advice: look on the schools' websites, and/or call them up and ask for yourself. they're usually really nice about it

What he said. Some schools will just start to look at apps in about a week. Some schools looked at them the first week they got them. I would say you aren't late if you submit this week, but you wouldn't be considered early either.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think at this point, even if everything is submitted this weekend, it will not be considered early nomore (it's not late though!)

If the schools to which I'm applying receive all of my materials and my application is complete this Friday (July 27th), is that considered to be early?
Si.