What is everyone's opinion on alternative medicine and naturopathic medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Therefore it must be true!

In related news, the U.S. Army has decided to discard Western "technology"-based devices such as missile launchers, automatic weapons and tanks in favor of swords and the bow and arrow. "Previous cultures have had a few thousand years to perfect the lance and the longbow," an Army spokesman said. "We've had it with modern weapons dealers who can't promise automatic victories in every situations. Recently, we met with some guy who promised victories if only we returned to traditional, natural weaponry.

"How could we say no?"

Use both to your advantage. If I was in charge of say the Navy, I'd make sure that every Navy Seal also knew how to use a bow and arrow, spear, slingshot, and even a friggin rock to bean an opponent.

Members don't see this ad.

hmm I personally believe in the chinese system of using Herbs. They have few thousand years with their "technology" now. Sometimes, when I had a cold, the western medicine basically have no cure. Most doc. will tell you take more rest, eat some oranges, drink a lot of water and that's it. In chinese world, they believed some herbs can increase the ability of figiting disease in your immune system rather just give pills that may cause another trouble in patient body.

What's the difference between "pills" and "herbs." How about if I made the "herbs" into "pills." Don't you see that your belief in "herbs" is just a manifestation of your peculiar religion, that is, that "Natural is Good" and if some Chinese Kung Fu master advocates it then it has to be effective.

What if the Chinese are just full of ****? I mean, it's possible that they have and had no clue what the heck they were doing.

What's the difference between "pills" and "herbs." How about if I made the "herbs" into "pills." Don't you see that your belief in "herbs" is just a manifestation of your peculiar religion, that is, that "Natural is Good" and if some Chinese Kung Fu master advocates it then it has to be effective.

What if the Chinese are just full of ****? I mean, it's possible that they have and had no clue what the heck they were doing.

Actually there is a long history of making Chinese herbal formulas into pills. While this delivery method has some benefits (no horrible-tasting formula to gag down, portability), it is not the preferred method because the provider is unable to tailor the formula to the patient [such as to modify herbs in the formula to treat a specific side effect].

While the cinema likes to advance the stereotype of the "Physician Kung Fu Master" like Wong Fei-Hong and the magical Shaolin monks, if you actually look that the herbal formulas (that are available in print) for "Die Da", many contain toxic and poisonous herbs.

Apparently ancient China did not have a strong medical malpractice lawyer class.

But on another note, your post lacks the usual vitriol. What gives?