What is GOOD FEEDBACK? What are the Buzzwords?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Monitor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have heard you cannot put any faith in what Programs tell you. The match agreement prohibits Programs from explicitly telling you where they will rank you. And residents have told me that Programs which expressed high interest in them by saying, "Rank us high in the match, because we're ranking you high" misled them because they didn't match after ranking the program 1 or 2. :confused:

SO HOW DO YOU KNOW? I guess noone knows until match day, but what is GOOD FEEDBACK compared to likely BS...

Members don't see this ad.

It is ALL B.S. until you open your envelope on match day.

"The match agreement prohibits Programs from explicitly telling you where they will rank you. "

I don't think that this is technically true, see the following from NRMP website:

The Match Participation Agreement does not preclude one party from expressing a high level of interest in the other; however, any attempt by either party to request such information is a violation of the Match Participation Agreement. Statements implying a commitment should be avoided. Rank order lists take precedence over verbal commitments.

http://www.nrmp.org/res_match/about_res/application_process.html

It seems like interpreting this feedback would have a lot to do with the vibe you get from the person giving it to you. Slimy? Honest? If you get good feedback just file it away somewhere in the back of your brain. Don't change your game plan (e.g., don't cancel later interviews) based on such feedback. And don't change your rank list! Where you think programs will place you should not affect your rank list. Your ranking order should be based solely on where you would like to match.