This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spaceshipcoupe

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm interviewing at LECOM dental school and haven't seen much about their interviews. What is their style like and what types of questions do they ask? Any major things I should know about the school? Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm interviewing at LECOM dental school and haven't seen much about their interviews. What is their style like and what types of questions do they ask? Any major things I should know about the school? Thank you in advance!
The actual interview is 2 faculty and 6 students in a group setting. The questions are at the faculty discretion. The faculty also decide if you’ll go down the line and answer or speak up as you’d like. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions you don’t feel comfortable asking publicly.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed at LECOM last cycle and it was a group interview. My interviewers selected specific people to answer certain questions, but most questions were asked for anyone to answer. The interview lasted for about 1 hour. There were a variety of general questions, but make sure you know a little bit about the controversial issues in the dental field.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at LECOM last cycle and it was a group interview. My interviewers selected specific people to answer certain questions, but most questions were asked for anyone to answer. The interview lasted for about 1 hour. There were a variety of general questions, but make sure you know a little bit about the controversial issues in the dental field.
Was it awkward? Group interview is like the strategy that MLM's like cutco use

I didn't find it too awkward. Probably varies from group to group but my group was pretty good. Everyone was polite and no one seemed like they were trying to steal the show.

Was it awkward? Group interview is like the strategy that MLM's like cutco use

It wasn’t awkward. Just I felt like my group wasn’t that great. There were a few people that tried to steal the spotlight, which was kind of annoying because we had a limited amount of time to answer each question... and literally they would take up most of the time to answer the question without allowing everyone else to answer.. I think it probably depends on your group if it turns out great or not.

Interview is group style, not awkward because the questions are pretty broad. Dont try to steal the spotlight, while other people are answering think of a really great answer and make eye contact and show passion when you say it. 90% of conversation is body language and tone of voice.

Advice: LECOM is big on service, asda, volunteering, as well as research
Know what PBL is even though there is no real way you will completely understand it before your interview because I go to LECOM and I still dont completely understand it yet

Reactions: 1 users
Interview is group style, not awkward because the questions are pretty broad. Dont try to steal the spotlight, while other people are answering think of a really great answer and make eye contact and show passion when you say it. 90% of conversation is body language and tone of voice.

Advice: LECOM is big on service, asda, volunteering, as well as research
Know what PBL is even though there is no real way you will completely understand it before your interview because I go to LECOM and I still dont completely understand it yet
Are you asked to elaborate on the volunteer and research you have done during the group interviews?

Are you asked to elaborate on the volunteer and research you have done during the group interviews?
It’s a closed-file interview so the questions won’t be specific to your application.

It’s a closed-file interview so the questions won’t be specific to your application.
What types of things do they ask about? Is it more so personal opinions, background seeking, or general knowledge of dentistry?

What types of things do they ask about? Is it more so personal opinions, background seeking, or general knowledge of dentistry?
It really depends on the faculty interviewing. Each group had different questions of different types