What is the best way to get time management for DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Muelitas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out which would be the best way to acquire the best timing skills for all sections of the DAT ( without jeopardizing my answers). I know I'm a slow reader. Also, I'm curious to know if when you guys started destroyer, did you started by doing the problems timing yourself or did you time yourself the next time around? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Practice increases speed. My first CDP test had 29 questions blank, by the end of my practice I used to end PAT tests with a few minutes to spare. Same for RC. First CDR test took me all 50 minutes. By the end, I was able to end RC with 4-5 minutes to spare. The only exception to all this is Achiever which always took me till the last second to finish.

If you have any practice tests lined up, make sure you do them faithfully and according to time!

I didn't time myself on Destroyer. Its not a book that is representative of the DAT (material is, but difficulty isn't even close to comparable). Take your time with it, but make sure you learn whatever you get wrong.