What is the total number of weeks of electives you get at your MD school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nauru

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious, there seems to be some variation on the number of weeks of electives MD schools have.

Members don't see this ad.

In total. So 3rd year and 4th year combined.

Members don't see this ad :)
My school for fourth year had three required rotations, the rest electives.

Reactions: 1 user
On similar note (not to highjack the post), what is the general thought about doing away rotation in the place where you are hoping to do residency in ? Worth it or not ?

On similar note (not to highjack the post), what is the general thought about doing away rotation in the place where you are hoping to do residency in ? Worth it or not ?
Cmon now haha definitely not a similar note. Also it’s talked about all the time on here. It can help or hurt you depending on how you do

Reactions: 3 users
DO school, but we get 2-3 months of electives in M3 depending on your rotation site and our entire 4th year is electives outside of a 1 month EM rotation and the fact that we have to do 3 sub-Is/auditions.

Cmon now haha definitely not a similar note. Also it’s talked about all the time on here. It can help or hurt you depending on how you do
“Similar” because we can only do them for electives I think ? Not sure . Just starting thinking about all of this .

"My school for fourth year had three required rotations, the rest electives."

So how many weeks of electives was that in total?

"My school for fourth year had three required rotations, the rest electives."

So how many weeks of electives was that in total?
24 i think

4th year at our school is 36wks, 4 of which are Sub-I, the rest are electives. Can also drop the EM rotation in M3 and do an additional 4wks of elective then.