What is the University of Rochester's MD/PhD Interview like?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mstpapplicant2016

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the University of Rochester's MD/PhD interview like? I got an interview there and I want to be prepared.

Members don't see this ad.

My friend interviewed there for the MD/PhD program last month. I don't know too much, but he had ~8 interviews for Rochester in a 2-day span. Obviously with both MD and PhD interviewers. Just know your research front to back and you'll be fine.

My friend interviewed there for the MD/PhD program last month. I don't know too much, but he had ~8 interviews for Rochester in a 2-day span. Obviously with both MD and PhD interviewers. Just know your research front to back and you'll be fine.
Thanks, big favor to ask you: could you ask your friend who interviewed what they wore both days? Should I wear a suit both days? Is one day less formal than the other? If so, how much less formal? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks.

He told me he wore the same suit both days just with a different tie. Don't overthink it you'll be fine.