What is/was your least favorite class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TangoDown

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Because we all have had that class that we hate...

So far, I'm not enjoying my Literary English class. Luckily, it's the last of two that I have to take in college, but taking it reminds me of how much I despise waxing profane about esoteric pieces of fiction for a grade that is utterly subjective. Not to mention I have one of "those" professors who assigned his own book as a unit in the class.

I hope it works out better than I'm thinking it will...should have taken a rhetoric English class instead. Last semester's class was mostly that and it was thoroughly enjoyable in comparison to what I'm taking now (not to mention my professor last semester was ballin').

Meh, live and learn I guess. :(

Members don't see this ad.

Intro to Art, by far. The teacher was really timid and legitimately artsy, and he bored me to death. Art is already an extremely boring subject that I could care less about, but his way of lecturing just made it worse. I ended up though with a 99 or something in their, the highest grade I have received yet.

Art history class I took at a community college. It was a 3 hour, once a week class. The professor was a super burnt out hippy. For the entire semester we literally watched VHS tapes on art and artists. He, and the rest of the class, would routinely fall asleep during the videos. There was a term paper that I'm sure he didn't read and a final exam which we literally went over in class while we were taking it (read: he verbally gave us all the answers while we were taking it.)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Art history class I took at a community college. It was a 3 hour, once a week class. The professor was a super burnt out hippy. For the entire semester we literally watched VHS tapes on art and artists. He, and the rest of the class, would routinely fall asleep during the videos. There was a term paper that I'm sure he didn't read and a final exam which we literally went over in class while we were taking in (read: he verbally gave us all the answers while we were taking it.)

Which as an SDN member, I'm assuming you mentally blocked them out or told his superiors? :rolleyes:

Which as an SDN member, I'm assuming you mentally blocked them out or told his superiors? :rolleyes:

No but I was pretty mad that he gave me a B+ because I skipped class one day -- the day the class went on a field trip to his art studio. Oh well. :laugh:

Oh and a few of my upper level pure math courses with one particular professor were awful. She had no idea how to teach. Her idea of teaching was to transcribe excerpts the book onto the whiteboard, word for word. It was unbearably boring.

Developmental Neurobiology - going into fine details about neuronal development involving all kinds of concepts and morphogens to memorize on top of a free response exam.

I guess another contributing factor as to why I hated it - was because I had an A all the way up until the final and made my first B in neuro classes. The lectures were pointless, 80+ PP slides of pictures. Didn't necessarily know what to expect. First time i attended study groups and if I didn't I prob would of failed. It was very tedious nonetheless......

Also, biology 2 --> dry, monotonous professor that ran out of breath every time she read one sentence word for word off the powerpoint....Night class. Russian slob. Horrible experience

African traditional dance was my worst class

physio.....
the prof was a total ass and openly made fun of ppl who got questions wrong in class.

Specialized topics in government (government 2). 10% of the course grade was weekly writing exercises. 20% was a midterm. Not so bad. However, the final was 70% of the course grade. It was a freaking paper. The papers were graded by 3 different TAs.. so needless to say the grading was sketchy, inconsistent, and subjective at best.

A fire science class I took a few years ago. The professor was a retired arson investigator who stared at the back wall and droned in complete monotone for an hour and forty minutes. I was also the only female in a class of about forty students and everything was directed towards men and men type things. We had to learn about the most ridiculous things and I wanted to beat my head into the wall every class.

Members don't see this ad :)
So far... English, just because I hated the professor (she would make me feel stupid if my literary interpretation differed from hers at all), and Physics, because I hate the subject.

Because we all have had that class that we hate...

So far, I'm not enjoying my Literary English class. Luckily, it's the last of two that I have to take in college, but taking it reminds me of how much I despise waxing profane about esoteric pieces of fiction for a grade that is utterly subjective. Not to mention I have one of "those" professors who assigned his own book as a unit in the class.

I hope it works out better than I'm thinking it will...should have taken a rhetoric English class instead. Last semester's class was mostly that and it was thoroughly enjoyable in comparison to what I'm taking now (not to mention my professor last semester was ballin').

Meh, live and learn I guess. :(

Any kind of MATH, trig was okay though.

My least favorite class was World Music. I don't care about the folk music in Bulgaria one bit. Also the lowest grade I've ever gotten. Having to figure out what meter a song was in was way too hard for me.

Favorite? I like most of my classes but probably a circuitry and logic class that I took freshmen year.

It was an ethnic studies class. One of the "papers" we had to read in the class included a person anecdote from the author's life, and more than one sarcastic quip. I was horrified. I asked one of my classmates how a sarcastic paper with a "well this one time" story about the author's life in the discussion section possibly made it into a legit academic journal. He looked at me and said "Aren't all papers like that? That's how you make them relatable to the reader". Then they pass this drivel off as a legit subject that should be taught in universities.

Worst: A literature class on the Shakespearean era
Favorite: Music

Favorite classes were human A&P I and II. Aced both of them easily, It was interesting stuff, and prepared me well for MCAT bio. It was one of those pre nursing classes, and while the future nurses struggled I came out of both of those classes with above 100 averages. Me and a couple of other bio majors constantly f'ed up the curve.

I had an Intro to Theatre class where the instructor literally read from the text book--he was an actor, not a teacher.

My favorite classes are anatomy and physiology, microbiology, genetics and Japanese.

My least/most favorite class has always been because of the professors and TAs and not because of the material.

The closest a class that came to disproving this statement was a cancer biology class that the professor and TA's made pretty miserable despite the insanely interesting material. I ended up enjoying the class anyways. Having said that, my absolute least favorite class was one where the professor had policies that pitted students against each other in terms of grades and group projects. He even had each group "grade" the other groups which turned out as obvious as it sounded. Each group gave themselves the highest grade and everyone else lower grades. They changed the format of that class afterwards.

English II- Prof expected us to be best-selling author, ended up with a B
Calc I- Math is not my subject, too much work
Chem I- Boring prof
Phys I- Foreign language lol

Overall, I haven't been too thrilled these first 2 years of college

Least: mammalian physiology. Loved the content, just had a terrible professor. It's amazing how one person can ruin something lol.

Favorite: genetics.

Worst: Organic Chemistry... mainly because of the sexist professor. He would make fun of any female who asked questions (both in class and during office hours). Couldn't do anything about it because he was also the Department Chair. :annoyed: