What is your Briggs-Meyers Personality Type?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aspiring_Future_D.O.

I choose to live and lead with solutions.
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is your Briggs-Meyers personality type?
Specifically in the context of medicine, how does your chosen career fit your personality?

ISFJ

Yes, though I am a quiet detail-oriented introvert I love spending time with people - often though I have extrovert tendencies. This is why medicine is a good fit for me. When I first began shadowing physicians in high school I was immediately captivated by the unique physician-patient relationship because it is unlike any other personal or professional relationship. There is a high level of mutual trust and honesty between both physician and patient that is pinnacle in healthcare. Aside from this aspect of medicine, I am very curious about the intricacies of human physiology and constantly read and seek to expand my (and my future patient's) knowledge to better understand how to combat disease.

Members don't see this ad.

This "test" has little internal/external validity: it is meaningless. I think confirmation bias is difficult to escape when taking online personality tests. I haven't looked into it, but maybe personality psychologists have developed a useful way to accurately and meaningfully categorize personality types. I know there is some government produced survey that spits out possible jobs/careers that you may have a propensity towards. I would guess that survey is at least somewhat evidence-based. But Briggs-Meyers does not deserve a place on a pre-med board, in my opinion.

This "test" has little internal/external validity: it is meaningless. I think confirmation bias is difficult to escape when taking online personality tests. I haven't looked into it, but maybe personality psychologists have developed a useful way to accurately and meaningfully categorize personality types. I know there is some government produced survey that spits out possible jobs/careers that you may have a propensity towards. I would guess that survey is at least somewhat evidence-based. But Briggs-Meyers does not deserve a place on a pre-med board, in my opinion.

The Myers-Briggs personality typology probably belongs on the osteopathic pre-med board, though, since it's just as scientifically valid as much of OMT. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I always get INTJ on those tests, but I agree with this.

The test is a joke and the worst part was that my Med school peddled the exam as if it were real.

Ya'll such cranky wet blankets. I love Meyers-Briggs, it's a good introspective look at your weaknesses and strengths as a person.

INTP/J. Started testing more as a J once I joined the military (ie, once I got my **** together)